Login

russian armor

New Patch Meta Predictions

22 Jun 2015, 07:02 AM

Oh, come on. Another pro-axis argumet from "just flank it" category.
Works 1 out of 10 on distance 30+. If it is SO EASY to "NEGATE" smoke, why everyone even use it?

Everyone who has half a brain does do it. And it's a far, far higher chance than 1 out of 10.

Like seriously if you can't put in the effort to use attack ground then jesus christ, not to mention being able to hit at all and kill a tank when it's smoked it pretty great because it means your opponent wasted munitions to fail to save a tank.
22 Jun 2015, 07:13 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2015, 06:32 AMJohnnyB

Example: An idiot comes and say that T34 > Tiger. Then someone who knows comes and prove from technical point of view that T34 was no match for a Tiger. The idiot has no argument except calling the second guy a nazi fanboy. And there goes your derailed thread. :D

Quite true, however its usually the other way around, nein?
22 Jun 2015, 07:16 AM
Donator 11

Everyone who has half a brain does do it. And it's a far, far higher chance than 1 out of 10.

Like seriously if you can't put in the effort to use attack ground then jesus christ, not to mention being able to hit at all and kill a tank when it's smoked it pretty great because it means your opponent wasted munitions to fail to save a tank.

22 Jun 2015, 08:00 AM

Idk if I'm being to harsh but the statement "why doesn't everyone do it" is so funny because literally everyone does it.
22 Jun 2015, 10:44 AM

Quite true, however its usually the other way around, nein?

QFT, ja!

1) You've misunderstood my statement:
"If it is SO EASY to "NEGATE" smoke, why everyone even use it [smoke]?"
You reply with:
"Everyone who has half a brain does do it."

I don't see how it answers to what I've said.

2) My observations tells me that chances are very thin.
Either you have to get very close, which put your SU-76 (ZIS, SU-85, whatever) to certain risk of just getting flanked, or you'll miss MOST of the time.

I'm actually discussing results of attacking ground with you. Why do you assume that I don't use it? Stop putting words in my mouth.

Back to topic.
I don't think SU-76 will fit new meta because of combination of its drawbacks:
1) Turretless
2) Slow for a light vehicle (mainly - slow turning speed)
3) Nonexistent horizontal gun traverse arc
4) Bad accuracy on the move
5) Lacks shock value
6) Unreliable AI in form of barrage
7) Very micro intensive

3+4 means that it can't utilize it's maximum range to kite and can't chase to finish off enemy vehicle.

400HP, 50 range and penetration buff just don't cover it.
Puma, T-70, Luchs, StuG have it better.
22 Jun 2015, 10:47 AM

I predict t34-85s and german planes everywhere
22 Jun 2015, 11:54 AM

Permanently Banned
OP Ostheer coming :snfBarton: buff german stock unit > nerf soviet stock unit and comanders. MG + lmg gren + sniper = victory, only merica cheap major can help and smoke. For soviet, su-76 need buff ability, becouse ability of su4ka are broken (even buff os su-76 dont save it), mortar vet 1 ability is broken (if she will be like in alpha).
For german meta dont change, maybe it will be more ostrupen, but for soviet yes, it will be change (but how it can be change if soviet have not so many good cammnaders infatry + callins?).
22 Jun 2015, 15:20 PM

Yay fuel free map hack with IR HT for only 200MP, so much for being tactical.
22 Jun 2015, 15:30 PM
Donator 33

400HP, 50 range and penetration buff just don't cover it.
Puma, T-70, Luchs, StuG have it better.

60 range easily gives it the advantage over StuGs and Pumas.
22 Jun 2015, 22:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

No, it only gets derailed when untrue or stupid things comming from ignorance and historical bias are claimed because someone will eventualy come to give the correct info, but an idiot cannot go down without a fight so he will fight to the death. That is why "historical" discutions are derailing the threads.

Example: An idiot comes and say that T34 > Tiger. Then someone who knows comes and prove from technical point of view that T34 was no match for a Tiger. The idiot has no argument except calling the second guy a nazi fanboy. And there goes your derailed thread. :D

Except those post are made on the balance/gameplay section. You want to talk about historical facts, go into the library subforum.
23 Jun 2015, 00:56 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 02:47 AMCieZ
For soviet: t3 or t4 into ISUs or is2s. People will still play 85s but they won't be as strong.

Really?

85s are going to be as strong as ever. TWP on paks and stugs will be Ostheers saving grace against them.
23 Jun 2015, 03:20 AM

Yay fuel free map hack with IR HT for only 200MP, so much for being tactical.

Still doubt most people will build them unless they are going to use IG18.
23 Jun 2015, 04:10 AM

theres actually no reason not to build a IRHT if you go battlegroup. having knowledge of enemy positioning is actually so game winning in coh
23 Jun 2015, 04:45 AM

It's "the" counter to Maxim spam now. I also see the IR track being an important piece to your multiple Sturm strategy, Lemon. Ambushes kappa
23 Jun 2015, 04:54 AM

people learned how to deal with 2 sturm starts, its not that good anymore lol, it falls off really quickly after the early game
23 Jun 2015, 07:34 AM
Patrion 14

people learned how to deal with 2 sturm starts, its not that good anymore lol, it falls off really quickly after the early game

2-3 sturm starts were great in alpha for several reasons. I expect the changes that made it possible to come to the base game with several other OKW changes in the NEXT patch.
23 Jun 2015, 07:57 AM

Have you tried using the things 60 range? 3 shots of 120 damage means one of his PIV's will be almost dead in the first volley. And you can use attack ground to negate his smoke.

Like take it from someone who's actually used the "new" SU-76, it's a pretty big terror to medium armor with that 60 range and high speed.

What if I told you that SU-76 can't spot for itself and you don't have to bumrush your armor frontally?

Reminds me of this one time Alex said and tried to defend that KV-1>Tiger.

60 range easily gives it the advantage over StuGs and Pumas.

If it could spot and utilize that range, yea.

Pumas however can.

@comm_ash
They better bring all the remaining changes with the next patch or people will flip.
I know I will.
23 Jun 2015, 08:36 AM

I meant that free maphack +two sturms would counter maxim spam or heavy maxim usage outside buildings. I'm thinking Kolodny Ferma type maps, not Kharkov. Yeah I agree lol because they just focus fire you down and can actually back cap. Excited for next next patch though
23 Jun 2015, 08:52 AM
Donator 11

IR HT in conjunction with LEIG is awesome at plinking away at maxims/sandbagged units. while you are microing somewhere else.
Source

When you can afford(not just resources but also unit composition)it gets even worse for the enemy:D
23 Jun 2015, 22:13 PM

Does anybody else find it a bit odd that a faction designed with call-ins as the primary source of decent units is now being punished for being designed in this fashion? I do. I'm starting to agree with ohme's assessment ages ago that all factions should have a non-doctrinal heavy tank. Tech all the way up and receive your factions heavy tank as a bonus.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★