Login

russian armor

Luchs

PAGES (7)down
11 Dec 2015, 16:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

it is pretty much power creep. The t70 just never got a hp increase because the 45mm is death against infantry.

Everyone thinks its fine, so I'd just chalk it up to being more glass with even more cannon.
11 Dec 2015, 16:41 PM

Damn, you must be top players if you don't need nades agasint OST with HMG42.

Zarok is indeed a top player - top 50 with almost every faction. You only need an ambu that early if your rifles are in a bad spot due engagements that went unfortunate for you. Against Ostheer LT tech into captain is in my opinion better, hence the discussion is another. Smoke nades are necessary depending on a map usually flanking with rifles is enough.

11 Dec 2015, 16:45 PM

Damn, you must be top players if you don't need nades agasint OST with HMG42.

MG42 is ostheer who dont have a luchs btw
11 Dec 2015, 16:58 PM

MG42 is ostheer who dont have a luchs btw

And Stuart is USF. Brits don't have Stuart, snares or useful handheld AT.
11 Dec 2015, 16:59 PM

I think luchs is fine, volksgrenadiers isn't.
11 Dec 2015, 17:58 PM

its been saying by many top players like Siberian for example that Luch too much durable
11 Dec 2015, 18:13 PM

The Luchs is probably fine, as someone said you don't get healing if you rush Luchs. The Luchs is also countered by the T-70 and Stuart, which it cannot beat due to low penetration.
11 Dec 2015, 18:16 PM

The Luchs is probably fine, as someone said you don't get healing if you rush Luchs. The Luchs is also countered by the T-70 and Stuart, which it cannot beat due to low penetration.

You actually do.

Spios don't take long to get to vet1 and they have abundance of muni now, you can easily survive on med kits with healing the most damaged squads.
11 Dec 2015, 18:20 PM

luchs can beat the t70 if the t70 has been damaged already (even a little). It is a very close matchup
11 Dec 2015, 18:30 PM
Patrion 14

theres several trade offs for going mechanized, the most important being you lose healing until you get vet 1 sturms or vet 3 volks. losing healing is actually a pretty big deal since its harder for you to stop manpower bleed.

you also kinda devote a lot of resources in vehicles, which are countered by zooks, mines, at guns, guards, etc, so if your investment fails, youre in a really bad spot. also delays obers and mediums.

Imo the luch is fine, no problem with it's timing whatsoever. But don't sturms have the healing drop ability? It's actually pretty good now with the 100% resource income. I can actually soft retreat and heal up if I put it close by. I don't really agree about the healing part, but the luch is fine imo.

On the luch vs Brits, can't we give Brits both BOFOR and AEC options, not one or the other. Kinda a strange choice for them now. Though the hammer and anvil should remain.
11 Dec 2015, 18:33 PM

I'm ok with the Luchs coming out earlier, the biggest problem as far I'm concerned with OKW is the design of Volkgrenadiers which acts as both anti inf and anti-tank and promotes spam. And that they now have standard resource income. Srsly, it seems like Relic doesn't know what to do with the faction and what role they should serve.

Switch shreks to the sturmpios, give the Volks an MP40 upgrade or something, and bring back resource penalty again, OR remove vet 5 from all the units. They should not have both.
11 Dec 2015, 20:08 PM

Put flamnade and shreck behind side upgrade 100mp/15fu and Luchs will be fine. Or you delay it because you want flamnades and shrecks or you rush it but your early is weaker.

The Luchs itself isn't a problem, the problem is its come as the cherry on the top of the cake of an early game dominated by free flamnade denying cover play and free shreck denying light vehicle play.
With 30 side fuel upgrades, the player will have to make some tactical choices.

And if you don't want side upgrades, link shreck to T1 and flamnade to T2 with a minor cost increase.
11 Dec 2015, 20:17 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 18:16 PMKatitof

You actually do.

Spios don't take long to get to vet1 and they have abundance of muni now, you can easily survive on med kits with healing the most damaged squads.

As if anybody uses those shitty medkits to begin with.
11 Dec 2015, 20:19 PM

As if anybody uses those shitty medkits to begin with.

Update your game, we have 100% resources now for OKW.

I'm using them when I'm going repair truck.

Using doesn't equal to spamming like a moron, which seasoned OKW players often have hard time telling that apart.
11 Dec 2015, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 20:08 PMEsxile
Put flamnade and shreck behind side upgrade 100mp/15fu and Luchs will be fine. Or you delay it because you want flamnades and shrecks or you rush it but your early is weaker.

The Luchs itself isn't a problem, the problem is its come as the cherry on the top of the cake of an early game dominated by free flamnade denying cover play and free shreck denying light vehicle play.
With 30 side fuel upgrades, the player will have to make some tactical choices.

And if you don't want side upgrades, link shreck to T1 and flamnade to T2 with a minor cost

increase.

yes i agree. having schreck-armed volks that screen for your luchs is very powerful. It deters a lot of vehicle-based counters. The closest comparison is bazooka captain plus the stuart.
11 Dec 2015, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 20:08 PMEsxile

first off, neither nades nor schrecks are free (i know you're talking about unlock costs, but still).
and if you say that schrecks deny light vehicle play, then zooks/piats deny luchs play as well.
11 Dec 2015, 21:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2015, 20:41 PMcr4wler

first off, neither nades nor schrecks are free (i know you're talking about unlock costs, but still).
and if you say that schrecks deny light vehicle play, then zooks/piats deny luchs play as well.

Maybe if your opponent is comatose. Not in an actual game.
11 Dec 2015, 21:18 PM
Patrion 27

Then why does the stuart need 400 hp? Its not like its threatened by any light vehicles aside from puma.

Pak40 *drops the mic*
11 Dec 2015, 21:21 PM

Permanently Banned

Pak40 *drops the mic*

Meanwhile 57mm comes at same time, but has a higher rof so its much more effective vs light vehicles. So not only does the US have an easier time countering light vehicles. But their light vehicles counter axis light vehicles, and they get a free bazooka squad as well. Im sorry what? Axis OP, sorry forgot lol.
11 Dec 2015, 21:26 PM
Patrion 27

Meanwhile 57mm comes at same time, but has a higher rof so its much more effective vs light vehicles. So not only does the US have an easier time countering light vehicles. But their light vehicles counter axis light vehicles, and they get a free bazooka squad as well. Im sorry what? Axis OP, sorry forgot lol.

I didn't say Axis is OP. You're writing your own Axis victim narrative here and it's pretty obvious.

Free bazooka squad ~ = a truck with free infinite vehicle repairs.

I can't remember EVER saying or hearing someone in a match along the lines of "lookout he has a 57mm!"
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS