Login

russian armor

New Patch Meta Predictions

19 Jun 2015, 12:43 PM

I've always found that the USF AT guns main weakness was not the penetration (special rounds fixed that), but the fact that it is only a 4 man squad. 4 men squads (that decrew after 3 model losses) at just extremely vulnerable to axis lmg DPS, snipers, and rapid fire mortars.

You forgotten something? Maybe something like PaK40? It is still one shoot wiped by Shermans HE rounds.
19 Jun 2015, 13:07 PM

My prediction is that raketen vet0 camo will seriously cripple any medium armor play.
19 Jun 2015, 13:15 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Meta change? instead of 2 p4s you get one p4 and one stug.

Soviets will see more of the su76.

the rest i don't even..

Basically, i don't think the meta will change that much, which is fucking AWFULL! I just want to enjoy the game again, like i did in the alpha.. please RELIC.. ffs.
19 Jun 2015, 13:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 13:15 PMSpanky

the rest i don't even..

Basically, i don't think the meta will change that much, which is fucking AWFULL! I just want to enjoy the game again, like i did in the alpha.. please RELIC.. ffs

This so much...
19 Jun 2015, 13:22 PM

the rest i don't even..

Basically, i don't think the meta will change that much, which is fucking AWFULL! I just want to enjoy the game again, like i did in the alpha.. please RELIC.. ffs.

IMO 1 SU-85 and 1 Katy will still be better than 3 SU-76M.
19 Jun 2015, 13:27 PM

IMO 1 SU-85 and 1 Katy will still be better than 3 SU-76M.

Depends on the map and the enemies composition. If they have lots of medium armor 3 SU-76's will tear him a new asshole while an SU-85 might be better for if your enemy is using heavier armor.

Still, 3 SU-76's is a LOT of DPS, and with the new pen it will make even Panthers and Tigers think twice when used in numbers.
19 Jun 2015, 13:42 PM

Can't understand how people can still say Guards doctrine will be the meta. Maybe for the first week but when you'll release that Guards can't do shit vs Ost MG, Mortar has been nerfed hard and you have stug to counter t34-85, more diversity will raise from the ashes of the old meta...

IS2 and Tiger will continue to be really effective but will probably be deployed later, you will badly need to have mediums on the field to support them. Except if both players are playing like old meta :D

CAS + Tiger Ace will probably be above for Ostheer.
Armor, Airborn, rifles and infantry for USF since each of them let your skip or delay a tier without losing too much of its power. But I'll probably play all doctrines as USF, should be fun :D
19 Jun 2015, 14:27 PM

Are the only reliable full health vehicle snares Stug twp and stuarts shell shock now? Also predict m42 and 34 everywhere and pray soviets dont steal em :P
19 Jun 2015, 14:38 PM
Donator 33

Are the only reliable full health vehicle snares Stug twp and stuarts shell shock now?

No, mines deal engine crits to full HP vehicles as always.
19 Jun 2015, 15:43 PM

Guards motor everywhere, maybe more ZiS/57mm usage as they rip through PIV's with ease.
19 Jun 2015, 17:26 PM

Depends on the map and the enemies composition. If they have lots of medium armor 3 SU-76's will tear him a new asshole while an SU-85 might be better for if your enemy is using heavier armor.

Still, 3 SU-76's is a LOT of DPS, and with the new pen it will make even Panthers and Tigers think twice when used in numbers.

You will end with 1 dead SU-76 and 2 Pz.IV alive pulling back under cover of smoke.
19 Jun 2015, 17:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

the rest i don't even..

+2
19 Jun 2015, 19:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 09:07 AMJohnnyB

He opened nothing, because he's right.

Whenever someones pulls the "it's historical accurate" card, threads get derailed.
19 Jun 2015, 21:51 PM

A lot of people fail to make use of it's very good arc and sight by using it like a ZiS gun in CQC. But yeah ultimately the biggest downfall of it is it's 4 man squad. Would be nice to see all USF weapon teams get bumped up to 5 men no?

I would like to see USF support weapons get bumped up to 5 men. Not that I think USF need a buff overal (they don't), but at the moment there is very little reason to make HMGs and AT guns because they just die so easely. This is especially the case against Ostheer, as their sniper has a high rate of fire, their mortars fire rapidly, and Rifle grenades clear them out from long range (with maybe 1 burst from their LMG to finish the last guy off). An extra guy in the squad would certainly help a bit to make the support weapons a more attractive option over just plain rifle spam.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 12:43 PMFrost

You forgotten something? Maybe something like PaK40? It is still one shoot wiped by Shermans HE rounds.

Honestly I don't fear shermans that much when I play ostheer. By the time they have a sherman, my PAK40 is likely vet 1 from shooting at the always-present M20 or AAHT. Vet 1 gives me TWP which makes it extremely good at dealing with shermans. If you have a panzerfaust nearby you are likely to kill it, if you have a second PAK40 already (say, if you are going mech assault and don't need early T3 tech), it's an almost garuanteed kill. Now M8s on the other hand... Those are nasty.

In any case, the sherman ammo switch ability is a rather poor design choice in my opinion. It needs to have big splash because of the big penalty of not being able to damage enemy tanks, but big splash leeds to 1-hit wipes. Poor design. It's alright on the ISU152 because that thing can't just pop up everywhere but it is bad for the sherman.

Having said that, two wrongs do not make a right; USF having weak-sauce support weapons just because the sherman has HE shells leads to linear and spammy strategies.
19 Jun 2015, 23:10 PM

Buff USF support weapons and riflemen scaling through vet/Zooks, but nerf Major fuel cost to 140. I want USF to be something other than "Sherman Rush" faction.
20 Jun 2015, 05:05 AM

You will end with 1 dead SU-76 and 2 Pz.IV alive pulling back under cover of smoke.

Have you tried using the things 60 range? 3 shots of 120 damage means one of his PIV's will be almost dead in the first volley. And you can use attack ground to negate his smoke.

Like take it from someone who's actually used the "new" SU-76, it's a pretty big terror to medium armor with that 60 range and high speed.
20 Jun 2015, 05:40 AM

Whenever someones pulls the "it's historical accurate" card, threads get derailed.

20 Jun 2015, 15:03 PM

And you can use attack ground to negate his smoke.

Oh, come on. Another pro-axis argumet from "just flank it" category.
Works 1 out of 10 on distance 30+. If it is SO EASY to "NEGATE" smoke, why everyone even use it?

20 Jun 2015, 17:17 PM

I predict that there will be so much whining and raging as always. Gamers are men and most men never grow up:nahnah:
So "same shit different patch".
22 Jun 2015, 06:32 AM

No, it only gets derailed when untrue or stupid things comming from ignorance and historical bias are claimed because someone will eventualy come to give the correct info, but an idiot cannot go down without a fight so he will fight to the death. That is why "historical" discutions are derailing the threads.

Example: An idiot comes and say that T34 > Tiger. Then someone who knows comes and prove from technical point of view that T34 was no match for a Tiger. The idiot has no argument except calling the second guy a nazi fanboy. And there goes your derailed thread. :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★