Login

russian armor

Rework volley fire

10 Nov 2015, 04:40 AM

Delete them... Delete Rear echelon from the game.

Replace RE with Fresh-from-boot-camp-riflemen, and then replace normal riflemen with Rangers.

Replace the rangers in heavy cav with VETERAN Marines.

10 Nov 2015, 04:48 AM

Replace RE with Fresh-from-boot-camp-riflemen, and then replace normal riflemen with Rangers.

Or..... We can replace them with a mortar.
10 Nov 2015, 05:34 AM

Volley Fire is super important for the US early game. It let's you win the first workerbattle vs wehr or you can use it on the flanks of the map (eg ammo points on semois) to beat a single volks or gren. It also allows you to win 2 gren/volks vs 1 rifle + 1 RE matchups if you're in a decent position.
10 Nov 2015, 05:47 AM

Marines did not take part in combat in the Western Front except in a few very specific circumstances that are not modelled in CoH (e.g. minor combat in Southern France when they went ashore from a battleship, and didn't push inland at all; firing from ships during amphib invasions / assisting in mine clearance duty).
10 Nov 2015, 07:07 AM

Marines did not take part in combat in the Western Front except in a few very specific circumstances that are not modelled in CoH (e.g. minor combat in Southern France when they went ashore from a battleship, and didn't push inland at all; firing from ships during amphib invasions / assisting in mine clearance duty).

Exactly what an Axis fanboy would say.

The Germans continue to hog the best infantry, AT, and armor ingame. Until the USF gets Marines, Caliopes, tactical precision strikes, Jeeps, M18 recoilless rifles, advanced M1A2 Infrared Carbines, glider infantry, HEAT shells, and other *required* tools to even the odds, I'll continue to whine. I'll whine until the day the Axis armies are completely beaten to a pulp by the forces of democracy. And then, we can proceed to delete the Krauts from the game. Literally. With the Atomic Bomb Company.
10 Nov 2015, 07:17 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Exactly what an Axis fanboy would say.

The Germans continue to hog the best infantry, AT, and armor ingame. Until the USF gets Marines, Caliopes, tactical precision strikes, Jeeps, M18 recoilless rifles, advanced M1A2 Infrared Carbines, glider infantry, HEAT shells, and other *required* tools to even the odds, I'll continue to whine. I'll whine until the day the Axis armies are completely beaten to a pulp by the forces of democracy. And then, we can proceed to delete the Krauts from the game. Literally. With the Atomic Bomb Company.

Speaking of that whatever happened to Ol Big Red One. Must've overdosed on freedom and liberty.
10 Nov 2015, 08:21 AM

I can't even remember the last time I had a volley fire go off without resulting in a dead RE squad
10 Nov 2015, 08:30 AM

Remove volley fire on RE's and put the ability on the m1919 lmg. I think that would probably be the most balanced way without making it OP.

Because at the moment the m1919 lmg's are a bit lame ever since they removed the defensive stance ability from the rifle squads. There's really no point in even getting the lmg anymore when the BAR performs almost on par with it and is cheaper.

The m1919 lmg needs a use other than just straight up DPS.
10 Nov 2015, 08:43 AM

It's CookiezNcreem, all his posts are troll posts, and you fell for the bait :thumb:
nee
10 Nov 2015, 13:27 PM

Some ideas I thought up that might improve Volley Fire:

-Becomes much more effective in cover, especially against targets that are not

-Squad can still move when using ability

-Veterancy increases suppression of Volley Fire

-Becomes much more effective if squad is equipped with any LMG in the game (both BAR and LMG191 offer moderate increase in suppression, while other factions pickups like MG34 and DP28 can be even higher, almost instantly. This rewards having RETs running around looking for LMGs instead of going 2x bazooka for AT roles.
10 Nov 2015, 18:01 PM

Speaking of that whatever happened to Ol Big Red One. Must've overdosed on freedom and liberty.

He finally got his Pershing so he has no reason to post anymore.
10 Nov 2015, 19:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just remove the increase receive accuracy penalties.
11 Nov 2015, 03:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2015, 08:30 AMvarunax
Remove volley fire on RE's and put the ability on the m1919 lmg. I think that would probably be the most balanced way without making it OP.

Because at the moment the m1919 lmg's are a bit lame ever since they removed the defensive stance ability from the rifle squads. There's really no point in even getting the lmg anymore when the BAR performs almost on par with it and is cheaper.

The m1919 lmg needs a use other than just straight up DPS.

ah...remember when you had suppressing fire with BARS in vCoH that countered blobs? Good times...good times...

Phy
11 Nov 2015, 22:09 PM

RE's need to be entirily reworked.
19 Nov 2015, 20:56 PM

shameless self bump. Now that RE gets a cost increase, i think volley fire should be reworked in this patch too
20 Nov 2015, 01:51 AM
Donator 11

The "kill your own squad" ability or volly fire needs to be adjust.
20 Nov 2015, 03:22 AM

Volley fire is very good if used whilst the RE squad is not alone. Simply don't attempt to "tank" enemy fire with the squad using suppression. In a protracted ranged fight, it will frequently turn the tide of combat.
20 Nov 2015, 07:09 AM

Volley fire is very good if used whilst the RE squad is not alone. Simply don't attempt to "tank" enemy fire with the squad using suppression. In a protracted ranged fight, it will frequently turn the tide of combat.

No it wont, the enemy squad either moves out of range or they focus the echelon
20 Nov 2015, 07:37 AM

The worst thing is they changed the hotkey for it in the balance preview for some reason.

I'd like to see volley fire changed to a vet 1 ability and given more immediate effect, personally.
10 Dec 2015, 08:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 07:09 AMTheMux2

No it wont, the enemy squad either moves out of range or they focus the echelon

Thats a good thing.

They will then lose to riflemen(badly) because they are moving.

or if they focus RE, then riflemen are taking 0 dmg.

Supressing fire is amazing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 5
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak