Login

russian armor

Grenadier survivability buff - Target priority

7 Jul 2016, 13:28 PM

It is but will take a little effort

Why, have you already tried it or something?
7 Jul 2016, 13:29 PM

All four man squads suffer from being easily wiped by explosives.

Grenadiers are most prone to it for two reasons: They are most effective at range, and the weapon that makes them anywhere close to cost efficient requires them to be stationary.

Pios, CEs, etc, are all rushing around with flamethrowers. Pgrens and Sturmpios are lugging around schrecks or assaulting positions, and Obers are playing Quake with their LMGs.

Grens need to stand still for their LMGer to aim and start firing, which is perfect for mortars. This combined with the tendency to use cover creates the survivability issues of Grens.
7 Jul 2016, 13:32 PM

It's not that hard to mod. There's a variety of angles it can be done. I've made a global one before in an old mod in the early days of WFA, and more recently an individual squad upgrade that turned them into 5man Assault grens with mp40s.
7 Jul 2016, 13:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It would pretty much depend on whether the model is already animated to be weaponless, which I'm not sure (Anyone ever see a Grenadier in the campaign not carry any weapons?). Adding in an additional model alone that can't attack shouldn't be difficult.
7 Jul 2016, 14:16 PM

Better add an officer with shitty pistol and fancy ability.
7 Jul 2016, 15:00 PM

Cuz I don't like, when we have 2 same type units in different factions with different (but equially painful) problems, but people asking to fix only 1 of them... I stand for fair-fixing. Survivability bonus for Grens = Firepower bonus for Cons. That can be only so. 5th men for grens? K, add stock DP-28 or PTRS rifles for Cons, better PTRS, since Penals are hard-AI units.

Again - nothing against increasing survivability for Grens, but only if we also will fix "balancing" weakness of their soviet analog - Cons.

P.S. Am I only one, who think, that it is strange, that when TommyRiflemans have 4 men they cost 280 MP, but when they getting 5th, their full squad still costs... 280 (same for RE with their 210). Maybe it should at least slightly increase, because... I don't know. Getting non-doc 5th men in already ubersquad (top of the line Recived accuracy stat, top of the line firepower) is already powerful thing. Let it be compensated somehow by that.

Well the recent patch has set a dangerous precedent, by breaking the "asymetrical" design (giving OKW MG, USF mortar, USK heavy tank) they have opened up the arguement that a factions weakness can be fixed by just giving them someting that another faction has.
7 Jul 2016, 15:11 PM

if they really wanted to increase survivability, shouldn't they just increase the hp of grens to 82 like snipers to not get 1 shot by mortars?
7 Jul 2016, 15:19 PM

What fucking game have you guys been playing? Grens are the most infuriating infantry to fight against, they just a-move with super LMGs shredding everything that isn't in heavy cover, and then when you fight back they lose half of their HP without dropping a single model and then retreat for free heals meaning that whermatch gets really low MP bleed.

And why you guys whine so much about wipes? you can call another squad and put it at vet 3 in 3 minutes. Grens are so frigging strong that they vet super fast.
7 Jul 2016, 15:26 PM

What fucking game have you guys been playing? Grens are the most infuriating infantry to fight against, they just a-move with super LMGs shredding everything that isn't in heavy cover, and then when you fight back they lose half of their HP without dropping a single model and then retreat for free heals meaning that whermatch gets really low MP bleed.

And why you guys whine so much about wipes? you can call another squad and put it at vet 3 in 3 minutes. Grens are so frigging strong that they vet super fast.
where did the ostheer touch you ?
7 Jul 2016, 16:11 PM

It's not that hard to mod. There's a variety of angles it can be done. I've made a global one before in an old mod in the early days of WFA, and more recently an individual squad upgrade that turned them into 5man Assault grens with mp40s.

That's a nice idea. I've been looking to "transform" them into a the Assault Grenadier squad with a changed name and icons but I'm not really sure if that's possible. Andy yeah I would just use the British one as a reference or just go ahead and copy it from there or something.

7 Jul 2016, 16:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2016, 13:55 PMVuther

It would pretty much depend on whether the model is already animated to be weaponless, which I'm not sure (Anyone ever see a Grenadier in the campaign not carry any weapons?). Adding in an additional model alone that can't attack shouldn't be difficult.

I was talking about the 5th member squad upgrade, having just one unarmed guy in the squad isn't really feasible for me.
7 Jul 2016, 16:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I was talking about the 5th member squad upgrade, having just one unarmed guy in the squad isn't really feasible for me.

Oh, well, should be the same thing as to why the UKF upgrade doesn't make their snipers and weapon teams have another man, so making an upgrade for Wehr affecting only one squad shouldn't be an issue to implement.
7 Jul 2016, 16:37 PM

Like others have said, their survivability issue is that they have to remain static when fighting to be effective. It's more of an issue with just how good indirect fire + explosive AOE is in this game. The ratio between the size of the AOE of explosives is to how spaced out the models are in a squad is why wipes happen so much. Just change how models are positioned behind green cover and they'll be able to fight where they are best
7 Jul 2016, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2016, 16:18 PMVuther

Oh, well, should be the same thing as to why the UKF upgrade doesn't make their snipers and weapon teams have another man, so making an upgrade for Wehr affecting only one squad shouldn't be an issue to implement.

Yeah that's why I was wondering why medhood said it will take a little bit of effort, or maybe he wasn't talking about the same thing, Idk.
7 Jul 2016, 20:41 PM

No, this will lead to a similar problem Relic had when they released Opposing Fronts. When that CoH1 expansion pack hit, it included a new targeting system where every model chose his target individually instead of focusing down a single model as a squad. The result of that, and what this would also lead to, was squads having full members with very low health. I used to have a screenshot of a full 4 man squad of Panzergrenadiers with one pixel of health.

This suggestion would lead to Grenadiers that are hard to kill while they're in combat, until they reach low health and the entire squad wipes in 2 seconds. Bad for gameplay.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★