Login

russian armor

Winter Balance Preview Changelog

PAGES (23)down
25 Nov 2016, 21:48 PM

I love the sniper changes (haven't tested them yet). The sniper's range is everything it needs to consistently drain manpower from the enemy if a good player is using it. The new camouflage makes more sense and may make snipers actually killable with no-sniper factions.
25 Nov 2016, 21:55 PM
Patrion 14

"Given a handbrake ability to prevent unwanted movement"

I wanted this for so long.

also, is there a "fix" for units cloaking on retreat? does not seem like one. or is that how it is intended? i guess the new re cloaking policy kinda deals with that.

p.s. did you guys look into the disparity between Axis command tanks and Brit command tank ability? Axis ones affect teammates which is a huge problem in team games. i think it should be like the brit one where it only affects yourself.

also is there a reason why not all vehicle can have hold fire?
25 Nov 2016, 21:59 PM

Really pz II luchs needs that nerf? It's an AI dedicated light tank that must punish AT infantry like guards o zooks RE. Anyway RIP penals and welcome back conscript spam.
25 Nov 2016, 21:59 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2016, 21:55 PMpigsoup

also, is there a "fix" for units cloaking on retreat? does not seem like one. or is that how it is intended? i guess the new re cloaking policy kinda deals with that.

p.s. did you guys look into the disparity between Axis command tanks and Brit command tank ability? Axis ones affect teammates which is a huge problem in team games. i think it should be like the brit one where it only affects yourself.

Please invis your own post here for being off topic.

"Light Tanks/Vehicles, Squad Formations & Clumping, USF Mortar, Penals & Guards, and Wehrmacht Infantry Scaling. So please leave feedback to specifically those changes and not about all the other priority issues that need changing too."
25 Nov 2016, 22:06 PM

If I am not mistaken, this was addressed in the previous patch. Thus, there should be no infantry benefiting from camo when retreating.

Regarding hold fire, I am totally up for it. However to create place for it, we would have to get rid of one ability (I'd say prioritise vehicles for TDs and AT guns, which should have no interest wasting theor shots against infantry anyway).

However, given that this is the first balance patch we did, I wanted to push as many of the non-controversial QoL changes as I could. That way, in a future patch, players will have a smaller set of changes they can scrutinise.
25 Nov 2016, 22:10 PM

However, given that this is the first balance patch we did, I wanted to push as many of the non-controversial QoL changes as I could. That way, in a future patch, players will have a smaller set of changes they can scrutinise.

Are you suggesting that the community might overreact to the changes in this upcoming patch?
25 Nov 2016, 22:18 PM
Patrion 27

The M20 still takes 45 seconds to build even though the manpower cost has been drastically reduced. Is this intentional?
25 Nov 2016, 22:25 PM
Donator 22

Things that seem over-nerfed:

1. Puma/AEC. Without the aim shot/treadbreeker freezing tanks, they lose a lot of scaling. They also did not do so much inf damage that it deserved to be nerfed.

2. Penals. Without flamers, it loses a little too much scaling. I think reduced recieved acc bonuses would probably be a better change. That would make them more of a glass cannon.

3. Medkits aren't fixable. They need to be removed with something that is actually useful, or should be completely free.

4. AAHT damage nerf seems excessive. Maybe 20% reduction would be more reasonable. It already is not used enough.

5. The 10 second recloak for snipers seems excessive. 4 or 5 would be more reasonable.

6. 222 changes seem alright but the fuel cost is excessive. 20 would be more reasonable.

Otherwise, I really appreciate this patch and changes ya'll made. I hope this feedback is helpful.
25 Nov 2016, 22:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Are you suggesting that the community might overreact to the changes in this upcoming patch?

Fixed that for ya.

Though I think he means more that by splitting up the balance changes in total and fixing the plain wrong bugs for this patch, it'll make the next one easier to criticize.
25 Nov 2016, 22:32 PM

Just like the last patch, the general changes are welcome and long overdue. The unit and faction specific ones don't seem as well thought out, or a little narrow minded in their focus.

Quite frankly I don't understand a vast majority of the changes when there's also being a change to squad spacing.

So many problems have persisted from the issues related to squad spacing that there's really no way to gauge how much those changes will impact the game.

Balancing units around a problem that is being fixed doesn't seem like there is much foresight being taken.
25 Nov 2016, 22:34 PM

Just like the last patch, the general changes are welcome and long overdue. The unit and faction specific ones don't seem as well thought out, or a little narrow minded in their focus.

Quite frankly I don't understand a vast majority of the changes when there's also being a change to squad spacing.

So many problems have persisted from the issues related to squad spacing that there's really no way to gauge how much those changes will impact the game.

Balancing units around a problem that is being fixed doesn't seem like there is much foresight being taken.

I would agree except that the changes are actually tested in games by a number of players listed earlier in in the thread. I'm sure that the prepatch will be available soon for player testing if you lack faith in it.
25 Nov 2016, 22:36 PM

welp, best patch in coh2 history but unfornatelly it's too late for this corpse
25 Nov 2016, 22:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

While I see your point, I do think it's worth making sure early vehicle squad wipes are D-E-D such that if anything turns out underpowered, they can buff them back by anything that will not in any way go back toward wiping squads in like three shots. Price reductions, speed, acceleration, vet requirements, MG DPS, target size, etc. I personally doubt any vehicles had their main guns nerfed so much such that they deserve a buff to improve their AI, but certainly MG buffs would do it fine for any that turn out to need better AI.
25 Nov 2016, 22:55 PM

I don't disagree. But even so, it's frustrating when sweeping changes to every contributing factor of a problem are made. It makes it impossible to determine how much any one change impacts the game. It irks me as a scientist. ;)

Honestly, I think I'm going to be partially salty about any patch that doesn't result in tiered resource points for the WorldBuilder. You know so maps aren't doomed to suck or be clones of each other. :P
25 Nov 2016, 23:04 PM

Yes nerf everything soviet.

What an ingenious idea to remove flamethrowers from penals, now they are just riflemen without any weapons. Also what a brilliant idea to increase the price of guards.

Now what am I supposed to do? My penals can't do anti-infantry work and my guards are extremely expensive and yet no match for obersoldaten.

Thanks lelic.
25 Nov 2016, 23:13 PM

Wait WHAT? Double M1919 removed but not double Bren/Vickers k? What the hell??!

P. S. I like most of the other changes keep the good work up ;)
25 Nov 2016, 23:14 PM

hmm...overall good patch but..

Penals over nerfed
Pz4 needs a little bit more pen
Pz2 ai nerf? dont understand this one, its not like it was a squad wiping machine and is poor in the AT department

Double brens need to be addressed because of the insane damage output and RA with vet.( i can also see brit blobs with brens and piats incoming)

One thing i would like to suggest is to deny brits players being able to build bofors in the VP to prevent VP camping (like the panzer shwerer headquarters for OKW)
25 Nov 2016, 23:17 PM

does anyone else feel like the m20 nerf is too strong? it's way too vulnerable to faust spam to knock the dps of the .50 cal down that far.
25 Nov 2016, 23:20 PM

Next meta pio spam... WOOOOw, also guards to strong?? plssss, im ok nerf penals, but give the soviet faction something new, upgrades to conscripts, maybe wepons rack with dp, pps... and why allies must pay for upgrade nades and axis get that for free???

of course we need changes but not just buf a faction and nerf another one
25 Nov 2016, 23:25 PM

Permanently Banned
So who make patch and test , why you make double nerf for penals and guards ? And waht the reason nerf all mortars, if one of them are to slow and accuracy compared to antoher mortars ?
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS