Login

russian armor

OH recent buffs. Justification?

19 Oct 2015, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 18:08 PMaaa
During last several patches OH has benn buffed into cheat-faction.

1. starting MP buff - gave them 1 squad advantage right from the start for the whole game.

2. 222 and 251 buffs turn penals and M3 into shit, that no one uses anymore. And made teching to T3 easier in general

3. T3476 - previously key unit, have been removed from T3 (and from the game). That opened a huge window of oportunities for OH mediums and faction in general. Because one must be an idiot to lose p4 or ostwind only to ATGs on urban maps (most maps). P4 can survive 4 ATG shots - they are invinsible to any midgame unit mix. While the do huge dmg to anything.

4. Tank’s smoke and speed abilities - that allows any noob to save his tanks after careless play. What is the corresponding ability of 3485? There absolutely no ability of any use for 3485.

I can list more things that makes this faction blatantly OP. But not to waste time I say only about 4.

Anyone says to make a game suited for competititve play there must be close to equal oportunities for all sides. Ocf games showed that there is no counterplau vs OH thanks to recent direct and inderect buffs to this faction.

dont listen to ather ppl thet say OH is weak OH is not OP ,
we need to fight awer way to a better ballance :P
i have more then 700 hours gameplay No.500 with OH and usf on the LEADERBOARDS so i am the avrage player

1. OH greens granads no timer [ but u can hear they scream granade !!! hoo and witch group is it if i have 5 goups all in fight ?
german animation is harder to see when they shoot the granade german troop sit and shoot wille

usf\sovits\UKF throw it u can clearly see the moving guy with the granade [his hand ]

so gemans have the animation and the timer to react wille allice need to pray god

2.german armore is so good ppl will say ye thets how it was in ww2 but guys its a game we need ballance
wuts harder to control 1 good german armore like a panter or 3 shurmans with shurmans u need to flank thet means u can hit a mine u need to micro all of them + ur troops wille the german player just w8 for u .

3.usf rifel man late game feel under powerd why ? cos late game greens have lmgs + vet 3 rifelman will never win them far range thet means u need to come closer until then you lose 2 or 3 guys from ech rifelman group

when it comes to micro its ezer to play OH cos ur troops are stronger they stand at one place u dont need to do much so u have time to control ur 1 panter properly wille usf \ sovit player need to try hard all game to flank not hit mines contol all army + not durble tanks

avrage player like me cant win vs same avrage player on the germans side [ cos micro is ezer]

sorry for bad english :(

avrage
19 Oct 2015, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 11:58 AMbicho1

i have more then 700 hours gameplay No.500 with OH and usf on the LEADERBOARDS so i am the avrage player

1. OH greens granads no timer [ but u can hear they scream granade !!! hoo and witch group is it if i have 5 goups all in fight ?
german animation is harder to see when they shoot the granade german troop sit and shoot wille

usf\sovits\UKF throw it u can clearly see the moving guy with the granade [his hand ]

so gemans have the animation and the timer to react wille allice need to pray god

2.german armore is so good ppl will say ye thets how it was in ww2 but guys its a game we need ballance
wuts harder to control 1 good german armore like a panter or 3 shurmans with shurmans u need to flank thet means u can hit a mine u need to micro all of them + ur troops wille the german player just w8 for u .

3.usf rifel man late game feel under powerd why ? cos late game greens have lmgs + vet 3 rifelman will never win them far range thet means u need to come closer until then you lose 2 or 3 guys from ech rifelman group

when it comes to micro its ezer to play OH cos ur troops are stronger they stand at one place u dont need to do much so u have time to control ur 1 panter properly wille usf \ sovit player need to try hard all game to flank not hit mines contol all army + not durble tanks

avrage player like me cant win vs same avrage player on the germans side [ cos micro is ezer]

avrage

100% approve, hope Relic offers u a balance Job
19 Oct 2015, 14:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 11:58 AMbicho1

avrage

Legendary, SeriousLee is right, you totally deserve the balance job. I'm sure they'll overcome your english during your adaptation.
19 Oct 2015, 14:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 19:05 PMKatitof
I'd like to see aaa and ostherlitz locked down in the same room for the night with a single wooden plank in the middle of it.
19 Oct 2015, 14:32 PM
19 Oct 2015, 14:55 PM
Patrion 14

Ostheer so OP; their pios can beat cons at any range!

Wait, I'm thinking of the wrong patch...
aaa
19 Oct 2015, 16:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 19:31 PMShanka

but yes su is sheit at AI beside his arty barrage that miss all the time

funny thing just after patch release i remeber reading the whole topic and random posts that crap barrage of SU76 is OP and must cost muni.
Whatever they do to su76 is irrelevant cuz at that moment one needs a unit that can tank dmg and be imune to supression just like 3476 was. Su76 is a fail.
19 Oct 2015, 16:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 16:04 PMaaa

funny thing just after patch release i remeber reading the whole topic and random posts that crap barrage of SU76 is OP and must cost muni.
Whatever they do to su76 is irrelevant cuz at that moment one needs a unit that can tank dmg and be imune to supression just like 3476 was. Su76 is a fail.

If you have a single Tank being supressed, maybe you are not playing Coh2
19 Oct 2015, 16:50 PM

While I partly agree on team games (3vs3+), this assumption doesn't work out in 1vs1 games as all the ladders are separated, hence the ladder with the most players should've the highest winning rate, as we have most players competing there. Yet this is not the case and balance problems in 1vs1 amplify in team games, that's why 2vs2 is in even a worse state.
In 1vs1 you just wait longer to get a proper ranked opponent as allies, it doesn't mean you get more noobs to bash - rather less.

My point is thus. If you're assuming top 150 represents high level play and using faction win rates of those players as an indicator of balance, you need to control for games played. If we assume axis and allies both have an equal chance of playing someone in a lower skill bracket, then allies playing double the games means allies are playing double the games against lesser skilled opponents.

This means that allies get more "easy" wins than Germans do and thus have a higher winrate. The stat no longer represents balance at high level play.

The only way to fix this is to simply include the majority of the community and get a overall faction winrate but this won't represent high level play but will give an accurate idea of how the factions stack up in the game mode or to filter games that are outside the arbitrary high skill bracket.

19 Oct 2015, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 10:40 AMEsxile

And what? You want the 221 being natural counter to 2x more expensive vehicles? 221 counter HTs or T70 while costing peanuts?

It's not exactly a hard counter to the t70. It can kill it, but the t70 stands a much better chance of killing it before it kills the T70.
19 Oct 2015, 19:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

While I partly agree on team games (3vs3+), this assumption doesn't work out in 1vs1 games as all the ladders are separated, hence the ladder with the most players should've the highest winning rate, as we have most players competing there. Yet this is not the case and balance problems in 1vs1 amplify in team games, that's why 2vs2 is in even a worse state.
In 1vs1 you just wait longer to get a proper ranked opponent as allies, it doesn't mean you get more noobs to bash - rather less.

What it is interesting is that while both 3v3 and 4v4 were shaken by the introduction of UKF, turning the tides in favour of allies, 4v4 has gone back to be slightly Axis favoured while 3v3 remains allied favoured.
Also, we need AT rankings rather than randoms for teamgames.

The only way to fix this is to simply include the majority of the community and get a overall faction winrate but this won't represent high level play but will give an accurate idea of how the factions stack up in the game mode or to filter games that are outside the arbitrary high skill bracket.

There's a point on which you have to draw a line, were it's not a balance problem more than a lack of knowledge or ability of a player.
I'll say that using W/L as a gauge of balance is stupid, unless results are heavily skewed to one side or the other (see Axis W/L for 3v3+ and still 2 huge reason were playerbase and MM)
Extending to top500 or even top2000 won't do shit, unless you can filter matches based on similar ELO or rank difference of not more than 100.

20 Oct 2015, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 00:08 AMaaa

it was later counter, that hindered early game mines, grenades and lmg. Now it doesnt. All of that are pretty strong even OP.

can you show some games of top 100 players when SU 76 survived at least after 10 CP and was at least vet 2. If you say its playable.

I think you wont find single game cuz SU 76 gets countered right after arrival - any of ATG, AT infantry, P4 means no su76 can be effective.

I have just started playing again after week off due to moving houses but I went on an 8 game win streak early this month with soviets and in every game I was building 2x SU-76's and 1-2 KV-8's. 76's are fast which partially negates disadvantage of no turret, they are cheap and fast to get out tech wise, they can penetrate even Panthers reliably and their barrage is great when facing static positions so long as you don't expect too snipe units at maximum range (but hey it's free). Every game I got at least one if not both to Vet 3. Sherman bug fix made the files irrelevant but I will go play soon this week some 1v1 and show you what I mean. I absolutely love the SU-76.
20 Oct 2015, 19:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 09:16 AMEsxile

It has no role because meta isn't M3/M20/Dodge/UC spam/rush anymore. Its sole purpose is to counter light vehicle start and to give vision with its vet. Axis players want to buff it by lazyness, having a unit that counter early inf + early vehicles for a really small price because they don't micro their squads.
Ironically, the free upgrade killed even more the meta it belong to since nobody is going to spend fuel on a M3/M20/Dodge to be automatically counter by a brainless 221 coming 3 minutes later.

You want an early AI vehicle, build a 251 + flammer upgrade, or whine better/stronger/harder to have the upgrade for free like you did with the 221.

Better players still rush M20 a lot. Every OCF game as USF, DEVM went 3R into Lt. Then 4:20-40 M20. He did that every game and it worked very well. Most of this was against Ostheer opponents also.
20 Oct 2015, 19:50 PM
Donator 11

Yea the SU meta vs OH is pretty stale but OH is far from "cheat mode OP" as you claim it.

Really surprised to see the replies stating that OH is weak though, it most certainly isn't. It is in a way better spot balance-wise than OKW and the win-rates will be just fine when the KV8/pack howie/croc/centaur/etc nerfs hit next patch. Go watch the OCF and SSC4 later rounds and finals if you believe otherwise.
20 Oct 2015, 21:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 19:50 PMKeaper!
Yea the SU meta vs OH is pretty stale but OH is far from "cheat mode OP" as you claim it.

Really surprised to see the replies stating that OH is weak though, it most certainly isn't. It is in a way better spot balance-wise than OKW and the win-rates will be just fine when the KV8/pack howie/croc/centaur/etc nerfs hit next patch. Go watch the OCF and SSC4 later rounds and finals if you believe otherwise.

The oh is weak because of the m5 quad and stuart/m20. the soviets and usf gain so much initiative and a rather huge advantage at the seven minute mark that you have to play a lot better. brits have some problems with churchiil but besides that its a whole lot better balanced.
20 Oct 2015, 22:51 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 21:03 PMZyllen

The oh is weak because of the m5 quad and stuart/m20. the soviets and usf gain so much initiative and a rather huge advantage at the seven minute mark that you have to play a lot better. brits have some problems with churchiil but besides that its a whole lot better balanced.

I very much disagree with this notion. Again, please take the time to see some casts/replays of ocf and ssc4 and you will see some textbook play on how to handle m20s and t70s. In Relic's mind different factions should be strong a different points in the game, and so long as that is true early vehicles need to have a window to inflict damage before hard counter arrive. I'd also suggest trying to go against OH as USF without m20/stuart/aaht or as SU without quad/m3/t70 and see how that works out for ya.
aaa
20 Oct 2015, 23:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 22:51 PMKeaper!

different factions should be strong a different points in the game

in my view OH has advantage basicaly whole game. Except when t70 arrives and just before that cuz they prepare counter to it which is a bit costly.
Plus on most maps they have option to take initiative with 222+251 and cancel t70 this way forcing Quad. Which dies in 2 sec to any medium.

I would like if
1. mediums were less surviveable ie can be chased with ATG if engine is damaged.
or
2. mediums were unable to chase lights and kill them that fast.
aaa
20 Oct 2015, 23:30 PM

Right now if I get a player who know how to abuse OH strenghts I would never win.
+10 1v1 streak i have now mainly cuz most of them were surprisingly bad or not abusing OP features.
20 Oct 2015, 23:59 PM

Balance threads made by people who only play one faction are the best.
21 Oct 2015, 00:38 AM

the fun thing about this guy is the fact that he played 1000+ games as soviet. In contrast to 20 axis games.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★