6 Jan 2017, 20:14 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Relic Winter Balance Preview v1.4 Update

Winter Balance 1.4 Notes here -->

Feedback thread -->

Mod workshop location-->

Please post replays here-->
6 Jan 2017, 20:37 PM

can we get a list of all changes that exist between live and 1.4? it a bit confusing to follow what has changed so far...
6 Jan 2017, 20:44 PM
Patrion 14

looks good. especially ghosting.
6 Jan 2017, 20:45 PM

So it looks as though penal ptrs is here to stay then?

Oh well. Once again excellent qol changes and bug fixes. Balance changes are questionabe at best.

What is the replay threshold for listening to feedback this time around?
6 Jan 2017, 20:47 PM

Hope this won´t happen. I´m fearing lategame kubel with supression, selfrepair covering some VP/fuel point without actual counterplay
6 Jan 2017, 20:49 PM

I'd rather make vet 1 kubel have the spotting scopes mechanic instead of the map-hack, same with the Valentine
6 Jan 2017, 20:58 PM

Company of Penals. This is starting to be fucking dumb.
6 Jan 2017, 21:00 PM

Excuse me but:

OKW

Panzerfausts

OKW are the only faction in the game to have snares which cost 35 munitions. This heavy Panzerfaust cost made them too vulnerable to vehicles, especially when compounded with their other inferior anti-tank options. The delay on OKW unlocking Panzerfausts compared to Wehrmacht made them helpless versus early light vehicles such as the M3 and M20. This, additionally made the prospect of going for a Mechanised HQ less viable.

What about UKF? Can they get a snare yet or is their weakness supposed to be early vehicle rape because clearly here, its regarded as a massive weakness for OKW that have the option but have to spend muni for it...

They already swapped the snipers ability for the arty, so you have to vet him up to get the ability...

Seriously, give them a snare already, even if you have to tech nades to get it, just give them one.
6 Jan 2017, 21:01 PM

Great now that the flame ht isnt as good at burning units out, we essentially just reward garrisoned units more. This unit is already fragile and risky to start with and was changed simply because some noob started a thread about it. Its 90 munitions. Raise its cost again to 120 if its to good for the noobs stop out right nerfing and buffing shit.
6 Jan 2017, 21:03 PM

Great now that the flame ht isnt as good at burning units out, we essentially just reward garrisoned units more. This unit is already fragile and risky to start with and was changed simply because some noob started a thread about it. Its 90 munitions. Raise its cost again to 120 if its to good for the noobs stop out right nerfing and buffing shit.

A garrisoned unit will still be countered by the flame ht. The only thing they improved is that now you can actually move your unit out of the building before the flame ht nukes it to hell. It is still a viable counter vs units in buildings, it just doesn't burn them in the blink of an eye, which was lame and had no counter play.
6 Jan 2017, 21:05 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Great changes, love the late game veterancy buffs.

6 Jan 2017, 21:07 PM

Before actually passing judgement on how much we nerfed the flameHT, would you kindly first try it out.
You know, you can even take the 2 minutes to launch cheatmod and try it out for yourself.

The flameHT wasn't even nearly as nerfed as the value change implies.

So it looks as though penal ptrs is here to stay then?

Oh well. Once again excellent qol changes and bug fixes. Balance changes are questionabe at best.

What is the replay threshold for listening to feedback this time around?

Relic is hosting a survey atm, for people to voice their opinion about the changes we've done for each faction. One of the questions that has to do about Soviets was about which flavour of Penals you prefer:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WBPV14

There is still a long way to go for the patch. While we don't have any dramatic changes in-line for v1.5 yet (we will want to finetune the new vehicles we just touched), I am pretty sure we will also try a PTRS-free variant at some point (maybe from v1.6).
6 Jan 2017, 21:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Volks Grenadier Panzerfaust Munitions cost reduced from 35 to 25
Requires an sWS being summoned into the field (as opposed to truck being set-up)

Maybe problem are not in price (if we dont forget taht UKF dont have at nades) adn okw have raketenin t0, but problem are in range of volks faust ?
6 Jan 2017, 21:24 PM

RIP Soviets T1.

Now shitty Cons PPSH look interesting :foreveralone:
6 Jan 2017, 21:28 PM

Permanently Banned
I just can undestand, you give penals PTRS to cunter ligh vehicles, but you nerf there accuracy to light vehicles. WTF ?
6 Jan 2017, 21:31 PM

I just can undestand, you give penals PTRS to cunter ligh vehicles, but you nerf there accuracy to light vehicles. WTF ?

That's because we found 2 PTRS were the right spot. Since we are now giving them 3 PTRS, they should perform like 2 PTRS when Penals roll out.
6 Jan 2017, 21:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2017, 21:00 PMLatch
Excuse me but:

What about UKF? Can they get a snare yet or is their weakness supposed to be early vehicle rape because clearly here, its regarded as a massive weakness for OKW that have the option but have to spend muni for it...

They already swapped the snipers ability for the arty, so you have to vet him up to get the ability...

Seriously, give them a snare already, even if you have to tech nades to get it, just give them one.

then i want 25% more range for mg42 and mg34 in houses with vet1, too
6 Jan 2017, 21:48 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

This patch is just so far off course and feels like community feedback is basically disregarded. If the final patch looks anything like what the WBP is currently, god help anyone who still wants to play this game in any competitive fashion.

3 PTRS for 80 muni lol. Why not 4 for 100? They should also get smoke grenades no?
6 Jan 2017, 21:51 PM

I guess all this WBP should end up with bug fixes, few simple nerfs, few simple buffs and done.

Now I'm kinda lost and feel like a Budwise (which is extraordinary since we've never been on the same side lel)
6 Jan 2017, 21:53 PM

then i want 25% more range for mg42 and mg34 in houses with vet1, too

Bad b8 i r8 0/8 But to keep it on topic:

Both MG's are non doctrinal, 42 has higher rate of fire, suppresses faster. mg34's are shit, range wont change that, if you have an issue with it, bring it up on your own, devise a solution.

Fausts however are expensive for OKW but nonexistent for Brits, despite being said in relics own words that it is a huge weakness vs vehicles to a faction, this needs changing.

PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS