Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/08/2015

PAGES (18)down
8 Sep 2015, 21:20 PM

I disagree, British T3 was largely unnecessary, people would just rush Spec and get a Comet or Churchill. Spec should be a quasi-T4, encouraging people to use actually use T3 units.

Hence my agreement with Brad on increasing the fuel cost as an alternative. The MP cost is nothing but detrimental for UKF, especially the high reinforcement costs for its units.
8 Sep 2015, 21:39 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

The SOV is a fairly balanced faction in early game, I'll take it as a reference, in 3v3 / 4v4 people made maxims that are durable normally can remain in the area while troops inf are in retry or reinforcing. I believe a buff HMG Vickers, to improve the game early.
8 Sep 2015, 21:51 PM

A +5 range increase is not the end of the world. I fail to see why OKW should be punished in 1s and 2s because 3s and 4s are broken. The JT is still tied to 15 CP so it's not like you are going to be seeing them much earlier
8 Sep 2015, 21:59 PM

Did folks not see the part about the +5 range still needing a spot?
8 Sep 2015, 22:17 PM

I think the hammer/anvil cost increase is ok with respect to the fact that 25 fuel is a very low barrier to access those higher tier tanks.

However, i believe a manpower reduction for the cost of tech might be necessary to compensate.

At the moment the brits struggle to put units on the field throughout the game, and this is only compounded by their lack of a harassment vehicle to help maintain map presence. Ik they have the wasp now but that is being toned down. furthermore its a long wait to jump from scout car to tank for vehicle based AI play
8 Sep 2015, 22:22 PM

You should play the Balance Preview Update mod
instead of commenting on the 'what if' TEST changes.

So that relic gets data thus you can prove your point that x or y is good/bad change.

Also they probably welcome bug reports.
8 Sep 2015, 22:26 PM

How come these changes arent live in the balance tuning pack? Am I doing something wrong downloading it? my forward glider still gives resource bonuses, bofors still wrecks everything, etc.
8 Sep 2015, 22:27 PM

The only good thing about molotovs was that they had a chance to wipe a few models when it hits. There was barely a reason to upgrade to them before, you can bet I won't ever get them now.

Hey Relic, how about giving conscripts grenades? You do know they had grenades right? They didn't throw rocks and molotovs at everything.

Also, every conscript squad had 2 dp lmgs. Just something to think about.

I would not be against any amount of molotov nerfs as long as they would throw them immediately instead of doing they idiotic backwards dance they do when they throw it currently. They throw it so slow and so obviously even Ray Charles could micro out of the way.
8 Sep 2015, 22:38 PM

- Comet nerf will be too hard with hammer price increase..
Either revert back HP to 800 or reduce fuel cost to 170... Maybe a small popcap increase to 12-14 can be implemented...

- Wasp damage nerf seems too much, a middle value like 6 should be better to test in...

- As a small buff to brit early game, to promote usage of generally skipped grenade upgrade could be a bit cheaper like 100mp 10f...

-Even to buff early british gameplay a minor cost decrease could be implemented to Squad number upgrade...

-17pounder pop cap seems to much especially compared to pak43...
A decrease could be implemented...

-Time for british heavy artillery bombardment is too long an it fires too much shells..
Especially devastating for OKW...
Time can be reduced a bit along with shell number...

-Churchill Avre and Croc still sould use one step HP reduction to 1280 in line of Other Heavies...
A small armor increase could compensate it...
Even Vanilla Churcill could be reduced to 1400HP along with armor modification...

- Molotovs were already underperforming after flame critical nerf, it seems completely meaningless to nerf their initial explosion damage... It should be reverted...

-ML20 nerf to 200 damage with slow firing and messed AOE values, seemed to be quite underperforming compared to LEFH...
Either a damage increase to 240 or modification of AOE values...
A usable special ability like counter barrage value(ex:air burst shells) can be an alternative too...

-B4 Arty direct fire ability should be available with Vet0... Its so unviable to use in that stage...

-Tiger I Vet2 +10 range bonus should be reduced to +5 to a total 50...

-With stun nerf, Stug G can use a +5 range buff too...

-Volkgren classic grenade should be given back, Flame grenades are really more suitable for Sturms...
8 Sep 2015, 22:55 PM
Benefactor 115

Relic, still waiting for camo fix on JP IV.
It can dissapear in the middle of nowhere, during battle, surrounded even by 3 tanks.
The biggest problem is that tanks aiming at JP IV are force to switch to next target and when JP fires, they are switching again, just to see how it dissapears and to switch again to something else.

No more camo during combat please.

+1

I can get behind ambush camo or something, but this cloaking device is just bollocks.
8 Sep 2015, 22:58 PM

Rest in peace StG partysans. Camo is lovely though.

The Hammer/Anvil tech change is nice pacing and balance wise, but the comet should keep its HP, seeing as the general cost for it has gone up now.

If command tank aura is getting nerfed, then the downsides need to be less harsh, as designating something as a command vehicle renders the target vehicle useless essentially.

Jagdtiger changes and general axis heavy changes will make them more viable choices in long drawn out games vs the UKF which is good (although USF and Soviets get the short straw here since they have to deal with this too.)

If Molotovs are having their intial damage reduced then they need to adjust the animation, as competent players will rarely get hit by the initial damage because it's so damn slow and easy to avoid.
8 Sep 2015, 23:07 PM

i just tested the USF inf commander in a comp stomp for the September preview patch and the ability to build for rifleman to build sandbags still doesn't work i found the sherman to be more useful then it was before so i guess that is a good thing
8 Sep 2015, 23:16 PM

After some more playing around, Infantry flamethrowers are a lot more lethal than the last preview, as a pioneer squad in open ground beat my vet 1 penals who were clumped up in cover.

Partisan camo does not appear to be working in the preview but the little HUD icon is there though.
Also if Partisans are getting camo then they need a hold fire button too (both AT and AI partisans), so that they can put their close range weapons to good effect when in ambush.

For UKF, perhaps the Mills bomb should be auto-unlocked when teching up or when the tommies squad gets vet 1, as it still does not seem like a worthwhile purchase.

Also as the amount of starting fuel for soviets has been changed, perhaps the molotovs and AT grenades could be reduced to 20 or 15 fuel?
8 Sep 2015, 23:31 PM

Ease of use changes:
Wehrmacht
Mobile Defense Doctrine: Osttruppen Reserves: instead of 2 calls in 1 squad for half cost/cooldown

Bug fix:
OKW Luftwaffe Ground Forces Doctrine: Airborne Assault missing AT plane strafe attack Bug fix

When?
8 Sep 2015, 23:36 PM

why are they nerfing molotoves? they are fine they way they are, should grenades get nerfed because they do alot of damage and squad wipes?
8 Sep 2015, 23:38 PM

The Hammer tech cost change is fine, but it should have come with a proportional decrease in T3 cost. 100 fuel instead of 115 in exchange for the 25 increase on Hammer tactics. This would mean the overall tech delay wasn't major for the whole tree, but the length of time where the regular tanks tier was viable was increased and the length of time the Brits are stuck with AT guns and armored car / bofors is reduced.

I'm not happy with the triple Comet nerf. The teching cost is one, then the health reduction, then scatter increase. I'm happy with the tech cost since it did come too soon and was too attractive in comparison to regular tanks, but I'm not happy with the other two in addition. Either health decrease or scatter increase would be fine but I think it's going to be a tougher sell now if it's worse against inf and also more vulnerable and comes later.
8 Sep 2015, 23:56 PM
Patrion 14

btw, PLEASE fix not being able to cancel/retreat whilst cutting a wire.

and sometimes when building SOV tank trap, the engineers get stuck inside the gap.

please fix.
9 Sep 2015, 00:01 AM

Also if Partisans are getting camo then they need a hold fire button too (both AT and AI partisans), so that they can put their close range weapons to good effect when in ambush.

Would like an ambush button, they auto attack when enemy units come within 10 meters. Could be good for all camo units.
9 Sep 2015, 00:06 AM

Once again, a slew of terrible changes with terrible or no explanation at all. I'm beginning to think Relic buffs/nerfs random things to random levels of UP/OP to get more people to be passionately invested in the game.
9 Sep 2015, 00:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2015, 00:06 AMHorasu
Once again, a slew of terrible changes with terrible or no explanation at all. I'm beginning to think Relic buffs/nerfs random things to random levels of UP/OP to get more people to be passionately invested in the game.

What exactly is wrong with the changes?
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
Peru 11
unknown 8
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W