Login

russian armor

Give Volks MP44 through Veterancy

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
30 Sep 2015, 00:31 AM

Recon IS weak and bad but Mech is actually quite popular (if still underwhelming compared to the extremely powerful Infantry and Rifle companies) in 1v1 and 2v2 now that the WC51 has a role that exists and the whole "always go for Stuart" thing meshes well with withdraw and refit plus that Dank artillery.

I actually kinda forgot Recon existed, Iv not used it in months and you never see it.

Right so your saying Mech is useful and popular (not true) and that luftwaffe is shit and not viable, is this a joke? Come on Alexzanzandervar you can do better..
30 Sep 2015, 00:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 00:31 AMpugzii

Right so your saying Mech is useful and popular (not true) and that luftwaffe is shit and not viable, is this a joke? Come on Alexzanzandervar you can do better..

It's not like the dude who won OCF used it or anything. Meanwhile 70%+ of all OKW games were using Scavenge, lol. Mech has always been semi-decent in 1v1 and now with the core USF buffs it's main deficiencies are gone. The ass engines you get can lay Schu mines and demo's, you still have Mech Arty which has always been good.

Luftwaffe isn't totally nonviable, it's just piss compared to Scavenge and Breakthrough because Fallsch are reaaaally expensive for what they do and the MG34 is literal garbage. Also Valiant Assault being bugged to were it only increases your speed by 1 and does nothing else, and the ability to make Flak Emplacements (yay?) which nobody gives a damn about (rightfully).

Regardless this is a derail, this thread is about Volks not just USF commanders.
30 Sep 2015, 00:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 00:27 AMpugzii

OMG seriously?! So if I go USF and buy no vehicles I'll have MP float?! Oh wait

Yes you do. stop fucking arguing about it. most vehicles will cost you 1.5 squads worth in mp to get them . It doesnt take a math genius to see why.
30 Sep 2015, 00:48 AM

Zyllen your wrong bro. USF has mp bleed because rifles aren't really long range troops and their expensive to maintain.

OKW doesn't have MP bleed because their worthwhile callin/Ober troops are all great long range fighters, and Volks are dirt cheap.
30 Sep 2015, 00:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 00:19 AMZyllen
Where do people get these absurd thoughts from? okw has mp float because they dont have the fuel to buy vehicles.

This and because Volks are cheap spam units with no role other than to occupy space and make enemy units slightly nervous, similar to Osttruppen but more durable and works on tanks.
30 Sep 2015, 01:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

This and because Volks are cheap spam units with no role other than to occupy space and make enemy units slightly nervous, similar to Osttruppen but more durable and works on tanks.

I thought it also had to do at least a little with how OKW's full tech costs 600 MP, when it'll take 60 more than that MP for Soviets to get all HQ upgrades and their first tier (for 'Muricans, 100 more than that with both upgrades and T1+T2, UKF 20 less than that for all HQ upgrades and first tier, 140 more for Wehr T1+2+3 and the battle phases necessary for those).
30 Sep 2015, 01:03 AM

Iv still have yet to see a substantive argument against buffing Volks that actually uses numbers instead of vague feelings.

Not everyone is against you, Alex, nor is even buffing/nerfing volks even the topic of this thread. It's about giving OKW a CQC mainline infantry.
30 Sep 2015, 01:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 01:01 AMVuther
I thought it also had to do at least a little with how OKW's full tech costs 600 MP, when it'll take 60 more than that MP for Soviets to get all HQ upgrades and their first tier (for 'Muricans, 100 more than that with both upgrades and T1+T2, UKF 20 less than that for all HQ upgrades and first tier, 20 less for all battle phases and T1+T2 for Wehr).

That doesn't help I suppose, but it's meant to be somewhat replaceable, since it tends to sit in danger. Especially now that the Brits have at least 2 abilities that can one shot trucks, one of which is so broken it's the Ostheer Railway Artillery with half the delay, twice the shells, no flares, and no line-of-site requirement. But that's its own problem.

There's also the retreat point upgrade, which isn't cheap although I don't remember the exact price, it is essential if you set your medical truck in a forward position.
30 Sep 2015, 01:11 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

There's also the retreat point upgrade, which isn't cheap although I don't remember the exact price, it is essential if you set your medical truck in a forward position.

Oh, good point actually since Retreat Point is pretty hefty, pretty sure it was 300. USF's is probably arguably more cost-effective too since it gets a tier with its retreat point, though inversely the healing alone is more cost-effective on OKW since they get that with a tier (yet of course, old USF bleed was pretty obviously worse...dis stuff is too complex for me).
30 Sep 2015, 01:14 AM

Zyllen your wrong bro. USF has mp bleed because rifles aren't really long range troops and their expensive to maintain.

OKW doesn't have MP bleed because their worthwhile callin/Ober troops are all great long range fighters, and Volks are dirt cheap.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried to. at the longest range grens outdps by 0.4 dps.at 27 range rifles out dps grens.

Volks being dirt cheap is retarded logic similar to idiots that claim that scripts are dirt cheap.

And of course usf has no lmg's or para's of their own.
30 Sep 2015, 01:15 AM
Benefactor 392

Obersoldaten, Jäger, Fallschirmjäger, Panzerfüsiliers? Anyone?

you forgot sturmpioneers
30 Sep 2015, 01:18 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's not like the dude who won OCF used it or anything. Meanwhile 70%+ of all OKW games were using Scavenge, lol. Mech has always been semi-decent in 1v1 and now with the core USF buffs it's main deficiencies are gone. The ass engines you get can lay Schu mines and demo's, you still have Mech Arty which has always been good.

Luftwaffe isn't totally nonviable, it's just piss compared to Scavenge and Breakthrough because Fallsch are reaaaally expensive for what they do and the MG34 is literal garbage. Also Valiant Assault being bugged to were it only increases your speed by 1 and does nothing else, and the ability to make Flak Emplacements (yay?) which nobody gives a damn about (rightfully).

Regardless this is a derail, this thread is about Volks not just USF commanders.

Only thing i'll say: Luftwaffe is light years ahead of both mechanized and recon.
Fortifications (due to meta evolution) is on the same tier as mechanized and recon. Both in 1v1 and teamgames.

30 Sep 2015, 01:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 01:11 AMVuther

Oh, good point actually since Retreat Point is pretty hefty, pretty sure it was 300. USF's is probably arguably more cost-effective too since it gets a tier with its retreat point, though inversely the healing alone is more cost-effective on OKW since they get that with a tier (yet of course, old USF bleed was pretty obviously worse...dis stuff is too complex for me).

The new Omni-Healing ambulance that's cheaper and faster to build and can be activated anywere has given USF pretty much the final word in healing tech for this game. It would be nice if OKW medics could at least not collide with objects so they didn't constantly get stuck or just move real slow -_-

Really I think any discussion is going to end the way it did for USF before this patch; you don't give factions selective amounts of attention. USF last patch was bleh because Ostheer got a large amount of attention, now the foot is on the other shoe in a really huge way.
30 Sep 2015, 01:41 AM

you forgot sturmpioneers

You really dont play okw much do you?
30 Sep 2015, 01:42 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The new Omni-Healing ambulance that's cheaper and faster to build and can be activated anywere has given USF pretty much the final word in healing tech for this game. It would be nice if OKW medics could at least not collide with objects so they didn't constantly get stuck or just move real slow -_-

The unique fuel cost for the faction to get any healing arguably justifies the performance, though.

But yeah, the change to set-down healing made it baller as hell. Easily worth the 10 fuel.

Pretty much all the medics suffer from that greatly (USF medics being controllable are the worst, I've long since abandoned taking them out to leave at base with how often they just won't FUCKING HEAL while standing around doing nothing), the bug where you can see the healing icon above their target flicker as they attempt to heal but just can't from getting stuck has been happening since vanilla beta though fortunately is easily fixed by moving just a little bit. They'd all be much better standing around auto-healing anyone in a range, but they're all obviously balanced around being only able to heal a model per medic at a time. I'm assuming Relic's disinterested in doing that to keep USF Amberlamps and UKF medic upgrade special (and I suppose have an additional pop cost to them, though UKF's is with a unit you start with).
30 Sep 2015, 02:07 AM

Give OKW commander with stg upgrade for volks.

Btw people have no idea why OKW is blob-based faction. They blob not because their infantry is good, they blob because their infantry suck and cant win 1v1 with any other infantry without huge amounts of vet.

Basically, quantity>quality is most rewarding approach with okw, where your would never suffer from Scott one-shotting your vet 3 heroic fj or obers.
30 Sep 2015, 03:18 AM
Benefactor 392

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 01:41 AMZyllen

You really dont play okw much do you?

no... i've only played them only about 700 games.
30 Sep 2015, 03:29 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

LEIG needs smoke shells at vet 1(currently not too hard to achieve becuz it's op MVGame)so sturmpios can just walk up to targets and rape/not take tons of model losses, and therefore, OKW would have that "close range" assault infantry they apparently need. Would help STG obersoldats too When OP late game allied inf come.
(G43 fusiliers too)

Sturmpios Could also do with a vet 1 received accuracy buff.

But pls don't give volks shit for AI. Unless you don't want shrek anymore. You can't have a shrek and some good SMG/assault rifle in one squad, no not even with vet.

And if it's a shitty SMG, as in worse than sturmpios, then... Why would you want that :snfPeter: just make sturm better

30 Sep 2015, 04:32 AM

Even if volks got some kind of weapon upgrade through vet i think it would be counterproductive to make a long range squad get a close range weapon after vet. If you have a volk blob b/c engagements are long range your whole army changes its function after vet which would be awkward to handle
30 Sep 2015, 05:41 AM

Even if volks got some kind of weapon upgrade through vet i think it would be counterproductive to make a long range squad get a close range weapon after vet. If you have a volk blob b/c engagements are long range your whole army changes its function after vet which would be awkward to handle

the long range on the volks kar is weak enough that giving them panzergrenadier's mp44 will be a straight upgrade.

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS