Login

russian armor

OH recent buffs. Justification?

aaa
18 Oct 2015, 18:08 PM

During last several patches OH has benn buffed into cheat-faction.

1. starting MP buff - gave them 1 squad advantage right from the start for the whole game.

2. 222 and 251 buffs turn penals and M3 into shit, that no one uses anymore. And made teching to T3 easier in general

3. T3476 - previously key unit, have been removed from T3 (and from the game). That opened a huge window of oportunities for OH mediums and faction in general. Because one must be an idiot to lose p4 or ostwind only to ATGs on urban maps (most maps). P4 can survive 4 ATG shots - they are invinsible to any midgame unit mix. While the do huge dmg to anything.

4. Tank’s smoke and speed abilities - that allows any noob to save his tanks after careless play. What is the corresponding ability of 3485? There absolutely no ability of any use for 3485.

I can list more things that makes this faction blatantly OP. But not to waste time I say only about 4.

Anyone says to make a game suited for competititve play there must be close to equal oportunities for all sides. Ocf games showed that there is no counterplau vs OH thanks to recent direct and inderect buffs to this faction.
18 Oct 2015, 18:11 PM

Coh2chart.com says different.
18 Oct 2015, 18:24 PM

Coh2chart.com says different.

Some of his points are correct though.
18 Oct 2015, 18:24 PM

Hahahaha.Weakest faction right now.Has no lategame infantry.
No light vehicle.Useless overpriced medium tank.
18 Oct 2015, 18:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1- It's fine
2- It's fine. Penals have remained useable but not good for quite some time. M3 is fine. (I don't use T1 on 1v1 as much as i do on teamgames, specially if OKW)
3- T70 was the key unit. Now you use Su76 as a follow up which means that you don't need to rely on a Zis early on if you have map control.
Problems with T34-76 are another subject
4- It's fine. Rework on ram mechanic is needed and a better vet1 ability wouldn't be bad.

Anyway: just flame at each other. I just did my job.
18 Oct 2015, 18:44 PM

1- OH now have other starting options, it's a great thing
2- 222 was barely unused, now it's a more viable option to counter brits and fast light vehicule
3- SU-76 comes even faster than the old t34; su got better gun in all stats, i don't see your argument here
4- there also smoke on some allied tanks, and brits can escape death pretty easily with emergency war speed

OH is not an OP faction, play it and you will understand why
18 Oct 2015, 18:45 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 18:08 PMaaa
During last several patches OH has benn buffed into cheat-faction.

1. starting MP buff - gave them 1 squad advantage right from the start for the whole game.

2. 222 and 251 buffs turn penals and M3 into shit, that no one uses anymore. And made teching to T3 easier in general

3. T3476 - previously key unit, have been removed from T3 (and from the game). That opened a huge window of oportunities for OH mediums and faction in general. Because one must be an idiot to lose p4 or ostwind only to ATGs on urban maps (most maps). P4 can survive 4 ATG shots - they are invinsible to any midgame unit mix. While the do huge dmg to anything.

4. Tank’s smoke and speed abilities - that allows any noob to save his tanks after careless play. What is the corresponding ability of 3485? There absolutely no ability of any use for 3485.

I can list more things that makes this faction blatantly OP. But not to waste time I say only about 4.

Anyone says to make a game suited for competititve play there must be close to equal oportunities for all sides. Ocf games showed that there is no counterplau vs OH thanks to recent direct and inderect buffs to this faction.

1.They get the same amount of squad as most people on the field.

Ostheer starts with 420mp, Soviets start with 390, USF with 400, Brits with 290 and OKW with 240.

Why does Ostheer get slightly more? Because the T1 buildings is generally expected to be built unless you're going pioneers/ostruppens and MGs only. Soviets generally start with 2-3 Conscripts before transitioning into their buildings which no longer break the bank in fuel and their first squads will reach the field sooner.

2. Not sure where you got the 251 buff from unless you mean flamethrowers, but the 222 has always been a counter to T1, always. You either protect those units from the 222 by using AT grenades, back-teching to ATGs, mines, or rushing out T3 which hardcounters Ostheer light vehicle play

3. Because you have a delusion that the SU-76 sucks I will say it again, Soviet T3 SU-76s do well against enemy armour and can pen them consistently and are cheap to produce. Also T-34 (which can take 4 ATG hits) can arrive around the same time if rushed, though the light vehicles generally do the job in a specific area far better.

4.Not every doctrine has smoke such as the popular Lightning War Doctrine. Bltizkrieg has always been a problem, but hey, even UKF has it and they don't need vet for it on some of the fastest tanks (Comets and Cromwell) in the game. Also smoke and bltiz have steadily gone up in price over the years so it's not as bad as launch.

Furthermore, you forgot to add Ostheer is the easiest faction to squad-wipe against factions that have plentiful AOE weapons.
aaa
18 Oct 2015, 18:57 PM

1- It's fine
3- T70 was the key unit. Now you use Su76 as a follow up which means that you don't need to rely on a Zis early on if you have map control.

rushing to t70 is the only option to play - so its very predictable. If you get SU76 how do you attack then? No matter from the front or from the flank. Which unit you move first then? Cons- get supressed and forced to retraet, lights that get destroyed in 2 sec.

aaa
18 Oct 2015, 19:04 PM

1.They get the same amount of squad as most people on the field.

im sorry i mean after 1st tech building by both sides. They clearly have 1 squad more. If one starts with no tech (which is advantage for OH - cuz more combined arms the better) then then will get 1 squad advantage not from the start but after oponent's first tier .
18 Oct 2015, 19:05 PM

I'd like to see aaa and ostherlitz locked down in the same room for the night with a single wooden plank in the middle of it.
18 Oct 2015, 19:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 18:44 PMShanka
1- OH now have other starting options, it's a great thing
2- 222 was barely unused, now it's a more viable option to counter brits and fast light vehicule
3- SU-76 comes even faster than the old t34; su got better gun in all stats, i don't see your argument here
4- there also smoke on some allied tanks, and brits can escape death pretty easily with emergency war speed

OH is not an OP faction, play it and you will understand why

SU76 sucks balls T70 sucks so bad I agree with aaa it just wont live
18 Oct 2015, 19:31 PM

SU76 sucks balls T70 sucks so bad I agree with aaa it just wont live

His point was that OH armor got an big window of opportunities without being unpunished, and that's wrong because the su76 come even faster than an t34, but yes su is sheit at AI beside his arty barrage that miss all the time

18 Oct 2015, 19:40 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 19:05 PMKatitof
I'd like to see aaa and ostherlitz locked down in the same room for the night with a single wooden plank in the middle of it.

I would pay to watch that.
18 Oct 2015, 20:11 PM

Some of his points are correct though.

But still invalid because the soviets and USF got some major buffs themselves.
18 Oct 2015, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 20:11 PMZyllen

But still invalid because the soviets and USF got some major buffs themselves.

Pardon me, but nearly complete refusal of Soviet tier 1 and T-34/76 isn't really valid. I am aware that these are implications of his points and not exactly those.
18 Oct 2015, 20:44 PM

Pardon me, but nearly complete refusal of Soviet tier 1 and T-34/76 isn't really valid. I am aware that these are implications of his points and not exactly those.

WTF tier 1 was always countered by the 221/222 . so that argument is stupid. and t-34? who gives a fuck. a fine tank for its cost but allied fanboys want to spam it. second part the su76 makes ostheer mediums even less relevant.

All his arguments are simply shit all the while the okw and ost are doing very poorly because of the recent buffs to the allies.
18 Oct 2015, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 20:44 PMZyllen

WTF tier 1 was always countered by the 221/222 . so that argument is stupid. and t-34? who gives a fuck. a fine tank for its cost but allied fanboys want to spam it. second part the su76 makes ostheer mediums even less relevant.

All his arguments are simply shit all the while the okw and ost are doing very poorly because of the recent buffs to the allies.

Pardon me once more, I didn't say Tier 1 wasn't countered by these vehicles, but I wanted to point out that it is quite useless at this point, if it weren't for snipers and 0-4 minute clown cars it wouldn't be seen at all. T-34 would be fine indeed if its consistency would be increased. Axis infantry has its own problems, but this is another story.
aaa
19 Oct 2015, 00:08 AM

but the 222 has always been a counter to T1

it was later counter, that hindered early game mines, grenades and lmg. Now it doesnt. All of that are pretty strong even OP.

you have a delusion that the SU-76 sucks I will say it again, Soviet T3 SU-76s do well

can you show some games of top 100 players when SU 76 survived at least after 10 CP and was at least vet 2. If you say its playable.

I think you wont find single game cuz SU 76 gets countered right after arrival - any of ATG, AT infantry, P4 means no su76 can be effective.
19 Oct 2015, 00:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2015, 00:08 AMaaa

it was later counter, that hindered early game mines, grenades and lmg. Now it doesnt. All of that are pretty strong even OP.

What a bunch of shit you are spewing again. 45 ammo doesnt have that much impact. Also its perfectly viable these days to have tier 1 and 2. so m3 with an at gun? perfectly viable.

Also this is one the very first time i ever heard the 222 is op. fucking well done fanboy you couldn't look even more ridiculous if you tried.
19 Oct 2015, 05:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 19:05 PMKatitof

Snide remarks don't change anything.
Wehrmacht= No lategame infantry,no light armor,useless overpriced medium tank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★