Login

russian armor

Cruzz's The More You Know

PAGES (58)down
13 Dec 2015, 23:48 PM
Donator 11

he is playing coh2 again! I have hopes :banana:
14 Dec 2015, 04:06 AM

No real player can leave it for good. There's no other game like it.
16 Dec 2015, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 04:06 AMboc120

It's what keeps me coming back despite relic abusing us like rented mules sometimes. I will go and play Civilization or one of my old Total Wars for awhile but I always come back to either vCOH or COH2 for the ultimate MP RTS experience. Perhaps some day there will be a replacement.
16 Dec 2015, 22:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 04:06 AMboc120

This is why I played APB: Reloaded for as long as I did, even then I only left because the performance got so bad my friend could not play anymore. That's a hint Relic, fix the performance or it'll only get worse.
22 Dec 2015, 01:27 AM

How is it that the bulletin stacking feature is so heavily in favor of the axis? Sherman bulletins do not stack but Panther ones do? I understand that you can spam more shermans than panthers, but the panther already performs better than everything else anyway. Also, the fact that the Tiger bulletins can be used on the tiger ace seems very silly, like the TA needs any help. What I can't wrap my mind around is how stug G/Es get to use all the same bulletins but 34/76s and 34/85s don't. Seems real gimmicky.
22 Dec 2015, 01:48 AM

A lot of that has to do with there not being a coherent standard for developing and modifying the game. The balance team develops and programs ones way, the team working on new content does it another way, and individual staffers might adjust stats in their own unique ways. And there are a lot of variables that govern how each and every unit and ability performs in game. As the game ages, certain areas get a lot of focus, and then eventually fall out of favor. (Or in the case of, say, cheaper 222 upgun bulletins, outright ignored.)

Also, it seems common practice at Relic and by modders to just copy and paste existing numbers and then modify from there (Look at British bulletins, for instance: a lot of Soviet/Axis flavor text.) So even new content often has years of (overlooked) modifications and changes grafted into it.

So, it's not that Axis was designed to heavily be favored by bulletins, it's that Axis vehicles tend to share more of the same variables that the bulletins are affecting. Whether this is intentional or not is hard to determine. At this point in CoH2's life, it's an esoteric feature for the knowledgeable elite to guard: knowing the utility of which bulletins to use and stack. (This type of mindset seems to be geared towards the CoH2 community, as most of us have learned that all ingame info/tooltips is going to be inaccurate, even misleading at this point.) It can be rough for new players that don't know about this site or watching broadcasts/replays
22 Dec 2015, 05:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

So, it's not that Axis was designed to heavily be favored by bulletins, it's that Axis vehicles tend to share more of the same variables that the bulletins are affecting. Whether this is intentional or not is hard to determine. At this point in CoH2's life, it's an esoteric feature for the knowledgeable elite to guard: knowing the utility of which bulletins to use and stack. (This type of mindset seems to be geared towards the CoH2 community, as most of us have learned that all ingame info/tooltips is going to be inaccurate, even misleading at this point.) It can be rough for new players that don't know about this site or watching broadcasts/replays

While true, I don't think I've ever seen a multiplayer game wherein the game itself sufficiently mentions the nuances and technicalities of the game for all players to realize easily. There's always a lot for players to only know of after a lot of experience and accidents, or going to a larger community to query about.
25 Dec 2015, 14:13 PM

I just saw somewhere that cover is nullified from attacks within a 10 unit radius. Is this true?
25 Dec 2015, 15:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I just saw somewhere that cover is nullified from attacks within a 10 unit radius. Is this true?

Quite so. Garrisoned buildings, on that note, don't have this happen to them. You can test it Semoskiy with the CheatCommands mod by placing a squad inside the building next to the eastern cutoff (say, a Grenadier squad) with an enemy squad behind the heavy cover wall by the building (say, a Conscript squad). You'll find the heavy cover squad will certainly lose, because they don't get the benefit of cover in that situation while the garrisoned squad does.
26 Dec 2015, 01:42 AM
Patrion 28

How is it that the bulletin stacking feature is so heavily in favor of the axis? Sherman bulletins do not stack but Panther ones do? I understand that you can spam more shermans than panthers, but the panther already performs better than everything else anyway. Also, the fact that the Tiger bulletins can be used on the tiger ace seems very silly, like the TA needs any help. What I can't wrap my mind around is how stug G/Es get to use all the same bulletins but 34/76s and 34/85s don't. Seems real gimmicky.

bulletins that don't stack are a fuck up on relics part. it's not intentional or it would be consistent between bulletin types and factions.
13 Jan 2016, 18:53 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Does Mobile Defense Doctrine Ostruppen still spawn with chances for vet? I thought that was removed with the changes to Elite troops/rifle company
13 Jan 2016, 19:02 PM

It was removed, but they can spawn with mg42's
17 Jan 2016, 09:32 AM

I guess I'll pretend I'm alive and post something

British ability and weapon stats:

Some stuff that isn't obvious about the brits without looking at the game files:

Note: when an ability that affects infantry has +1 speed listed, this means it will change posture to the next one. Infantry default move speed is 3.6, gaining +1 posture speed will raise them to the "fast" speed which is 5.4. If they are moving in mud then they will go from 2 to 3.6 instead.

Postures:
Veryfast: 6
Fast: 5.4
Medium (default): 3.6
Slow (heavy snow, mud): 2
Veryslow (crawl): 1.5

Unit stats

Tommies have a *0.25 accuracy and *1.5 cooldown multiplier while moving, nothing else in the game comes even close to being this bad on the move.

The UC has higher damage the farther away you are. It also has very bad moving modifiers. Far away and standing still it actually has extremely good damage, the best of all the light vehicles at that range. Too bad the attack move logic on vehicles moves it far closer in than it should go.

Croc main gun is half damage version of regular Churchill, which in turn is a Cromwell gun with 0.75 second slower reload

Brit sniper has +50% damage against vehicles, so he does 60 damage against vehicles but 40 on buildings and team weapons.

PIAT has 66% deflection damage, making it amazing against heavy vehicles because it basically ignores armor. When it happens to hit.

PIAT is artillery so it has no accuracy rolls, it always works off scatter. Move sideways against piats to basically make them never hit unless PIAT user pulls off mad ground target micro.

Comet main gun STILL has no projectile and thus no real scatter calculation. The rounds fired by it will not collide with vehicles or infantry, so if you are trying to ground target with it your only chance of hitting is for it to hit the ground beneath the target.

Valentine has crush, making it the fastest and smallest crusher in the game. Though the Cromwell does have the exact same movement stats so the only real difference is the size.

Tommies, Sappers, Commandos, Sniper gain an additional *0.9 modifier to their received accuracy while in light or heavy cover. Garrison cover is not improved, and thus trenches aren't either.

Tommies have a debuff of *1.4 reload and *1.2 cooldown while OUT of cover.

Vet1 Sappers gain *0.5 reload and *0.3 cooldown on STEN ONLY while IN cover.

Anvil Heavy Sapper upgrade increases both repair and build speed by 100%

The Vanguard Officer will receive exp from nearby british units just like the three american officers.

Commandos, Sappers and Tommies all have their own version of the Bren when picked up from the weapon racks. Sapper and Tommy ones are nearly identical, with the sapper one just being slightly better. Commando Bren is significantly (~40%) stronger and can fire on the move with 50% accuracy.

Unit abilities

Churchill Crew Grenades AOE values are still completely insane. Apart from being very good at wiping weapon teams because they simply can't run away fast enough, these can be used to oneshot most on map buildings in the game too. Semois Church takes 90% damage from a single one of these beauties.

Centaur Weapon Burst will simply fire less rounds if you make the area smaller, unless you are in a hurry you should just select as large an area as possible.

Bofors garrisoned barrage ability will destroy most buildings in a single barrage. The barrage also does 0 damage to friendlies so you can just waltz through it. No friendly damage also applies to Artillery Cover which is this same weapon except with half damage.

Hammer Gammon Bombs will immobilize any vehicle damaged for 8 seconds

Sniper critical shot is the same as OKW puma aimed shot crit wise

British Tank Commander gives +10 sight, +20 camouflage detection radius (massive considering the default range is 5), *1.1 accuracy and REDUCES experience value of the officered-tank by 20% (making units gain less exp from shooting at it) Fixed in late October

Comet White Phosphor Smoke will NOT disable guns on target, unlike other white phosphor abilities.

Glider officer charge (15 munitions, 90sec recharge):
*0.25 received accuracy (yeah...), *0.8 cooldown, *1.4 accuracy, +1 speed for 10 seconds,
on all friendly infantry (so works on teammates), in radius 20

Commando camouflage:
Lasts for 3 seconds out of cover.
First strike bonus (requirement: 10 seconds since last combat, camouflaged, using default Sten):
+50% accuracy on first shot
+1 movement speed for 5 seconds

AEC tread shots (30 munitions, 30 second recharge, 50 range):
2 shots for 40 damage each, normal accuracy so may miss (especially on small target like kubel)
First shot gives 5 second engine damage
Second shot requires first shot to have hit and immobilizes for 3 seconds
This ability has an extremely small firing cone combined with a very long 2 second aim time, which means it will not fire against a unit that is not moving nearly directly towards or away from the AEC.

Commander abilities:

Artillery Commander Direct Barrage also gains Anvil Airburst shells if you are Anvil, gains nothing with Hammer.

Concentrated Fire Operation is Ostheer Railway artillery without the pinpoint first round and 5 rounds instead of 3.

Commando Assault (100 munitions):
+25% accuracy, +1 speed
to tommies only for 60 seconds (a worse Fallschirm Valiant Assault, as valiant assault applies to all infantry for the exact same bonuses at the same cost)

Hold the Line (250 munitions, 70 second duration)
Target all friendly sectors currently bordering on enemy sectors
All your infantry units in these sectors have *0.8 received accuracy.
After 30/35 seconds, starts an Overwatch for enemy infantry/vehicles in the original border sectors that are still friendly. When triggered, spawns a 30 second loiter with planes identical to the Vanguard commander loiter.

Designate Command Vehicle:
Reduces cooldown of all other commander abilities by 25%
Command Vehicle debuff:
*0.5 speed, *2 reload, *2 cooldown, *0.5 accuracy, *2 received accuracy
Command Vehicle aura on nearby units:
30 radius
*0.7 received accuracy, *1.35 accuracy, *0.7 reload, *0.7 cooldown

Tactical Support Reinforce the Front(150 munitions, 40 sec duration):
Halves reinforce time and increases movement speed by +1 for all your infantry that are in a friendly, connected territory when the ability starts for 40 seconds.
Drops a medic crate, a vickers HMG and a 6 pounder atgun in the targeted sector IF there is a friendly infantry unit in it during the ability. The medical supplies are the same as in the german luftwaffe ability:
Heal for 27 points, *0.87 reload and *0.87 received accuracy in radius 25 for 30 seconds.

Weapon stats

Automatically generated weapon small arms DPS:

Code

NAME NEAR MID FAR
universal_carrier_bren_lmg_mp: 7.98 10.487 11.649
vickers_hmg_mp: 33.545 20.75 6.6
aec_coaxial_vehicle_turret_mp: 7.742 5.483 3.442
churchill_hull_defense_left_mp: 5.822 4.91 3.176
churchill_hull_defense_right_mp: 5.822 4.91 3.176
churchill_mk7_coaxial_vehicle_turret_avre_mp: 7.742 5.483 3.442
churchill_mk7_coaxial_vehicle_turret_mp: 7.742 5.483 3.442
churchill_mk7_vehicle_hull_mp: 5.822 4.91 3.176
comet_coaxial_vehicle_turret_mp: 7.742 5.483 3.442
comet_vehicle_hull_gun_mp: 5.702 4.745 3.233
commando_bren_lmg_moving_mp: 7.63 10.29 12.289
cromwell_coaxial_vehicle_turret_mp: 7.742 5.483 3.442
cromwell_vehicle_hull_mp: 5.822 4.91 3.176
sapper_bren_light_machine_gun_mp: 5.137 7.095 8.658
sapper_vickers_k_machine_gun_mp: 4.913 6.679 7.912
sherman_firefly_coaxial_vehicle_turret_mp: 7.742 5.483 3.442
tommy_bren_light_machine_gun_mp: 4.881 6.637 7.863
vickers_k_universal_carrier: 5.09 4.974 4.203
commando_sten_mk_vi_silenced_smg_mp: 16.489 2.365 0.27
engineer_sten_9mm_smg_mp: 7.929 0.979 0.208
tommy_lee_enfield_rifle_mp: 4.595 3.717 2.892
tommy_scoped_lee_enfield_rifle_mp: 5.003 3.792 2.818
weapon_crew_lee_enfield_rifle_mp: 1.775 1.34 0.969

Examples from other factions:
m1_garand_rifle_rifleman_mp: 5.885 2.841 1.698
hmg_team_mg42_mp: 28.685 18.755 7.067
grenadier_mg42lmg_mp: 6.853 8.436 9.055
panzer_grenadier_mp44_smg_mp: 15.863 7.692 1.448
grenadier_kar_98k_rifle_mp: 5.074 3.372 2.263
mosin_nagant_rifle_conscript_mp: 2.921 1.963 0.848
volksgrenadier_kar_98k_rifle_mp: 4.007 2.702 1.807

17 Jan 2016, 09:54 AM

ALL HAIL CRUZZ, OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR!
17 Jan 2016, 09:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 09:32 AMCruzz

:hansGASM:
17 Jan 2016, 10:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 09:32 AMCruzz
Hold the Line (250 munitions, 70 second duration)
Target all friendly sectors currently bordering on enemy sectors

Welcome back, great work.

I am under the impression that it only works on sectors captured by player and bordering enemy sectors. In 1vs1 that would be the same, but in from 2vs2 and above it make quite a difference..
17 Jan 2016, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 10:01 AMMyself

Welcome back, great work.

I am under the impression that it only works on sectors captured by player and bordering enemy sectors. In 1vs1 that would be the same, but in from 2vs2 and above it make quite a difference..

At release this was true, but they fixed the ownership requirements to Ally instead of Own in I think October or so. Don't have the commander and have been too lazy to make a mod just for testing the ability so not 100% sure but looking at the ability file it should work on allied territory as well.
17 Jan 2016, 10:13 AM

LOL he is alive! Please tel us recent ninja's!!! :hansGASM: Jagdtiger 245->280 Fuel, as far is i know, thanks to relic here that they don't list all changes. #E-Sports confiirmed :thumb:
17 Jan 2016, 10:17 AM

So UC vickers is pretty much singular DP-28 for proper LMG cost. Can this upgrade be any less efficient?
17 Jan 2016, 10:30 AM

Please tel us recent ninja's!!! :hansGASM: Jagdtiger 245->280 Fuel, as far is i know, thanks to relic here that they don't list all changes. #E-Sports confiirmed :thumb:

I don't consider any fuel changes for OKW ninja changes, as it was pretty obvious they were going to happen

To mention the few things over the last few patches that I don't remember seeing other people mention:

Tommy Scoped Rifle was nerfed from 16 to 14 damage again in December, which is the reason it's worse again at max range than the default one.

Comet projectile still wasn't fixed even though they've listed it as fixed twice already

USF Mortar HT scatter was reduced by a decent amount (back in October already)

Out of date stuff:
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment