Login

russian armor

Patch notes for 23rd June

PAGES (33)down
18 Jun 2015, 08:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2015, 23:36 PMStafkeh
Patch is just underwelming. Again waiting so long, and we only get this. Maybe it would have been better if the alpha notes didnt leak, then why wouldn't have anything to be excited about.

Now you know why NDA's exist. Those leaks completely killed Relic's momentum with this patch. Even if everything in the leaks was final, people would be disappointed because it'd be old news.
18 Jun 2015, 08:42 AM

when reading threads like this, i remember why i didnt visit coh2.org for months

while the state of the game has improved slowly but steadily its community seems to proportionally devolve into a whiney 6-yo, no offense
"gimme my alpha changes(candy) now. gimme all of them or ill start screaming till i turn purple"

but too much candy isnt good for the general population of coh2. just because you have been playing the alpha and are eager to accept those changes, doesnt mean everyone else will, especially if theyre implemented all at the same time.
with that attitude (and a clear lack of knowledge on the whole alpha/beta process) many of you have disqualified yourself from being a member of the alpha in my book.
if i was relic and had read your comments, id kick your ass to the curb without thinking twice

see you guys just before the next patch rolls out :D
18 Jun 2015, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 07:45 AMKatitof
That collective axis fanboys butthurt :megusta:

I expected a popcorn thread.
I was not disappointed. :snfPeter:

Yeah, its a entertaining popcorn-thread :snfPeter: :clap:but in the end we will be stuck with a game that isnt challenging. I am a soviet-fanboy and looked so much forward to trying out some new strats, crying alliestears now...
18 Jun 2015, 08:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 07:40 AMEsxile
I'm not a top Ost player but I have good success rate countering T34-85 with a swarm of Pumas (mobile defense doctrine). T1 + T2 + puma/command tank. I also used the doctrine and Puma swarm to counter Easy8 spam with success.
Vs Sov, the mortar was effectively a big problem and it has been addressed with a good nerf, I didn't test it during the alpha but regular Sov players were crying high when they did remove the precision strike and reduce the damage qualifying it as rubbish now.

People crying now that a Tiger can't counter t34-85 are simply retarded and honestly for most of them it doesn't surprise me reading their comments. Because yes a Tiger can counter two 85 and there is no need to cry for that, so now its time to think a bit further and start using other doctrines/strategies than regular tiger ones.

I'm not the one to complain about these changes, not really. I like how CieZ sees the problem and I think he's right about many issues. But claiming T34/85 call-in will not be a problem it's a little to much. And I will relate to your example, which refers to Tiger.
Letting hypocrisy aside, let's not pretend that the ostheer player which will use a Tiger doctrine won't be disadvantaged facing a soviet player using 85s call-ins if we relate to call-ins situation. Observe I used the term "call-inS" and for a reason. While the ostheer player can field ONE Tiger at a time, he will have to face not 2 T34/85s but maybe 4, maybe 6. Who knows? Maybe he will be able to preserve and vet his Tiger. Maybe the soviet player will be able to do that too. Result? One Tiger vs 2-6 T34/85s. Do you think it's balanced? I don't, and something tells me I'm right.
18 Jun 2015, 08:47 AM

Permanently Banned
Super Heavy Call in Vehicles (Tiger, Tiger Ace, Elefant, IS2, ISU, Jadgtiger, Sturmtiger, KV2)
We are limiting Heavy Vehicles to a field limit of 1. We want the players to use the Heavy Tanks to support core units or have core units support the Heavy Tanks. We are anticipating this change will encourage players to spend their fuel on other units within their tech tree as it will be in-efficient to continue accumulating fuel. This also severely effects 3v3 and 4v4 games where players can see up to 12 Heavy Vehicles in a match.

AYYYY, LET'S SPAM MORE T-34-85 THEN
18 Jun 2015, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 08:44 AMJohnnyB

I'm not the one to complain about these changes, not really. I like how CieZ sees the problem and I think he's right about many issues. But claiming T34/85 call-in will not be a problem it's a little to much. And I will relate to your example, which refers to Tiger.
Letting hypocrisy aside, let's not pretend that the ostheer player which will use a Tiger doctrine won't be disadvantaged facing a soviet player using 85s call-ins if we relate to call-ins situation. Observe I used the term "call-ins and for a reason. While the ostheer player can field ONE Tiger at a time, he will have to face not 2 T34/85s but maybe 4, maybe 6. Who knows? Maybe he will be able to preserve and vet his Tiger. Maybe the soviet player will be able to do that too. Result? One Tiger vs 2-6 T34/85s. Do you think it's balanced? I don't, and something tells me I'm right.

What if I told you that you have tier buildings after T2 and they are hiding units, one of them rips a new one to T34/85?

Some die hard fanboys spammed tigers so much that they have completely forgot anything else exists.
18 Jun 2015, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 08:47 AMKatitof

What if I told you that you have tier buildings after T2 and they are hiding units, one of them rips a new one to T34/85?

Then I would answer to you that teching costs will be a problem for me, and that soviet tiers exist too. All this situation will lead to a soviet advantage late game / end game.
In addition, I talked about only about call-in comparison, but even if you extend the discution, the soviets remain in advantage. That's my opinion, but we'll see if I'm right by playing the game afterpatch.
18 Jun 2015, 08:59 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 08:44 AMJohnnyB

While the ostheer player can field ONE Tiger at a time, he will have to face not 2 T34/85s but maybe 4, maybe 6.

If the other dude gets enough fuel and manpower to get six T 34/85s, you are not doing well. On the other hand you can tech up and get two panthers, if you also have decent map control
18 Jun 2015, 09:03 AM
Donator 11

I am happy to see these alpha changes being implemented - although I am not 100% content with all of them. However that will probably apply to everyone.
It is ofcourse a mild let down that just these few changes are implemented as of yet and have wished to see all alpha related balance and design changes implemented. On the other hand I can follow relic's reasoning of doing it in steps. I am, an developer myself, actually a supporter of an iterative development cycle throughout the complete lifetime of product. That means: I would love relic to get out balance patches - or patches in general - in an fixed cylce of like 6-8 weeks each(look at CCP from Eve-Online) but then again this is just my personal opinion.
So all in all I am happy and looking forward to test out the changes. :)
18 Jun 2015, 09:03 AM

If the other dude gets enough fuel and manpower to get six T 34/85s, you are not doing well. On the other hand you can tech up and get two panthers, if you also have decent map control

I don't believe in such fairy tales of getting one Tiger and 2 Panthers in one game by one player. Not in 2v2s which I play the most. I saw soviet players getting at least 4 T34/85 in many games and while using Guard Motor I fielded many times at least 4 85s.

Maybe the 4v4 meta will be different, but 4v4 = zero interest for me.
18 Jun 2015, 09:04 AM

2 Panthers cost as much as six T34/85's, doesn't that seem a tad wrong to you?
18 Jun 2015, 09:04 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 05:01 AMNapalm

In lighter news anybody else excited about more modding options? This will make custom games a hoot.

These tools will allow your peers to create new content for you, in order to make the COH2 world even more enjoyable.

The following types of mods have been added:
Decals
Faceplates
Skins

:o:o:rolleyes: :faint: :loco:

18 Jun 2015, 09:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2015, 21:27 PMCabreza

It's more relevant in team games than in 1v1s.

true but even in team games if the multiple kts came from one player the allied team probably lost anyway. Never been able to field more than one kt at a time in a challenging game. If i did it was when it didnt mater anyway as the enemy were rolled.
18 Jun 2015, 09:16 AM

Permanently Banned

You seem to confuse something. There are no changes to the damage these two units do. The su76 will have 10 more penetration at far and 5 at medium ranges. However axis mediums have for the most part higher armour which makes this difference even more negligible.

As I mentioned the damage remains untouched, which means:

- su76 120 dmg
- stug g 160 dmg

Not only does the stug do 40 damage more it also has a lot more health.

The su76 will need 5 shots to take out a stug, the stug needs 3. I'll leave it to others to make the cost-performance analysis but I'd say the new stug will be rather good.

