Login

russian armor

Ammo conversion needs to go

21 Aug 2015, 07:21 AM

Yes another CAS thread and NO CAS is not OP but CAS promotes bad game play. The problem Ammo conversion. I played two games today with a guys and all he did was blob and us CAS.

Both games were 2v2s. The first game I was playing OKW and he made nothing but Pioneers and PG, and because he had CAS he just gave all of them flamers, sherks for the PG. Anytime he came to something he couldn't deal with or wanted to win a fight he used straff. Never made one vehicle. He was playing against a USF player and i had the Soviet. he walk all over him. There was nothing the USF could do. he made a stuart and MGs, but still got over whelmed.

Then the second game that I played against him as soviets he was again playing aginst the USF team mate of min. This time he blobed grends, and at the beginning the USF player got a AA half track and was holding off the bolb. Then he added a pak to the Grend bolb and then nothing could stop the blob.

This gets back to why Ammo conversion need to just go. This ability dose nothing but promote blobing, in a faction that was made with the idea that there upgrade are powerful, and there for expensive. That and the only reason why CAS was OP was because of the conversion. Just replace the conversion with flame straf, or med brop, or even supply drop. Just get rid of conversion. At the end of the day CAS is not a 1v1 commander and in team games dose nothing but promotes blobs in team games.
21 Aug 2015, 07:23 AM

I agree OP. It should be a passive, just like Soviet Industry.
21 Aug 2015, 07:23 AM

I also don't like this ability, certainly not in this commander.
+1
21 Aug 2015, 07:45 AM

Make it soviet industry way, constant muni increase for constant fuel decrease :snfCHVGame:
21 Aug 2015, 08:58 AM

I am for a change of the ability in the CAS doctrine but not for the osttruppen doc.
When you have played with osttruppen then you know that sometimes you just need a small instant boost in muni for more faust/whatever to finish off tanks/vehicles.
21 Aug 2015, 10:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2015, 07:45 AMKatitof
Make it soviet industry way, constant muni increase for constant fuel decrease :snfCHVGame:

<444>_<444>
21 Aug 2015, 10:17 AM

RIP Osttruppen Doctrine..
21 Aug 2015, 10:23 AM

Better make it in Lend-Lease way - paradrop taking its path from enemy base.
1) It won't harm Osttruppen doctrine
2) AA would be indeed useful against CAS
nee
21 Aug 2015, 11:10 AM

How about instead of immediate 50F->120M, it instead deducts 50F and adds 120M over like 15-20 seconds? Would get the same result, but you don't immediately gain the benefits, plus the cooldown only starts after the ability is finished.
21 Aug 2015, 11:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2015, 11:10 AMnee
How about instead of immediate 50F->120M, it instead deducts 50F and adds 120M over like 15-20 seconds? Would get the same result, but you don't immediately gain the benefits, plus the cooldown only starts after the ability is finished.

I like this.
21 Aug 2015, 11:24 AM

+1, sound great. You can't simply gain a buttload of muni and call in AI strafe anymore.
21 Aug 2015, 14:01 PM
Donator 11

It would make more sense if it was a passive live Soviet windustry.
21 Aug 2015, 16:12 PM

Just make it a passive like industry should of been. allow the player to turn it off and on, and instead of manpower income, fuel income is what takes the hit.

AS for the Ostrupen commander i have no problem with the conversion staying the same in this commander. Ostrrupen commander don't have straffs to make up for even weakness of a bolb army, anyway.
21 Aug 2015, 16:36 PM

+1 ; it forces the Axis player to actually think ahead and plan and not just "Crap, I'm in a jam better just convert fuel and throw a plane at it"
21 Aug 2015, 21:26 PM

This is the best idea I've read so far, it'd make CAS take more planning and wouldn't hurt Osttruppen Doctrine much.
21 Aug 2015, 22:05 PM

This is the best idea I've read so far, it'd make CAS take more planning and wouldn't hurt Osttruppen Doctrine much.

The only problem is that it still promotes blobing. This would work if the ability only gave 60 ammo (fuel cost would be lower), or the conversion had a really high cool down like 60 sec to 120 sec. Again if you just give the OST player a lot of ammo he will bolb grends and shocks (the problem, and what COH2 player said they don't want in this game). Remember it's not the straff that are the problem anymore, and in fact if CAS didn't have the convesion in it the commander would be balanced (Granded no use, just like NKVD for the some reason of having nothing but ammo abilities). It is the conversion that that ruins the game. The blobing is what needs to stop, and the only way to do this with CAS is to slow down the ammo income enough to were the OST needs something else to deal with problem, rather then just using blobs with upgrades and straffs. The problem with CAS is the same problem Windustry had when it first came out. The doctrine its self was fine on paper till it met the faction. For the soviets it was fast t70s, for CAS it is the blobs. I am sorry to say it but CAS just may need to die like Windistry, I would like it not to but I see no other way than changing the OST faction as a whole. Which is not going to happen.
21 Aug 2015, 22:57 PM

The only problem is that it still promotes blobing. This would work if the ability only gave 60 ammo (fuel cost would be lower), or the conversion had a really high cool down like 60 sec to 120 sec. Again if you just give the OST player a lot of ammo he will bolb grends and shocks (the problem, and what COH2 player said they don't want in this game). Remember it's not the straff that are the problem anymore, and in fact if CAS didn't have the convesion in it the commander would be balanced (Granded no use, just like NKVD for the some reason of having nothing but ammo abilities). It is the conversion that that ruins the game. The blobing is what needs to stop, and the only way to do this with CAS is to slow down the ammo income enough to were the OST needs something else to deal with problem, rather then just using blobs with upgrades and straffs. The problem with CAS is the same problem Windustry had when it first came out. The doctrine its self was fine on paper till it met the faction. For the soviets it was fast t70s, for CAS it is the blobs. I am sorry to say it but CAS just may need to die like Windistry, I would like it not to but I see no other way than changing the OST faction as a whole. Which is not going to happen.

THe Ost player will spam shocks? Gren blobs will get lmgs just fine without ammo conversion. The problem is, like someone already stated, the immediate fuel to ammo transfer. Apart from this, riflemen blobs is about everything I have ever seen from USF players. Do they have some ammo conversion that pushes them to blobs as well?

Ah the conversion ruins the entire game? Sure thing, sounds solid.

Blobbing is of course what every Ost player does..

The last part makes absolutely no sense. You are acting like CAS is ruining the entire game and making Ostheer super duper op. It seems you have forgotten the fact that CAS was nerfed pretty harshly a few patches ago. The strafes come in way later, it is easy to dodge them now, even with your infantry. The only thing that is annoying about CAS is the way the transfer goes. It should be a gradual transfer, not an immediate one,

Stop acting like one doctrine is destroying the entire game, it isn't xd. Ostheer is the only faction that doesn't feel like it was designed after some heavy drinking and cocaine snorting.
21 Aug 2015, 23:02 PM
Donator 11

Sounds good enough.

Also it could be like Luftwaffe doctrine where the exchange happens on field.
21 Aug 2015, 23:05 PM

In last patch relic buffed blobbing counters and nerfed cas.

Please...

This is a good side to find counters against 'blobbing'.

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.
22 Aug 2015, 19:00 PM

THe Ost player will spam shocks? That is a typo man come on. Sheck

Gren blobs will get lmgs just fine without ammo conversion. The problem is no that the Grnds get the LMGs but that they get the LMG faster (to fast), and the OST can still spam, Call-in, Mines, grands, and Shreck. This is the problem.

The problem is, like someone already stated, the immediate fuel to ammo transfer.getting the ammo at all in a faster fashion is the problem, and why this is a problem i have just stated.

Apart from this, riflemen blobs is about everything I have ever seen from USF players. Do they have some ammo conversion that pushes them to blobs as well? [b]One USF is not apart of this topic, but just to make a point like i said, if the OST player spams LMGS then they shouldn't have ammo to do other things, like every USF player who spams. Blobing is bad no mater which side dose it. These are other issues for another topic

Ah the conversion ruins the entire game? Sure thing, sounds solid. A normal person would take this as sarcasm, me on the other had see this as hope. I will now pray to RN Jesus that you see the light :hansRNG:

Blobbing is of course what every Ost player does.. All factions can bolb end of story. Just as many allies players bolb as axis. the only difference is that axis can get away with it better, and more often. Again this is not the point of this thread. If you want to continue this debate we can make a new one.

The last part makes absolutely no sense. You are acting like CAS is ruining the entire game and making Ostheer super duper op.Plz read OP then the other posts, then my post

It seems you have forgotten the fact that CAS was nerfed pretty harshly a few patches ago.you lost 30 ammo (150 to 120) on the conversion, and your straffs had a 1 sec or so wind up time. Huge nerf :foreveralone:

The strafes come in way later, it is easy to dodge them now, even with your infantry.Again please read what i said about the straff.

The only thing that is annoying about CAS is the way the transfer goes. It should be a gradual transfer, not an immediate one, Like i said it promotes bad game play (blobing), and if conversion cant be change to not promote blobing then it needs to go. This is my position on any commander ability be it allies or axies.

Stop acting like one doctrine is destroying the entire game, it isn't xd. if you had seen what i described in the OP you would under stand why this needs to be change. And yes anything that promotes bolding is ruining the game in my eyes, and needs to go. IF you like bolbing (this is a general statement not aimed at you) you need to play Starcraft, or Act of Aggression. Not CoH 2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Russian Federation 12
United States 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak