Login

russian armor

Rework volley fire

9 Nov 2015, 21:14 PM

The already squishy low hp rear echelon have the luxery to pay 15(?) muni to die even faster.

This ability was OP on release but as with a lot of things, got overnerfed into uselessness .
My idea was, to reduce or just remove the extra received accuracy when the ability is active and maybe add a slow debuff (like the para 1919 lmg ability) on the squad that has been targeted by volleyfire. Increase the cost maybe to 20-25.

What do you guys think?
9 Nov 2015, 21:16 PM
Patrion 14

The penalties on using volley fire on RE's need to be toned down or removed.

I remember trying to volley fire at an ober squad running straight at my BAR RE's, they all got oneshotted by the lmg the obers were carrying.
9 Nov 2015, 21:49 PM

+1 volley fire is pretty useless with how much extra damage you take
9 Nov 2015, 22:06 PM

Agreed, it would be great if there was the dynamic of the RE's providing suppression before riflemen moved in to engage. Right now it's a niche ability that I use if the squad has a BAR and vet 2.
9 Nov 2015, 22:07 PM

It should suppress units not in cover faster in my opinion so you cant just have sturmpioneers just charge at you through open ground but it shouldnt work as well on units in heavy cover
9 Nov 2015, 22:13 PM
Donator 33

The ability should continue down the current path given to it. When active the ability would now suicide the entire RE squad instantly but insta pins the enemy squad, terrified at the suicidal display of volley fire 2.0

Lol but seriously the I die now button is silly.
9 Nov 2015, 22:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The ability should continue down the current path given to it. When active the ability would now suicide the entire RE squad instantly but insta pins the enemy squad, terrified at the suicidal display of volley fire 2.0

Lol but seriously the I die now button is silly.

They fire so fast the recoil smashes their guns into their noses, forcing said noses' bones into their brains.
9 Nov 2015, 22:57 PM

Only good when you have double bar or m1919.

Nerfed way too hard. All you ever had to do was kite it, but people were too dumb to figure that out.
9 Nov 2015, 23:08 PM

Nerfed way too hard. All you ever had to do was kite it, but people were too dumb to figure that out.

maybe my memory is tricking me but at release they just pinned you instantly which made early game unplayable
9 Nov 2015, 23:36 PM

You are wrong. The ability activated in a nano-second and allowed no counter-play.

maybe my memory is tricking me but at release they just pinned you instantly which made early game unplayable

You are correct. The ability insta-pinned the moment REs saw the enemy infantry.
9 Nov 2015, 23:41 PM
Patrion 14

I remember WFA launch date. The OKW players would truck crush people and USF players would make 4+ RE squads, get M1919s and suppress everything on the field. Just lulz.
9 Nov 2015, 23:49 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I think volley fire is fine. If you use it in cover, especially heavy cover, or a building, you are fine if there isn't overwhelming firepower coming in. Using volley fire out of cover is stupid unless if you're trying to hit a pio squad charging at you.
If there's a sturmpio in your face, if you're not in cover, if your RE is out of position, don't use volleyfire. Retreat or reposition.
10 Nov 2015, 00:25 AM

that the minimum they need to removed the received accuracy on the ability when shooting, they die fast enough already.
10 Nov 2015, 01:10 AM

should be able to target vehicles and work in conjunction with bazookas, allowing you to punish armor that gets too close
10 Nov 2015, 01:18 AM

Instead of a increase in damage taken, REs should not be able to move.
10 Nov 2015, 01:24 AM

You are wrong. The ability activated in a nano-second and allowed no counter-play.

Hardly, it took 3-4 seconds to suppress originally.

Most people popped it the second they saw you too so all you had to do was turn around. Or use line of sight/shot blockers. Fast for Coh2 standards, but not really all that fast imo.

Regardless, there's a great deal of wiggle room between original volley fire and current volley fire. If on command suppression is too powerful then change it to something else. (Which it may very well be for such a cheap and spammable unit, perhaps making it a vet 1 ability would balance it out)
10 Nov 2015, 01:26 AM
Patrion 28

i think the current suppression time is fine but the negative received accuracy needs to go.
10 Nov 2015, 02:38 AM
Benefactor 355

Replacing Volley Fire with some other ability would probably be da step in right direction. If Relic somewhat buffs da current ability, it will be abused on large scale. Alternatively, the current state makes it completely useless. I say give REs ability to build some additional defensive structures (sandbags, trenches, mines or some gimmicky pudding like fortified tank traps).
10 Nov 2015, 03:35 AM

Maybe give them M1 Garands at vet three, but the DPS is lower than that of a rifleman squad? I'm just throwing an idea out here so a good reasonable response would be nice.
10 Nov 2015, 03:54 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Delete them... Delete Rear echelon from the game.

Replace RE with Fresh-from-boot-camp-riflemen, and then replace normal riflemen with Rangers.

Replace the rangers in heavy cav with VETERAN Marines.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★