Login

russian armor

No Tech Call-in Tanks

12 Aug 2016, 13:47 PM

Call-in infantry isn't a problem, as most stock infantry can be produced early on anyways.

It is a problem. The unlock timing is inconsistent with your teching. If you end up waiting for a call-in to be unlcoked at a certain time you might end up floating a lot, forcing you to buy something you didnt plan on. Its unpredictable in fact. CP points is complete BS - the most retarded resource that inconsistently increases with random actions your troops carry out.

We locked EZ8 and su76/85 into tiers, why can't we do that with the rest. Relic nerfed so many call-in units' stats instead integrating them properly into the game.

Also, why the hell am I forced to pick a doctrine to build a stock unit (King Tiger)? #consistencyplease
12 Aug 2016, 14:10 PM

But seriously, imagine (with slightly adjusted stats) being able to build Pathfinders in t0 or paratroopers and greyhounds in t1. Don't tell me that that wouldn't change USF for the better. Being able to plan BOs? What?
12 Aug 2016, 19:53 PM

I'm not sure why this is a problem all of a sudden. Call-ins make the game more diverse and exciting.

The reasons why stug-e is bonkers op is a combination of the following factors:
- No tech
- Same accuracy/aoe as the t-70 iirc correctly
- 50 range
- 200 manpower
- stug twp (guaranteed pen for 160 damage. Disables gun for 15 secs)
- stug hp (that's not commendable by itself, but try puttimg everything together)

When you have the option of calling this unit in like this, helter-skelter AND them following up with a tiger, you can see what the rage is all about. Now also factor 222 in.
12 Aug 2016, 22:14 PM

- No tech
- 50 range
- 200 manpower
- stug hp (that's not commendable by itself, but try puttimg everything together)

When you have the option of calling this unit in like this, helter-skelter AND them following up with a tiger, you can see what the rage is all about. Now also factor 222 in.
it cost ame as t 70 has same pen is slower no turretet but more health but if you put it on tier 3 no one use it
stug e is one of the offender there are other
12 Aug 2016, 23:56 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Wow so much hate on the Stug E.

Both Stug and T70 shouldn't be compared just because they're good at killing infantry.
The T70 is a harassment and scout vehicle. The stug is not. It's an anti-infantry vehicle at its core and used to destroy enemy positions.

I must congratulate Relic on eliminating the stupid T34/85 call in meta that was Ost v Soviet. So many games were lost when I decided to build a P4 to press my advantage and then get stomped on by double T34/85s. (I wasn't as good at the game as I was then, admittedly, but still).

The call-in meta has come a long way from what it was. I'm not really sure of the best solution and anything I'd say would just be reiterating previous points made, and any radical solution wouldn't be implemented by Relic into the game anyway - I was surprised at how they shuffled units around in OKW's trucks.
13 Aug 2016, 04:39 AM

The only call-in I want to fix is Tiger Ace, the rest I can manage, it's not like 2015 when the meta is dual T-34/85 vs Tiger anyway.
13 Aug 2016, 06:01 AM

Land mattress is no tank, but has no expensive teching costs like Panzerwerfer, half fuel price of it and better performance.
18 Aug 2016, 05:46 AM

KV-1 anyone?
18 Aug 2016, 10:17 AM
Donator 11

i think the general problem with most call in tanks besides heavy tanks is that they are too cheap. call ins should be a temporary advantage, but a disadvantage later on.

coh solved that by making call-ins manpower only, and that hurt because you always need manpower. the problem with coh2 is that when you rely on call ins and dont tech, you float a lot of fuel, so the fuel tag on the call in does not really harm you in any way.

therefore two options exist:
-increase the manpower price of call-ins
-increase the fuel cost dramatically, so that spamming them (4 m4c shermans as soviets lololol, etc) is impossible
18 Aug 2016, 11:33 AM

i think the general problem with most call in tanks besides heavy tanks is that they are too cheap. call ins should be a temporary advantage, but a disadvantage later on.

coh solved that by making call-ins manpower only, and that hurt because you always need manpower. the problem with coh2 is that when you rely on call ins and dont tech, you float a lot of fuel, so the fuel tag on the call in does not really harm you in any way.

therefore two options exist:
-increase the manpower price of call-ins
-increase the fuel cost dramatically, so that spamming them (4 m4c shermans as soviets lololol, etc) is impossible
man power like old one but a lot heavy tank like 1200 or more
18 Aug 2016, 11:42 AM

I like Call-in, but they need a delivery time equal to stock units, so they can't pop instantly.
18 Aug 2016, 12:04 PM
Donator 11

man power like old one but a lot heavy tank like 1200 or more

i think that heavy tanks are fine, considering you can only have one. the real problem are the mediums imo
nee
18 Aug 2016, 12:32 PM

I think if there's something to be done about call-ins, some of them should just have longer dispatch cooldowns. Maybe even make it so unlocking them have them start o cooldown rather than immediately deploy.

If you want to make it a little more complicated but more effective, having no respective tier built makes them cooldown longer, whereas having it built removes this additional penalty. This incentivizes players to tech up, but not to the point where you HAVE to have teched up. What happens is you either got a situation where you invested resources into teching and can call in the vehicles much faster (and cheaper too?), or go blitz but pay the price later on.
18 Aug 2016, 13:07 PM

- No tech
- 50 range
- 200 manpower

so only one reason linked to "calls in"....maybe exile is right and problem is not callins, as they were not a problem in COH1, even when they only cost mampower and no fuel....maybe m10 is so good not becasue you can spam them (if you get 5 m10 with callins, you will be able to get 4 of them with tech, and so, they will remain spamable), but due to his timing and price...

Again, why m8 is not a problem then if it is a call in aswell?????

m10 is OP becasue 8 CP and 80 fuel, put them at 120 fuel and 10-11 cp and suddenly, m10 remain as a call in but it not a problem for balance anymore.....

Why it should be better to increase cost and cp than locking them behind tech?? because of diversity...having them as a callin, you can go for T1+T2, some lights and then getting a counter to mediums in time, but if you lock them behind tech, then, you don´t need I tell you that this t1+t2, light vehicles and then, mediums, is not possible, thus, restricting options....

callins are not a problem, m10 and stug-e and panic puma with their actual timing and price are the problem....

stalling for tigers was a problem in the past, and it was meta, but after increasing their CP and thus, delaying them was enough to make people start teching, as waiting so long for a tiger was very inconsistent and really far from optimal.

well, just a noob here, so don´t take me so serious....

Excuse my bad english....trying to improve....
18 Aug 2016, 14:56 PM

Dunno if possible but maybe having a incremental price every time you use a call-in.

1st M10 cost 300mp/90fu
2nd M10 cost 310mp/100fu
3rd M10 cost 320/110ful
etc...

Or we apply the same logic to the timer.
1st>2 minute>2nd>5 minutes>3rd>7 minutes>4th etc...
18 Aug 2016, 16:52 PM

no really guys think about it if they were only mp cost they would be balanced cause they will cost ton of mp (stug e 500 600) so they can't go without sacrificing something ( too much call in and no tech = 0 mp and full bleed)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★