Login

russian armor

What do you think of RELIC ?

6 Nov 2016, 11:27 AM

but relic already showed us they can actually copy pasta stuffs from game mode, they already did from miragefla one and quality of life.

Just to remind you, in early 2016 relic made a balance patch which was at 90% from miragefla mod.

followed by a wave of hate on relic and miragefla.

i will let this thread go on during 5 more days, will resume it and give it to relic.
We will have reached one hundred vote, which will be alreaady enough to give some credits to our feedback.
6 Nov 2016, 11:32 AM
Donator 11

but relic already showed us they can actually copy pasta stuffs from game mode, they already did from miragefla one and quality of life.

Just to remind you, in early 2016 relic made a balance patch which was at 90% from miragefla mod.

followed by a wave of hate on relic and miragefla.

i will let this thread go on during 5 more days, will resume it and give it to relic.
We will have reached one hundred vote, which will be alreaady enough to give some credits to our feedback.

It wasn't 90%, it was barely over 50%. And the way they chose changes to make was quite random, while miragefla mod worked only becouse one change affected the other. Still the version they shown us in official relic mod was much better than the game itself at the time. And then they didn't implement it, they implemented different version with changes like changing perfectly fine miragefla mortar into broken usf mortar that is not fixed until now.
6 Nov 2016, 11:51 AM

I think people here are forgetting how often they released broken and unbalanced shit just to get more sells (Tigerace, Windustry, Brits at launch, land mattress). We can't blame the devs for the money hungry losers on top.

I don't trust this company, never will lol.
6 Nov 2016, 12:38 PM

Really bad, although its surely a fault of only part of the team.

Good thing is that they made the system with in-game money (or supplies)

Bad thing is that it took almost two years.

Another bad... no, wait-the worst thing about them is that they release some stupid and impossible to not notice bugs with almost every patch. Did they really find the MG-like fire-rate of USF tanks not weird at all? Or when Leigs with vet 2 bonus were able to move faster than any tank? Nothin weird about that, right? And then spend a whole week waiting, before releasing a fix that breaks it even more.

Then there is a design of commanders. (Indeed this may be Sega's fault, in which case it doesnt count) I still miss the days of release, when commanders would only upgrade your army in several areas that were already covered by core units anyway. From that, they advanced to release commanders who either have a pretty essential stuff that always should have been in the core army (like a non-vet blocked snare in Brits special weapons regiment), commanders who turn the whole army's play-style upside down (Bosstruppen) and those with some ridiculously OP stuff, so people buy it ASAP and then they nerf it. (Callliope)

We also have balance which recently made quite a step up, but we're still stuck with a handfull of terrible units without a role that wouldnt be filled by something else (Ostwind, Conscripts, Basic Churchill, M3, Flame Hetzer, 17 pounder, Soviet core mortar, USF mortar halftrack, Brits royal arty commander)

And then bugsplat...

Lets not forget about the matchmaking. There were times when it would find an unbalanced match after less than a minute of searching. There were times when it would find a well balanced one after more than six minutes of searching. Now it finds an unbalanced one after more than seven minutes. But there never was a long enough time of finding a balanced match in less than two minutes of searching, in spite of the player-base being huge enough for it

So, what they should do is immidiately fire a testing team... assuming that they have one and promptly replace it. Then finally remove crashes and lags and errors. Then make sure that every unit in the game has a reason to be used
6 Nov 2016, 13:16 PM

Needs a "mediocre" option.
7 Nov 2016, 12:23 PM
Donator 11

i voted bad

i understand that dow 3 uses most of the ressources atm, but it would need ONE person at relic to be active to solve most of the problems in no time. implement all bug fixes by miragefla, get some pros together and let them make a balance patch, introduce that patch, wait a month, rinse and repeat. its easy, but someone at relic/sega is not willing to let that happen
7 Nov 2016, 14:57 PM

i voted bad
it would need ONE person at relic to be active to solve most of the problems in no time. implement all bug fixes, get some pros together and let them make a balance patch, introduce that patch, wait a month, rinse and repeat. its easy, but someone at relic/sega is not willing to let that happen

It's like it's 2013 again.
7 Nov 2016, 16:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2016, 08:35 AMPhy
Let the hate flow boys.

Imo we should create a new word to express how bad relic did its job with coh2. Coh2 is a game that COULD be -in real terms- an awesome and competitive game. Plenty of solutions have been made or suggested by community -copy pasta if you can't do it by yourself-. But relic decided to let the game die.

End of story. Sad but true.

Pudding?
7 Nov 2016, 18:04 PM

Placing a very much biased poll with two polarized real options and two joke ones in your supposedly "constructive" and "non-biased" thread doesn't really instill confidence in your claim to be after such things.

Given the two options, I'll vote Good. I have plenty of issues with how Relic works, but at the same time I recognize they have given the game more than the industry average support is.
7 Nov 2016, 18:30 PM

I have not been impressed with Relic recently, but they did try to improve the game at points. Communication has been poor, and timely updates have been rare.

Having said that the game was constructed in one of the worst possible environments I can think of (THQ going bankrupt during development). I suspect this led to numerous design problems and a rushed product, making latter patching critical. Unfortunately, the insistence on making COH2 feel new and not sticking to some core elements was instituted and this hampered the game, and still does.

Having said that, this is a game, they have provided some support, and they used to be more involved in community feedback. You are definitely asking this question at the low point in the relationship.
7 Nov 2016, 19:13 PM

I love the game. Yes relic did some bad decisions, but witout thems we would have no coh2.

It still good that they still make some updates.

But i would love that they put more stuff from mirage mod and that they would listen more to people like : cruzz and mr smith.

Atleast to fix the critials bugs ingame, like usf mortar and Jagdpanzer V vet 1 camo bug.
7 Nov 2016, 19:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Nov 2016, 18:04 PMCruzz
Given the two options, I'll vote Good. I have plenty of issues with how Relic works, but at the same time I recognize they have given the game more than the industry average support is.

This.
The game had potential to be even better, but it's not like they didn't try and there were too many highs and lows.

Alpha/Release:
THQ bankrupt. Game barely been able to be released. SEGA bought Relic n CoH2 fortunately made it up, with i think good sales numbers. The game still required polish, but there was plenty of potential on it. Multiplayer was good, same as ToW. Questionable campaign direction.
Now the bad and the ugly. "We are not gonna release money gated DLC which would affect the gameplay of the MP"... Hello commanders. Ugly: my condolence for whoever bought the REAL Limited Edition.

Till just before WFA:
I'll say you have to praise how the game has evolved since it's release. One wouldn't think it's the same game. From veterancy rework, UI, infantry fights, garrison, etc. We got pseudo mod tools (world builder), free content, battle servers.
Questionable: communication was back n forth. Same with patch releases.
Bad: more commanders. OP commanders. And then released Tiger ace and Industry and didn't touch them for several months.
Really bad: a constant which will be there and remains are the bugs.

WFA:
Might i say, that IMO, the game was one of it's top level, just before they release OKW + USF (specially after the Ele+ISU nerf). Shame it didn't last long since we were gonna endure the madness of 2 new factions. IIRC communication around this time improved quite a lot and from this point onward it would just go down bit by bit.
Questionable: expected to have balance issues. But completely changing OKW mechanics 1 week before beta ended was REALLY YOLO on their part.
Bad: sigh. Why release the game with an older version than the beta (hello Truck crushing). USF steamrolling OH on 1v1 and been a joke of a faction on 3v3+. OKW been PROKW or OPKW.

UKF:
Why? GGWPNORE. RIP Relic employees.
Been a bit more serious. It had simil points as before (highs n lows).

TL;DR: If i have to summarize this briefly it'll be: great OVERALL support, awesome game, lacking polish. 2 steps forward and then one back.

7 Nov 2016, 20:42 PM

Guys, serious question: In the past I often kinda lost my faith of Relic.. but at the same time I am asking myself often:

Is it even Relic's fault? Can we really blame them? It's also possible that SEGA just entirely stopped giving ressources for CoH2, and in such a situation there is nothing Relic can do. It's even more surprising that Relic still wants to fix some balance issues in the future instead of completely abandoning CoH2, under this aspect.
8 Nov 2016, 09:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Nov 2016, 18:04 PMCruzz
Placing a very much biased poll with two polarized real options and two joke ones in your supposedly "constructive" and "non-biased" thread doesn't really instill confidence in your claim to be after such things.

oh cmon cruzz, explain how me how this is biased :

of course, i can t put something else that "yes" or "no" inside the options. It s a FORUM, which means you can explain why you voted yes or no.

I have told 3 times inside this thread that we are interested by the reason, and not just the result of the pool.

i don't give a shit if people vote "yes", "no" or even "i don t play coh2" as long as they vote and tell us WHY.

that's the 'why' which will help relic to improve and maybe do something.

Secondly, the 2 other options (i don t play coh 2 & can you repeat the question ?) are made to satisfy trolls and avoid them to biase the results by doing shit.

I keep reading what people say and will make a kind of resume in some days,

but after reading all these post, i must admit that i'm surprised (in the good way ) of the coh 2 community.
it might be the CryBaby who gives the feeling that the whole community hate relic, but in fact almost half of the people like the way relic do his job !
8 Nov 2016, 12:01 PM

Permanently Banned
Really need know if in all this coh fails are not SEGA hand ?
I like this game, but Relic dont learn nothing, thay always do same mistake (all beta from vanilla to brits its YOLO fest).
Things like observemod, supplies are good but this things alwyas arrive to late. Same with bugs fix and balance. Relic forget about optimization, but its a part of road map. Communication with community are bad.
Game have a good potential adn are good, but relic/sega bury it with fest of balance (not always bad like in 2014 spring) and bugs, maps.
I vote bad.
8 Nov 2016, 12:35 PM

I dont get the point of making threads like this.
8 Nov 2016, 12:38 PM

I vote bad
reason - the constant lies, a few examples of which I remember very well:
- Single player, will be historical and impolitic - lie
- The second part of the game will be completely focused on the Eastern Front. The first part of the game was focused on the Western Front, and showed it very well - a huge lie and my disappointment
- We will not add Pershing
8 Nov 2016, 13:14 PM
Benefactor 392

There is a lot they had and are doing wrong, and there are a lot of things they have done right.

As a company that wants to make money i think they had done some stuff to help "rake in the dough".

As a company that wanted to improve the game, they had tried, they tried listening to the community they tried to make the game balanced, in their own way i guess. However there were some instances that the behaviour was questionable.
They had continuously added things that the community screamed for. however they played it to safe and went reclusive everytime they were screamed at.
Their opinion on the people that made the community from what i've been told seem questionable at best. I feel like they should have just ignored the feelings of those people who seem the loudest with those negative responses.

What i'd've wanted to see more of was more theatre of war stuff, more scenarios for both single and co-operative play. Instead of focusing so hard on the multiplayer aspect.
Also i'd like to see them show more recognition to those who actually created content into the game and give them credit. weather it be a decal or an ingame skin or something.

I'd like them to fix more major flaws then minor ones in the game.

In the end i feel like they took things to personal and got disgruntled with how they were treated, instead of looking for the people that actually best represent the player base.

But this is just my opinion on things, I like to keep a non-biased view point on everything because to me it's just a game i enjoy. i'd love this game to go places and become great. because they made this game a good game and i feel like this game is the game for me.
8 Nov 2016, 13:34 PM

Relic is horrible. Sure they "support" the game but when most patches are broken, untested bullsh*t that they take months if not years to fix; you can see why the community doesn't trust them.

Take recent history. Advanced Cancer and One-Shot Armored Car was god-awful. It was worse than balance at release. What did they do? Take months to fix it. Then they threw the player base a bone and had a beta.

It was like saying, "hey guys, the days of untested changes are over. We have a beta again!"

And what did they do on patch day? Release the untested change of the USF mortar.

Relic could literally be a 12-year-old 4-chan user trolling us and we'd be unable to tell; they've acted with the same blatant lack of consideration for the game and community.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS