Login

russian armor

how to make the t34 76 useful

4 Feb 2016, 12:31 PM

the unit is pretty crap. Almost no one use it.

decrease reload time by ~1 second

increase cost to 310 mp 110 fuel

change ram to hp based snare, similar to faust:

deal 100 damage to both the rammer and the target.

Will always stun both vehicles and always destroy the main gun on the rammer.

will damage the engine on the rammer if its hp is at 75% or below.

will damage the engine on the target if its hp is at 50% or below.

4 Feb 2016, 16:15 PM

I don't know if the ram is really what makes the T-34 useful. In it's current state where you need the T3 before you can build the T4 I find the T-34 absolutely not worth it, especially when you consider how badly it currently performs.

IMO, you should still have the option to go either T3 or T4, not having to build T3 to go T4. This already would make the T34-76 more appealing. However, T4 comes so late that the schrecked volks blobs will already counter it sufficiently enough so again, not worth it.

They could make the T3 contain the T-70, halftrack, T-34 and SU-76 and move T-34/85 as a non-doctrinal tank to T4 along with the katyusha and SU-85. This would make the soviets' non-doctrinal late game a lot better.
4 Feb 2016, 21:39 PM

Sounds even less useful because it's not that different except now it's more expensive.

I would say rebalance it to be sorta like a Puma / AEC mix, but talkier and limited to normal tank range. Then put it in T3 and put the T-34-85 in T4, and replace that in doctrines with something else (that's another subject).
4 Feb 2016, 21:47 PM

I don't really like the idea of making 85s non-doc - giving Soviets one of the best medium tanks in the game doesn't seem all that great for balance.

Personally I'd rather see T34s get an upgun upgrade where you pay 75 or whatever munitions to get a penetration buff but not the HP buff that the doctrinal 85s get. Still gives you a fairly spamable tank but one that actually scales worth a damn. That and depending on your commander I find that I tend to float munitions when I play Soviet and wouldn't mind somewhere else to spend them other than mines or the shitty IL2 Strafe.

I do agree with OPs Ram suggestion though right now its never worth using except in "Garden it, I'm losing the tank anyway" circumstances.
4 Feb 2016, 22:08 PM

We already have made solution.

Double call in for 76
Non doc T4 for 85
4 Feb 2016, 22:22 PM

Double call in for 76
Non doc T4 for 85

hmmm nope <444>_<444>
4 Feb 2016, 22:31 PM
Developer Relic Badge

the unit is pretty crap. Almost no one use it.

decrease reload time by ~1 second

increase cost to 310 mp 110 fuel

change ram to hp based snare, similar to faust:

deal 100 damage to both the rammer and the target.

Will always stun both vehicles and always destroy the main gun on the rammer.

will damage the engine on the rammer if its hp is at 75% or below.

will damage the engine on the target if its hp is at 50% or below.

Only thing the T-34/76 needs is stronger MGs for AI duty and ram to be reworked so that it stuns both tanks on hit with a much shorter stun if it deflects off of heavier armour if that's the target tank. Aside from that it's fine. Only thing that needs fixing is the SU-85 to be more ideal against heavy armour with more penetration and accuracy at the cost of ROF.

Once you do these changes the T-34 can screen for the things actually meant to kill armour and ward off infantry. Furthermore, it serves well in a pack. Have one T-34 ram, stun the opposing tank while the others move in to give time for the other T-34 to recover.

Volk schrecks are another issue entirely if anyone brings that up.
Hux
4 Feb 2016, 22:35 PM
Patrion 14

its a tough one this.

The thing is, if you give soviets access to a non-doc 85 then nobody will ever build the 76.

Maybe give it more utility. Give it the ability to build a mine roller maybe that disables the ram (oh no!) but increases its ability to plough through infantry. Perhaps also add the ability for infantry to ride on it. This would make he unit more useful as an infantry support unit I guess, and in the late game its strength would come from making your army a much more mobile capping force while still retaining some inf/armour combined arms strength.
4 Feb 2016, 23:54 PM

I like it, I usually spam a fleet of them and bum rush the enemy. Good spot I think.
5 Feb 2016, 00:52 AM

put it back in t3
make it 100 fuel again
upgrade in t3 to make it cheaper OR upgunned as an 85 (and more expensive obviously)
replace 85s in doctrine with an is-1 or t-34/57

if the soviet get a redesign id love something like the brit choices, not attack or defence, but instead quantity or quality

like... kill off penals completely and make a choice to make cons have svts or make cons cheaper

T0- con focus (see above)

T1- no clue.. maybe sniper? make em 1 man 2 man is a choice or maybe longer range as the other? (weapon range not LoS)

t2- all team weapons reduce team size to 4, upgrade for 6 men OR more powerful variants (DSHK, 120mm and ZIS2 57mm AT gun with high pen but lower damage)- call in weapons would be affected by model upgrade so going 120 or dshk would be possible without the upgrade by picking the doctrines but still allowing 6 man crews as now

t3- t34 as stated above

t4- upgun or out number- katy into a bigger rocket,su85 into su-100, kv1 (to replace the t34) into a kv85 OR increase pop cap (and manpower income to match)

BASICLY more choices, more ways to play that fit your playstyle, more dynamic and still being able to capture the flavour o the soviet union

if also i would love if the vet 1 was changed to tank desant (riding) at either a recc acc debuff or force dismount to the infantry in combat but increase LoS when mounted and allow territory cap
5 Feb 2016, 01:18 AM

I don't really like the idea of making 85s non-doc - giving Soviets one of the best medium tanks in the game doesn't seem all that great for balance.

A year ago I thought the same thing. But it's been a long time, the Sherman got buffed, the Cromwell exists, and the OKW Panzer IV is Ostheer's Vet 2 Panzer IV sans the turret speed. Meanwhile, the T-34 was actually nerfed, before eventually being price buffed. But it still leaves a bit of a gap that Soviets often rely on Doctrines to fill.

Double call in for 76
Non doc T4 for 85

I don't know why people tout this "solution" so much. It failed miserably when it was applied to the OKW Panzer IV, and that had options to improve it further. Why do you think it'll work for the T-34?
5 Feb 2016, 01:52 AM

I don't know why people tout this "solution" so much. It failed miserably when it was applied to the OKW Panzer IV, and that had options to improve it further. Why do you think it'll work for the T-34?

the problem with the okw p4 thing wasnt that they lacked a reliable general medium, it was that they lacked ANY general purpose medium, that and a 230(iirc) fuel double call in locked behind a single muni intense doctrine on a resource starved faction.....well... need i say more?

the doube call in 76 would mean they could be spammed (as relic intends clearly) WITHOUT full tech, but the soviet would have a reliable medium no matter what
IMO the weaker callins is how the soviet SHOULD have been made in the first place, but with tier lock outs
you want to support your snipers with an MG? maxim call in
want a turreted tank with your TDs? call in a 76!
dont want to play a doctrine with armour? you aren't screwed because you have a tank that can fight non doc!

having garbage (or in the pre p4 okws case nothing) and needing a specific doctrine to fill the hole leaves you pidgeon holed
having a good non doc roster and an option for cheap downgraded units leaves options (osttruppen anyone?)

basicly if its doctrinal garbage you have the choice to gnore it, but if its non doc garbage you NEED to replace it, more ore less anyways...
5 Feb 2016, 08:33 AM

What they could do is change the T-34/76 with a T-34/57, having higher rate of fire*, a little better penetration*, less damage*, a bit better against infantry

*Penetration would be picked up just slighty to make it be constant against other vehicles instead of having it bounce all the time, even against a PzIV it bounces all the time, the damage would be dropped to 100 or 120 to allow it to still be effective against all of the light and medium vehicles, also the rate of fire would be made a little higher to allow it to dish out constant damage and keep the dps on a high level

This would mean that it's stronger against light vehicles because of the higher rate of fire but having less damage would make it not be as effective against heavier tanks, this would allow it to be used as a support tank a lot better since it can keep all the light vehicles etc away from your inf
5 Feb 2016, 08:56 AM

This is my opinion:

Make T34/76 specialize in countering infantry. The shot explosive should be more similar to Sherman HE round.
Improve SU85 anti-tank capability.
And T34/85 is the hybrid of both.
aaa
5 Feb 2016, 09:10 AM

Double call in for 76
Non doc T4 for 85

relic dont give a f. about any solution including yours
5 Feb 2016, 15:54 PM

I dont really like the idea of making 85s non-doc - giving Soviets one of the best medium tanks in the game doesn't seem all that great for balance.

Ost/Okw have panthers.
Ukf have comets/Churchills

Coming 4/5 is hardly best in the game and ez8s are doc but way better.....
5 Feb 2016, 16:03 PM

I always think of the Soviets as the GLA faction (C&C reference)but, T-34 is not the tank that you can build cheaply (high man power).
5 Feb 2016, 16:42 PM

30 fuel for 1 second reload difference? Srsly?
5 Feb 2016, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2016, 22:35 PMHux
its a tough one this.

The thing is, if you give soviets access to a non-doc 85 then nobody will ever build the 76.

Negative my good sir, just bring the T-34/76 back to it's original T-3 and adjust the cost and capabilities has needed. make it the shock weapon it used to be while bringing the T-70 to more sensible recon activities expected of a light vehicle of that caliber, not a Anti-infantry glass cannon. it will still be vulnerable, Both axis factions have by then plenty AT options to deal with it.

Then give the doctrinal choices that now are lacking T-34/85's, other soviet vehicles, like KV-85, Su-122, SU-100, T-44, IS-1, T-34/57 ....so many options.

USSR lacks a late game standard brawler. UKF is a good example how all factions need a decent late game brawler. USF could do well to have a non-doctrinal Sherman Jumbo capable of staying in the fight for longer Vs the Axis Kitty-cats.

It is one of the reasons i like UKF so much, its the only allied nation with competitive non-doctrinal late tier armour.
5 Feb 2016, 17:54 PM

We talk about all this many time
Fix this

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2015, 05:23 AMTAKTCOM
Normal ram will work like:
- against wheel vehicle and half-track, T-34-85 take minimum damage, no crits, target destroyed;
- against light tanks and TD, T-34-85 take minimum damage, light engine damage, target tank heavily damaged and stuned;
- against medium tanks and TD, T-34-85 take average damage, stuned + random crits, same for target tank;
- against heavy tanks and TD (including Panther), T-34-85 take heavily damage, stuned + random crits, target tank low damaged, stuned and light engine damage.
And yes, remove engine overheating.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 18:37 PMTAKTCOM

T-34-76 need ram fix. T-34-76 need normal usefull 1 vet skil. T-34-76 is unnecessary as the T4 unit. And maybe some buffs. Need to change so much that easy to leave T-34-76 in his grave...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 75
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment