Login

russian armor

Rework volley fire

10 Dec 2015, 08:48 AM

While the cost of the ability is enough of a 'debuff', the ability was fine considering the cost of the squad (160). Now that it is 200 the ability should be changed accordingly.
10 Dec 2015, 08:57 AM

Remove rec acc penalty.

There is no need for it anymore now that RETs cost more and volley costs almost twice as much as it used to.
10 Dec 2015, 19:29 PM

Thats a good thing.

They will then lose to riflemen(badly) because they are moving.

or if they focus RE, then riflemen are taking 0 dmg.

Supressing fire is amazing.

It isnt a good thing. I just wasted 35 muni to distract a squad for 5 sec?
you dont have to move in because of the 50% rec accuracy even at long range echelon will die like flies.
a squad of volks is 9/10 supported by sturms or even more volks

Supressing fire is horrible, and i can tell that you have never used/faced this ability
10 Dec 2015, 19:48 PM

I like Dullahan's idea to make it a Vet 1 ability that has actual punch. For 35 Munitions it should do something. With this cost (and the new cost of REs in general) it's not like you can spam it unless you want to totally forgo other upgrades and/or mines. Heck, even if the RE isn't getting focused down the suppression effect takes for-ev-er (several volleys) to even proc. Even if you remove the suicide 50% received accuracy penalty I feel like the cost in no way reflects what you get for it.
10 Dec 2015, 19:52 PM
Donator 33

For their new cost and now facing the new stronger volks or grens, the rec act penalty can go, and trial it like that and up the suppression of it's still not adequate.
10 Dec 2015, 20:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2015, 22:32 PMVuther

They fire so fast the recoil smashes their guns into their noses, forcing said noses' bones into their brains.

And the force of their nose bones smashing through their skulls adds extra shrapnel forcing their skull parts into their teammates.
10 Dec 2015, 20:31 PM

Permanently Banned
Ever thought maybe Volley fire isn't supposed to allow RE to 1v1 anything short of obers and win? Support Rear ech with riflemen, put rear ech in cover. Pop volley fire. Profit. But hurr hurr, we need WFA release volley fire back pls.
10 Dec 2015, 20:35 PM

Ever thought maybe Volley fire isn't supposed to allow RE to 1v1 anything short of obers and win? Support Rear ech with riflemen, put rear ech in cover. Pop volley fire. Profit. But hurr hurr, we need WFA release volley fire back pls.

Im not asking for rear echelon to 1v1 a squad, i just want this ability to not suck, you cant deny that for 35 muni its garbage. Try using it and you will see.
10 Dec 2015, 20:48 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 20:35 PMTheMux2

Im not asking for rear echelon to 1v1 a squad, i just want this ability to not suck, you cant deny that for 35 muni its garbage. Try using it and you will see.

Not saying its a great ability no, but when in cover, if it drops volks, sturmpioneers, and grens into the suppressed state. Then you already win the engagement. Only idiots complain when rear ech get wasted standing in the open using it. Drop cost to like 25. But increase suppression or durability and it becomes a stupid pop every time in combat ability. Forcing you to engage rear ech who use volley fire with 2 squads. I don't see pioneers getting something like this.
10 Dec 2015, 20:49 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 20:35 PMTheMux2

Not saying its a great ability no, but when in cover, if it drops volks, sturmpioneers, and grens into the suppressed state. Then you already win the engagement. Only idiots complain when rear ech get wasted standing in the open using it. Drop cost to like 25. But if you increase suppression or durability and it becomes a stupid pop every time in combat ability. Forcing you to engage rear ech who use volley fire with 2 squads. I don't see pioneers getting something like this, and they cost the same with worse vet and useless at anywhere but point blank.

We are overestimating what a 200 mp squad should be doing when we already don't understadn how volley fire should work in the first place.
10 Dec 2015, 20:58 PM

Not saying its a great ability no, but when in cover, if it drops volks, sturmpioneers, and grens into the suppressed state. Then you already win the engagement. Only idiots complain when rear ech get wasted standing in the open using it. Drop cost to like 25. But increase suppression or durability and it becomes a stupid pop every time in combat ability. Forcing you to engage rear ech who use volley fire with 2 squads. I don't see pioneers getting something like this.

Why do you keep saying that i dont know how to play/use abilities? Even in cover its just utter garbage. Oh and they keyword in your argument is "if" it supress wich almost never happens.

Regarding pioneers not getting a ability like volley fire, why dont usf get minefields? Why doesnt usf get tier 0 mg? Asymetrical balance.
22 Dec 2015, 23:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 19:29 PMTheMux2

It isnt a good thing. I just wasted 35 muni to distract a squad for 5 sec?
you dont have to move in because of the 50% rec accuracy even at long range echelon will die like flies.
a squad of volks is 9/10 supported by sturms or even more volks

Supressing fire is horrible, and i can tell that you have never used/faced this ability

Supported

This is the key word.

Stop expecting a rear echelon to suppress and kill multiple squads

In a 1v1 squad situation, volley fire is great.
Its also great for pinning down those sturmpios, when the rear echelon is supported, NOTE I REITERATED THE CONCEPT OF SUPPORTED to you.
As a rear echelon should always be.

23 Dec 2015, 03:56 AM

maybe my memory is tricking me but at release they just pinned you instantly which made early game unplayable

You mean like how the MG42 instantly suppresses Allied Units in 1-2 seconds with no ability for a player to pull back before they are suppressed? Then before a nade or smoke can be popped they get pinned?

Of course this is somewhat different but the principle is somewhat the same. The Rear Echelon ability would of been balanced if Relic would of balanced it to only work on the unit selected and make it so the Rear Echelons be static unless the ability was cancelled.
23 Dec 2015, 04:07 AM
Developer Relic Badge

You mean like how the MG42 instantly suppresses Allied Units in 1-2 seconds with no ability for a player to pull back before they are suppressed? Then before a nade or smoke can be popped they get pinned?

Of course this is somewhat different but the principle is somewhat the same. The Rear Echelon ability would of been balanced if Relic would of balanced it to only work on the unit selected and make it so the Rear Echelons be static unless the ability was cancelled.

If we're talking about pin MG-42 upon release with the bulletin, sure, but RE on release were absurd as you could immediately swap targets. Oh, yeah, it also made Bazookas go rapid-fire in the first few days :P

On my opinions on Volley-Fire, just removed the Received Accuracy penalty so it's not instant death when using it.
23 Dec 2015, 04:09 AM

I think you mean pinned in this case. You can still pop a smoke nade while suppressed. I haven't seen an mg42 pin in 1-2 seconds unless the squad comes around corner and gets caught really close to the mg.

Also doesnt RE volley only work on the selected unit already?
23 Dec 2015, 04:50 AM

I think you mean pinned in this case. You can still pop a smoke nade while suppressed. I haven't seen an mg42 pin in 1-2 seconds unless the squad comes around corner and gets caught really close to the mg.

Also doesnt RE volley only work on the selected unit already?

"Then before a nade or smoke can be popped they get pinned?"

I did mean pinned I even said it in my post.....

RE volley now only works on one unit. However it hasn't been buffed to make it useful - A strum pioneer squad can still easily rush the Rear Echelons while firing and picking off models super fast. The Volley Fire ability was meant to provide them with a ability to even up the odds for a muni cost.

MG-42's can still suppress in 2 seconds at max range 1 second at close - even faster if a bulletin has been selected. Pinning will usually follow in the next burst unless you're lucky enough to get a smoke off - which is RnGesus dependent. I can't tell you the amount of times an assaut of mine has failed because a damned smoke grenade unit take to long to fire while supressed. Suffice it to say - If the rear Echelons were made static for volley fire to work -i.e. movement breaks the ability, I don't see why it can't be stronger at a high muni cost ofc.
23 Dec 2015, 05:30 AM

Needs to be buffed. It never really works. Like maybe 1.5 or 2 seconds faster to suppress.
23 Dec 2015, 12:17 PM

Replace volley fire with a rifle grenade ability to allow them to lol at mg 42s just like how grens lol against the .50, vickers and maxim mgs even when the squad is suppressed. I can see it now.... It would be beautiful. Draw fire with rifles and lol re rifle grenade into mg position possibly doing a squad wipe and them stealing the mg42...
23 Dec 2015, 14:12 PM
Donator 11

Kill your own squad button
23 Dec 2015, 15:03 PM

give them flamers and remove the ability case closed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★