Login

russian armor

Updates on BALANCE PREVIEW MOD

PAGES (21)down
22 Apr 2016, 10:15 AM

They are sooo quite useful, that almost everyone says, that M3 car is pretty trashy, yea.

I just like it really.

M3 car price - 190 MP, 15 fuel.

222 car price - 210 MP, 15 fuel.

M3 - carrier infantry, 2 lame LMGs on hull, deals damage to infantry and small cars.

222 - penetrates my T-70/AEC/Stuart/M15/M5/M3.., can into effective AA, dealing damage to infantry...

From that point, I think 222 should cost at least 25 fuel per car.

Ok
22 Apr 2016, 10:16 AM

What's the point of offering feedback and discussion when they're predominately listening to a couple of specific community members?

My opinion doesn't matter to Relic. Miragefla and players like Dusty who contribute to his mod does, which is why the thing is copied almost wholesale.

Most people seem to like it, so maybe it's the right move. I won't be playing the game anymore though.. I'm tired of Relic compromising on faction design and asymmetrical gameplay. USF didn't need a mortar, and giving them one has consequences. (grenade upgrade even less important, free smoke ability whereas usually USF has to pay munitions, gives USF a hard counter to all their early game weaknesses in general) OKW is in shambles ever since last October.

You know what'd be great? If instead of raising the fuel cost on everything OKW does if they just brought back old OKW and made small adjustments? The reason OKW was so unpopular before is because people didn't get how they worked. Mechanized had resource conversion because in order to pay for light vehicles you needed it. BHQ was all about supporting mass elite infantry and using jagdpanzer, volks and raketen as AT. Flak command was about giving you game finishing heavy tanks to complement mechanized, or obersoldaten/luchs for a mid game shock unit to complement BHQ.

But that didn't fit into the 4 infantry + light tank rush + medium tank spam metagame, so they loss the sturmtiger for PzIV and then we got the big OKW rework in October and now this shit. Now we get 4 volks + luchs + panzer IV metagame and all is well!

A smarter change would have been to have the captain start with only one bazooka and he'd have to buy the other one.

dude stop complaining and let your promise "I won't be playing the game anymore though." become true pls.

Or just wait till you can test this mod.
22 Apr 2016, 10:26 AM

Raketenwerfer still suck big ass and all its "features" greatly compinsated with its disavantages.

So pretty much OKW will have the weakes AT capabilities in the game, because pretty much PIV is overpriced garbage compare to cromwell. Pather is good, but all Allied factions now have something to fight heavy armor.

Dont know, removing schrecks without proper buffs to raketen (not just +5 range) its bad way to go, because we will most likely face old "OKW gameplay", when in game after game they simply got rushed my massive amount of armor without any proper counter play.
22 Apr 2016, 10:36 AM

Good changes.

Volksgrenadier

• Panzershrek Package removed.
• Added StG 44 Package. Grants the squad two StG 44s that improve short-mid range combat for 60 munitions.
• Panzerfaust ability added which is unlocked after a truck is built. (Panzerfaust works just like the Grenadier Panzerfaust)

Penal Battalion

• SVT accuracy to .7/.65/.45
• SVT damage from 8 to 10.
• Cooldowns and aim-times adjusted.
• Squad cost increased to 300 manpower from 270 manpower.
• Reinforce time from 4.5 to 5.4. Build time from 27 to 32 seconds.
• Flamethrower Upgrade now adds 3 PPsh-41s to better mesh with the flamethrower.
• Flamethrower cost from 60 to 90 and renamed Assault Package.
• Reduced the drop-rate of the Flamethrower to 10% from 33% due to the PPsH-41s that are added to the squad which are considered slot items.
• "Tripwire Flare" changed to "To The Last Man!" This ability is a passive that increases the power of the squad as they lose members. Modifiers are +4% accuracy, -2% weapon cooldown and -3% received accuracy per member lost.
22 Apr 2016, 10:51 AM

Is this shit really happening?
Damn Miragefla really started the revolution.
22 Apr 2016, 11:13 AM

Can you look into AoE healing for Ost/Soviets/OKW now USF and Brits have significantly faster healing times since the medics dont have to walk to each model.
22 Apr 2016, 11:45 AM

DONT FORGET THE GREYHOUND

MY BABY
22 Apr 2016, 11:50 AM

Is this shit really happening?
Damn Miragefla really started the revolution.

Revolution to screw up balance even more.
22 Apr 2016, 12:22 PM

Dont forget greyhound and sexton
22 Apr 2016, 12:29 PM

Raketenwerfer still suck big ass and all its "features" greatly compinsated with its disavantages.

So pretty much OKW will have the weakes AT capabilities in the game, because pretty much PIV is overpriced garbage compare to cromwell. Pather is good, but all Allied factions now have something to fight heavy armor.

Dont know, removing schrecks without proper buffs to raketen (not just +5 range) its bad way to go, because we will most likely face old "OKW gameplay", when in game after game they simply got rushed my massive amount of armor without any proper counter play.

Puma knocks at your door.
22 Apr 2016, 12:32 PM

I find it funny how it seems like a lot of the forum vets and top players are hating on this update, while the commoners and peasants love it.

Interesting.
22 Apr 2016, 12:41 PM

*GASP!*

You mean like you'll have to actually put down mines and maybe actually consider what opponent does and go for Puma, just like ost goes for 222, USF for stuart, UKF for AEC and sov for SU-76/T-70 to deal with early vehicle from opponent instead of spamming most op handheld AT weapon on most basic infantry that doesn't even require any side costs!?

SUCH INJUSTICE!
22 Apr 2016, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2016, 07:00 AMCabreza

We'll just have to get hands on and see how it works out in game I suppose.

Amen to the LT btw. Imagine if instead of "meh" free units officers were specialized elite squads USF players wanted to purchase.

LT is "Meh" free unit ? one Thompson, 1 Bar, and an insane sprint out of combat at Vet 3.
What more do you want for free ?
22 Apr 2016, 13:05 PM

Rip mines, rip okw. #dedgaem

yep this is sad that shreck blob era is over :hansRAGE: (Durchfall is real) but seriously mortar for usf and volks without shrecks ? damn son 2 things that i always wanted since first game launch, miragefla u are my hero :hansGASM:
22 Apr 2016, 13:19 PM

all i see is just praise from allied fanboys or even complains that allied need more buffs lol...relic one suggestion dont let external thought influence you much or maybe they just have a allied bias...
anyways the meta has just shifted to bars rifle and bren tommy even more an shocks and penals meta for soviets...win ratio for okw 20 %
22 Apr 2016, 13:20 PM

I find it funny how it seems like a lot of the forum vets and top players are hating on this update, while the commoners and peasants love it.

Interesting.

It's basically "Dude makes a whine post and suggest changes to the game" comprehensive list. I can't count the amount of times I've seen people suggest panzerschrecks for volks being changed and them being given a pfaust or the MG34 becoming a regular unit. (Even back when kubelwagon was a suppression unit) It's always been opposed because it would homogenize the game.

I think people are also rightfully concerned that OKW lacking handheld AT is going to push them into Puma tech. Raketen is fine defensively, but how are you supposed to chase down a stuart with just a raketen or two? People say "Well Ostheer does it" but they're forgetting Ostheer has the super buff 222 which can take on most light vehicles easily and chase down vehicles like the stuart or AEC that are damaged.

I don't like overly aggressive changes. I think any and all balance issues could have been resolved with minor tweaks circa September.

presumably the captain can buy the bazooka without needing to buy the weapon rack upgrade. 80 munitions for two bazooka is also more cost effective than the usual 50 mu/zooks.

This allow the USF to partially bypass the weapon rack cost but not the munition cost.

That's pretty dumb then, they should be encouraging using the weapon racks or AT gun, not just delaying Captain schrecks slightly. That was always the problem with the way people played USF and relying on the captain exclusively for AT. They're just going to spend the 80 munitions the second he spawns and this changes nothing. Might be fun to give him BARS now instead of bazookas though.

all is well?

funny, because 90% of the community says OKW is a shrek blob faction since the dawn.

tell me who's right

There was a reason they had such strong AT: because if you went BHQ --> Flak you didn't have resource conversion and so had to survive against medium tanks without tanks of your own.

People were playing OKW wrong, ignoring huge swathes of the units and never using resource conversion even if they built mechanized for a KT.

They got changed to fit the playstyle people wanted rather than the one they actually had and now they have zero identity as a unique faction.

22 Apr 2016, 13:32 PM

Dont forget greyhound and sexton

Miragefla didn't forget either of those units. In fact, he pretty much went ahead and rebalanced every single out-of-meta unit to make it interesting.

However, for the purpose of such a massive patch, it might be better to have players focus a bit more on the core-tree / in-meta doctrines (which will impact balance the most).

Naturally, most players that will bother with the balance mod will flock towards the new shiny toys (I know I did, in Miragefla's mod). Having too many shiny things will detract attention from nascent balance issues (which is what the mod should be testing!), to just fooling around with the new things. For instance, we know that Miragefla's mod is fun to play. But we don't know if it is balanced; and we don't know how many strategies for each faction are viable (perhaps the current meta ones will become unviable).

Thus, I think it was a very smart decision by Relic to only include part of the Miragefla patch into the balance-mod. As long as the subset is coherent (e.g., "Trade Schrecks away, but don't forget to add Smoke and Raketen buffs"), testing the mod will not be a disaster :)

Once the big patch hits (or what's left of it), Relic can start integrating doctrinal non-meta units into the meta, little by little in subsequent patches. But now, it's just better to draw everyone's focus to the core army abilities.
22 Apr 2016, 13:33 PM

brits need more changes,

mortars and bofors changes are a must
22 Apr 2016, 13:36 PM
Donator 11

*snip*

I whole heatedly agree, see how the patch does in a live format without vacuum testing and go from there.
Taking directly from the mod may be good for ideas but doesn't always transfer to a live environment very well and allows for some cheeky strats if they aren't flushed out fully

As a side thought they should rly look into addressing base call in cheese as well (e.g stukadive, IL2, ect.) and the Jagtiger (for team formats above 1v1)
22 Apr 2016, 13:40 PM

Interesting.

There is a reason.

And there is also a reason why the pleb love it :snfCHVGame:

Maybe because its an extremly one-sided "patch" that would fck balance even more while only trying to solve a few key issues. :luvDerp:

But hey...Penal buff, USF mortar. OMG BEST PATCH EVER I <444>3 :hansGG::hansREKT:
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS