Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/08/2015

PAGES (18)down
8 Sep 2015, 20:33 PM

Relic could simply reduce the vet 2 bonus so that Tiger's still have 50 range at vet 2.

The KT can keep the range buff IMO as it gets no range buff through vet.
What for? So it´s only better on vet 0 and 1? Nice pseudo-buff. The vet 2 and 3 Tiger would still be the same under-performing shit we have now.
8 Sep 2015, 20:35 PM
Donator 22

yeah the JT price decrease is very welcome. It it simply too expensive.
8 Sep 2015, 20:37 PM

Permanently Banned
185 fuel and 500mp for a tank with lower hp than the KV series and the t34-85? Panther gets 800hp and 960 at vet for FUCKS SAKE.

RIP Hammer

KT buff? Relic why? Dont bring the heavy call-in meta back.

Stop buffing heavies for the love of god. This game is almost perfect with the use of combined arms. I swear these heavy buffs are taking coh2 in the wrong direction.
8 Sep 2015, 20:47 PM

So what you're saying is "I don't care about any other faction but USF"

K, cool. Amazing counter argument to buffing the JT.

And infantry to deal with a JT? What? The JT can't even hit infan try, it's a less cost efficient and more risky elefant.

JT is not a GG unit. If anything I laugh when it gets built because of how cost inefficient it is. I'd much rather get two p4s and change, and no need to worry about perma crew stun if I get a jp4 instead.

I don't know, but my opponents cover their heavy tank destroyer with something, being it elite infantry, HMGs, AT guns or mines

Yes the unit is underperforming overall, and maybe I was wrong about opposing the price reduction. I would rather see an option for USF to not make all their armor obsolete when it enters the field, besides m10 spam
8 Sep 2015, 20:47 PM

Comet nerf? what the??? why???
T-34 pop increase WHY????
Jagdtiger Price Decrease? what is this???
King Tiger gets +5 range,do you know what would help the king tiger? ARMOR revert its armor nerf cause it was not needed

WHERE ARE THE USF CHANGES?IS THIS FACTION OFFICIALLY DEAD?
8 Sep 2015, 20:49 PM

Why do you guys insist on turning heavies into these counter-all vehicles all the sudden. Weren't we working away from a heavy tank meta..

There is no reason give heavy tanks longer ranges to deal with tank destroyers. Tank destroyers are supposed to kite heavy tanks. Is that not obvious?

To deal with this,you support your heavy tank with 50-60 range units...
The KT literally does not need this. Just park a Jp4(which flat out beats SU85s and jacksons) right next to it..

Same with tiger,even though its harder since they lack a 60 range TD(SO BUFF THE STUG TO BE INLINE WITH OTHER FACTIONS 60 RANGE TD's,NOT THE TIGER. #JustRelicBalancing),park double paks,or a couple stugs with a halftrack to reinforce paks that were hit by artillery.

I dont understand. Please dont put this in live. And if youre planning on giving a pershing(when its added) 45-50 range,please reconsider. Its only moving towards taking away from late game combined arms.

The other changes are +1 btw,but why go 4-5 steps forward and 1 step back.

+1 to this all day.

Also comm_ash, I mentioned this exact problem earlier today based on theoretical values, your testing confirms how broken more range on the Tiger would be for the USF.

Relic pls!

Also Relic, I know you balance for 1v1, but please keep in mind that buffing Axis late game units is especially dangerous for larger team games because they outright dominate there. In small games a JpIV and a KT are rare, but in team games it is the norm. With a buff to range you outright beat any Allied combined arms force and still have more than half of your army to call on. Please don't just throw larger team games under the bus here.

8 Sep 2015, 20:50 PM

A 4vs4 team with 2 brits + 2 others will be struggling in the opening phase.

Cas, mortar halftrack or walking stuka kill any Brit's emplacements very quickly.

Ost Sniper are still deadly vs Brit.

Wasp was OP but was the only real advantage... but now...

I do understand that the allies nerfs were needed as the only way to balance the automatch queue quickly.

I still i think the Axis have the advantage in early game phase :

Why : Better mortars, Better Hmg, the stealthy rak, the puma,The mighty rifle grenade.

Add :
US faction lacking early indirect fire, it's HMG emplacement killed too easily by grenades, fausts or shrecks or mortars.

Brits: Inf way too weak without cover vs Axis inf better all the time. Lead to over bleeding mps or always the same Brent build.

Soviets: Rather ok. But we also want to play the others allies faction without the fear of gimping our team.

Conclusion:

Overall, Thank you Relic for a great game and for your ongoing efforts to improve it ! You will succeed !
8 Sep 2015, 20:52 PM
Donator 33

What for? So it´s only better on vet 0 and 1? Nice pseudo-buff. The vet 2 and 3 Tiger would still be the same under-performing shit we have now.

What do you think is UP about the Tiger if I may ask?
8 Sep 2015, 20:56 PM

Permanently Banned
Tigers range buff, imo its a bad. Tanks must be tanks.
And when its be nefr vet 1 JP ? OpieOP
I must to say that game are over 2 years, but its still looks like beta and no plan for game.
8 Sep 2015, 20:56 PM

well, it was really an oversized cromwell. Similar to how the E8 is an oversized sherman and the t34 85 is an oversized t34 76.

Except in this game the others dont cost so much more than the weaker variant. No point glorifying the Comet in Hammer, then, if its just a fat cromwell...

I havent been using Anvil often enough, might as well get used to using super Churchill meatshields + fast firing great AI cromwell instead of a has been late war tank that actually had threatening stats, but its British and doesnt have a balkenkreuz painted all over it, so it actually cant be distinguishable.

Continue the Comet nerfs...
8 Sep 2015, 20:58 PM

I would have rather a 240 health increase to tiger through vet instead of more range increase, because people complained its too soft - instead of giving it the ability to counter its counters...
8 Sep 2015, 21:00 PM

What do you think is UP about the Tiger if I may ask?
1) For the same price the IS-2 offers way better armor protection and slightly more mobility.

2) Over the years the Tiger has lost a lot of its survivability: No armor increase with vet, two health decreases, Blitz nerf, smoke cost increase (, limit to one vehicle).

3) Introduction of the British army which focuses heavily on anti vehicle options. Especially with 50 and 60 range units (AEC, Comet, Firefly, 6pounder, 17 pounder).

I feel it just doesn´t have any shock value whatsoever any longer. In particular: It does not seem like a heavy tank. It dies very fast. Also I don´t want to see it become a copy pasted IS-2. The range increase seems reasonable.
8 Sep 2015, 21:01 PM

Relic, still waiting for camo fix on JP IV.
It can dissapear in the middle of nowhere, during battle, surrounded even by 3 tanks.
The biggest problem is that tanks aiming at JP IV are force to switch to next target and when JP fires, they are switching again, just to see how it dissapears and to switch again to something else.

No more camo during combat please.
8 Sep 2015, 21:05 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Relic, still waiting for camo fix on JP IV.
It can dissapear in the middle of nowhere, during battle, surrounded even by 3 tanks.
The biggest problem is that tanks aiming at JP IV are force to switch to next target and when JP fires, they are switching again, just to see how it dissapears and to switch again to something else.

No more camo during combat please.

That happens also with elite troops from release Wfa. I also hope they fix the camo.
8 Sep 2015, 21:05 PM

I don't know, but my opponents cover their heavy tank destroyer with something, being it elite infantry, HMGs, AT guns or mines

Yes the unit is underperforming overall, and maybe I was wrong about opposing the price reduction. I would rather see an option for USF to not make all their armor obsolete when it enters the field, besides m10 spam

And you can kill those. Its not like the JT magically makes those units invulnerable.

A JT does not make all USF armour irrelevant, just like an elefant doesn't either. You can play around the JT, its not like the old piercing JT that was practically uncounterable. It is extremely easy to crew shock which relegates it to being a super defensive unit. I mean sure, whereever the JT is, you aren't going to be using armour there unless it is to overwhelm it, though the OKW player has just invested a shitton of fuel and manpower, no to mention locking a bunch of his popcap, into a unit that only has one role.
8 Sep 2015, 21:09 PM

Has the balance preview been updated yet?
I had an update for CoH2 workshop items but when I went into game partisans were still 210 MP
8 Sep 2015, 21:09 PM

Increase to anvil/hammer research time makes sense, but the increase in cost is unnecessary. The UKF is already a high MP cost faction, they're teching is delayed comparably from the MP drain.

I disagree, British T3 was largely unnecessary, people would just rush Spec and get a Comet or Churchill. Spec should be a quasi-T4, encouraging people to use actually use T3 units.
8 Sep 2015, 21:11 PM

Has the balance preview been updated yet?
I had an update for CoH2 workshop items but when I went into game partisans were still 210 MP

I think neither of the two latest changelogs (09/05 and today's) have been applied to the mod yet, despite updates in the workshop. Can anyone confirm?
8 Sep 2015, 21:16 PM

hope relic makes USF viable in the late game stage especially in the 3v3 and 4v4 matches its where all the action is at and im tired of getting bitch-slapped and curb-stomped by the better stuff the axis guys got
8 Sep 2015, 21:18 PM

Stop killing UKF late game without buffing it early and mid game plx.

Comet fast and stuff, but PATHFINDING.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 17
South Africa 2
unknown 10
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W