To clarify the point I tried to do at the start...

su76 vs p4 (ignoring the vet 2 armour increase):

chance to penetrate (at long range for the maximum effect of the higher penetration of the su76): 180/180=1 -> will always penetrate

shots to kill: 640/120=6

getting killed in: 400/160=3 (there is no chance of a p4 shell bouncing on the frontal armour of the su76, regardless of distance (frontal armour is 70))

su76 vs stug g:

chance to penetrate: 1

shots to kill: 5

getting killed in: 3

stug g vs t34-76 (identical for the sherman)

chance to penetrate: 1

shots to kill: 640/160=4

getting killed in: 560/160=4 (please be aware that this ignores the fact that the t34-76 has a 14%/28%/42% chance to deflect, at vet 2 the chances are 32%/44%/55%)

stug vs t34-85 (the interesting one)

chance to penetrate: 170/160=1 (always penetrates)

shots to kill: 800/160=5

getting killed in: 4 (please be aware that this ignores the fact that the t35-85 has a 0%/0%/14% chance to deflect, at vet 2 the chances are 11%/22%/32%)

The stug should perform better accross the board, significantly. The negligible penetration difference at max and medium range has 0 influence and if we were actually to include other higher armoured mediums like the panther and easy 8s, the stug would still come out ahead (the highest medium armour for the allies is the kv1 at 270 armour, the panther has 290, due to the difference in armour and damage for the stug, it would fare better even here).

I've seen my mistake a few posts ago, thank you for explaining it to me in detail!
18 Jun 2015, 09:19 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 01:30 AMCieZ

I don't need your approval to justify my feelings on whether or not my feedback is valued by Relic.

I've witnessed numerous current, and future changes, that were implemented in direct alignment with feedback that I provided.

I've also been thanked on multiple occasions by different Relic employees for the time I've dedicated to discussing changes, testing changes, and giving feedback.

Of course I'm not the master mind behind every change - nor have I ever claimed to be. Plus, not all of my ideas are good. On top of that there are many other community members that have done the same and more than I have. Whether you choose to acknowledge the fact thatd Relic values community feeback is not my problem.

Rest assured, I'm extremely happy with the responses and relationship I have with Relic.

And this is why you will always defend them, only deviating from this worship when you are confronted with it and need to defend yourself.
18 Jun 2015, 09:23 AM

when reading threads like this, i remember why i didnt visit coh2.org for months

while the state of the game has improved slowly but steadily its community seems to proportionally devolve into a whiney 6-yo, no offense
"gimme my alpha changes(candy) now. gimme all of them or ill start screaming till i turn purple"

+1, some seriously immature responses in this thread. So many god damn arm chair developers thinking they are so god damn better. Well unless you work in a big games studio with several years of experience, you just dont know what it takes.

This patch is literally full of awesome changes, with them promising that more are on the way. They are addressing pretty much everything we, the community have asked for. And still people spit their dummy out like a petulant child.

People really showing their nasty side in this thread.
18 Jun 2015, 09:24 AM

Permanently Banned

it does NOT.cant you read

penetration is better, those are better stats. I can read :)

Got the damage wrong though, my bad! :megusta:
18 Jun 2015, 09:24 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 09:03 AMJohnnyB

I don't believe in such fairy tales of getting one Tiger and 2 Panthers in one game by one player. Not in 2v2s which I play the most. I saw soviet players getting at least 4 T34/85 in many games and while using Guard Motor I fielded many times at least 4 85s.

Maybe the 4v4 meta will be different, but 4v4 = zero interest for me.

You said the Soviet player can field 6 T34/85s when you could field one Tiger. If THAT was the case you had been outplayed severely, as he has had access to a lot of fuel and excess manpower.

I brought up the two panthers scenario, to illustrate what you COULD have done, if you were NOT completely outplayed and is sitting on a lot of resources, equal to the resources the Soviet player who fielded SIC T34/85s.

So either you didn't read what I said or you are intentionally diverting.

18 Jun 2015, 09:25 AM

No precision strikes? I think they was ok because of muni cost. Move your units, don't shoot from only one position time to time and it couldn't 'generate a lot of negative gameplay experience'. But nooo, it's not how we want to play =\

One Heavy per player? In game where heavy IS-2 barely can stand face-to-face against okw's 'medium' Panther? Facepalm. Or did you see video where three t-70 kill panther?

M5 up? How unusual. Flamethrower crits reduce? I like it. Waste 60 muni after couple of shots and get furnace in your lines was a hell. Cuttable OKW wire... uhm, I already said so many things to think about me as an allies fanboy, so... thanks for no more fuel for IR HT. Uhm... made that feel stronger, right?
PAGES (33)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS