Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes III - Your expectations

PAGES (12)down
17 Jan 2018, 21:49 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

But, as far as ice is concerned, it's heavily flawed: all ice is the same, whereas there is water that is shallow enough to cross with units. Since there's no differentiation of depth for ice, you have tanks phasing through solid ground because the front tracks were on 1 inch deep ice. This is still actually a problem and wasn't fixed by removing cold tech.

This isn't exactly accurate. The tanks that sink as you describe on ice is because the difference between the ice (water level) and the ground that a portion of the tank is on is higher than .5 meters (I believe this is the max, but it might be .6, cant remember). You could have a tank drive on ice, have the ice break and NOT SINK, but the way maps are made it currently bugs out hard because the ground level and water level are so drastic in such a short distance.

You could make an entire map with water/ice (for sliding effect on vehicles) that NEVER sink, if done correctly.

I did this on, the 2nd map (?) I had ever streamed and tested, just to see if it worked.

TLDR; the same rules apply for water shallows as they do for ice shallows.
17 Jan 2018, 22:19 PM
Benefactor 115

I did like it that when a blizzard arrived your line of sight got reduced and that you couldn't use planes or other off maps.

I think introducing those elements back into the game would be interesting for multiplayer.
17 Jan 2018, 22:32 PM

i expect it to be unbalanced game for about 5 years with shit tones of DLC's, even more than paradox can make KappaClaus
18 Jan 2018, 08:48 AM

i expect it to be unbalanced game for about 5 years

And then it dies. What are your expectations for CoH 4?
18 Jan 2018, 09:14 AM

Poor, beta-esque design flaws still present 6 months into launch

Completely ignore player feedback for ages (sniper in HT is no fun!" "Lol, we'll fix that sometime")

Awful voice acting

Streamers rushing to find boring abuse strats

Gimmicky feature like "Hunger Tech" where if you don't feed soldiers every 5 min, they run away. Best food will be DLC
18 Jan 2018, 09:16 AM

And then it dies. What are your expectations for CoH 4?

i expect it to be unbalanced game for about 5 years with shit tones of DLC's, even more than paradox can make KappaClaus
18 Jan 2018, 09:18 AM

Gimmicky feature like "Hunger Tech" where if you don't feed soldiers every 5 min, they run away. Best food will be DLC

dont make fun of the cold tech.. back in times we played on faceoff at rostov.. just to see multiple schwer HQ and bunkers everywhere after the blizzard left LUL
18 Jan 2018, 15:07 PM

Poor, beta-esque design flaws still present 6 months into launch

Completely ignore player feedback for ages (sniper in HT is no fun!" "Lol, we'll fix that sometime")

Awful voice acting

Streamers rushing to find boring abuse strats

I Actually liked coh 2's voice acting. company of heroes 1s voice acting was funny, but i liked more of "realistic" approach in second installment.
18 Jan 2018, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2018, 21:49 PMTric

This isn't exactly accurate. The tanks that sink as you describe on ice is because the difference between the ice (water level) and the ground that a portion of the tank is on is higher than .5 meters (I believe this is the max, but it might be .6, cant remember). You could have a tank drive on ice, have the ice break and NOT SINK, but the way maps are made it currently bugs out hard because the ground level and water level are so drastic in such a short distance.

You could make an entire map with water/ice (for sliding effect on vehicles) that NEVER sink, if done correctly.

I did this on, the 2nd map (?) I had ever streamed and tested, just to see if it worked.

TLDR; the same rules apply for water shallows as they do for ice shallows.

Good to know. 0.5 is certainly the magic number for worldbuilder :D

Point is though, shallow ice never functionally materialized in coh2, ostensibly due to this kind of subtle nuance in map design that had massive gameplay implications.
18 Jan 2018, 22:12 PM

I Actually liked coh 2's voice acting. company of heroes 1s voice acting was funny, but i liked more of "realistic" approach in second installment.

Realistic? They got B-list SNL comedians in to do German and Russian impersonations.

Go watch a cast of a coh1 semoisky game, listen how they whisper. Listen to the snioers. Great voice acting.

Soviets are a travesty. They didn't even ask a Russian to check it and it's full of mistakes. Also, they seemed to make them speak like an Ork army. Bad. Very bad.
18 Jan 2018, 22:44 PM

Balance balance balance. I want COH3 to be more E-sport oriented! We need to keep RTS genre alive!
19 Jan 2018, 02:12 AM

One word.... Dinosaurs!
19 Jan 2018, 07:32 AM

Balance balance balance. I want COH3 to be more E-sport oriented! We need to keep RTS genre alive!

Company Heroes 2 from the start of the game was positioned as an E-sport game, the result: a failure. The Dawn of War 3 was fully dedicated to E-sport, the result:
absolutely disgusting game, in which 400 people are now playing, about the same number of people are now playing in the old Dawn of War 2. Conclusion: it's not right to build garbage under the name E-sport, need to build an excellent RTS. If the game is great - E-Sport will come all the way
19 Jan 2018, 08:21 AM

Realistic? They got B-list SNL comedians in to do German and Russian impersonations.

Go watch a cast of a coh1 semoisky game, listen how they whisper. Listen to the snioers. Great voice acting.

Soviets are a travesty. They didn't even ask a Russian to check it and it's full of mistakes. Also, they seemed to make them speak like an Ork army. Bad. Very bad.

By realistic i mean't how units voice acting is done to reflect situation. in Coh 1 riflemen talked like "fucking jerry asshole bastards attacking" style, bit comedic way. In coh 2 units are bit more realistic when they are under attack, yelling and screaming more reasonably (maybe expect brits). Also the fact that at least ostheer and soviet units yelled when they were losing men seriously feeled bad (at least first. However this was dropped with western front factions. Yeah russian voice acting was quite bad i give you that, but at least germans were fine.
19 Jan 2018, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2018, 02:12 AMRosbone
One word.... Dinosaurs!

Company of Cretaceous–Paleogene

19 Jan 2018, 15:30 PM

Company of Cretaceous–Paleogene

LMAO It would be a hit I guarantee it :banana:
19 Jan 2018, 16:18 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2018, 15:30 PMRosbone

LMAO It would be a hit I guarantee it :banana:

But why axis get all cool and armoured dinosaur and allies only have herbivore ones?
19 Jan 2018, 16:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2018, 16:18 PMArray
But why axis get all cool and armoured dinosaur and allies only have herbivore ones?

Very well done! :clap:

I would also like to see an opening screen that is some form of intelligence test so you cant play unless your IQ is above a certain level. Just had a nice team killer game :sibToxic:

EDIT: What happened to the KICK system from COH1. It would be great if after 1 minute you can kick a player off your team. In a 4v4, about every 3rd game you have someone AFK, team killer, or is seriously mental. And there is nothing as a team you can do about it SeemsGoodMan #EsportsReady.

I just played with some tard that didnt play for 4 minutes, got rekt, then quit. Insta-loss for his team. Next game hes in the game again. Leaderboard is meaningless unless these things get fixed.
19 Jan 2018, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2018, 16:18 PMArray

Okay dude. That one was really funny.
20 Jan 2018, 04:28 AM

you mean "I forgot to bring my skies" "oh god here is so cold I think snow is in my pants" "pak lets start pulling dumbs" is this what you call realistic?
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS