Login

russian armor

Which Faction Is OP At Present & Why ?

PAGES (9)down
13 Apr 2015, 19:08 PM

Stock USF are the strongest imo, but with certain doctrines (Guards motor/Shock Rifle/Tank hunter) Soviets are arguably OP and stronger than any other faction.

I don't even bother ticking any maps as soviets, simply because you will have a doctrine that will suit every map (ISU for minsk, shock rifle for Stalingrad, motor for Semois etc etc).
13 Apr 2015, 19:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 18:00 PMButcher
But the vetoes are already used to get rid of snow maps with blizzards. :(

A whooping single one that is left.
2 if you play 2v2.
13 Apr 2015, 20:12 PM

The real problem with the soviet is simple.

They can hold a lot of time with this combination:

- Cons
- Guards (*)
- Maxim
- Mortars
- Mortar 120 (*)
- Zis

---------- 0 Fuel Cost

The counter of all above is basically Lefh, Werfer, MortarCar. Regular mortars do not count because they have 4 men and the wipe factor is basically in favor for the soviets.

Lefh and werfer comes too late, lefh is doctrinal with no late game tank and mortarcar is a valid option but doctrinal.

In addition they have frontal maps like jarkov or minsk and they will wait till ISU152 , IS2 or T85 then GGWP most of the time.

This is the real problem of the faction, the call in meta imo.

13 Apr 2015, 22:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Maps > Meta > Faction

At high level, i would say SU > Rest for 1v1 and 2v2.
14 Apr 2015, 03:11 AM

Give the meta another week or two to sort out. PTRS cons probably OP, otherwise it's "ok", at least until they fix the overall call-in meta.
14 Apr 2015, 04:36 AM

hard choice between soviets and OKW....but its real slim just because i can literally win a game just off the truck HQ as the Okw
14 Apr 2015, 09:36 AM

Soviets are currently overpowered. Their base army is balanced but they have a lot of overpowered commanders and call-in units.

Guards slightly over perform.

Shock troopers don't require you to do any creative flanking as with panzergrenadiers and these squads are too powerful in general. You can just bum-rush squad in green cover, even panzergrenadiers/sturmpioniers, and force them to retreat. A grenadier squad or volksgrenadier squad in green cover can be forced to retreat without even killing a shock trooper model in the process. Combine shock troopers with For Mother Russia and there is nothing your opponent can do except just mass retreat and stay in his base for a minute.

Stalling for call-ins is too easy and too rewarding. This puts a very large risk on getting light vehicles as axis because you are going to need all the fuel you can get to counter the extremely potent T34/85s and IS-2s. (this problem of course also exist for Wehrmacht mechanized assault)

PTRS conscripts are extremely broken. You can just blob these units and win. They can't be countered by HMGs, light vehicles can only be used against them if you are Jesulin, and they will wreck AT guns/mortars/leIGs in 1 burst if you have 3~4 PTRS conscript squads. Utterly ridiculous.

Demo charges need to be removed from the soviets. There used to be a time where you needed them to even out the score against superior german infantry, but this time has long gone. Soviets no longer need this crutch; especially with everybody using the powerful soviet commanders 99.99% of the time.

This.

Other players such as Budwise (CoH1 legend with a deep understanding of what makes RTS fun) have said the same.

Demos - The reward for preserving your units is a huge part of what makes CoH fun. The ability of the soviets to nullify this is saddening. No army needs demo charges that can be manually operated.

Shock Troopers - ditto what Aerohank said. I wouldn't want them out of the game but I think they need a change. 6-man armoured unit with no fuel tech is not good. Maybe a 90-muni upgrade for the armour? Or less armour? Their firepower is fine but their ability to get in close without needing to maneuver cleverly isn't.

Soviet call-in meta - It's saddening to see so many casts where a soviet player holds out with 8 conscripts two maxims and 2 AT guns for 30 minutes until IS-2 spam. On the other hand, soviet stock tanks are boring. It's not fun to play with t34s and su85s. I think they need a heavy stock tank.

I haven't played in half a year because of the reasons above. Mostly what I dislike about soviets is the blobbability and starcraftery. I hope Relic makes a change to eliminate this mindless style.

14 Apr 2015, 09:50 AM

Mostly what I dislike about soviets is the blobbability and starcraftery. Check CptPrice and Lenny replays to see what I mean. (8 conscripts, two flamers, demo mines demo).

How is that any different from sprices 7 zooka rifles or 4-5 volks+whatever number of whatever elite infantry you pick or good, old LMG grenblob which were in game viable options lightyars before cons?

And you seem to confuse spam with blobbing.

8 cons is not a blob if they are all over the map and soviets never could blob as that was heavily punished by superior firepower, turbomortars and OKW AAHT.
14 Apr 2015, 09:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2015, 09:50 AMKatitof

How is that any different from sprices 7 zooka rifles or 4-5 volks+whatever number of whatever elite infantry you pick or good, old LMG grenblob which were in game viable options lightyars before cons?

And you seem to confuse spam with blobbing.

8 cons is not a blob if they are all over the map and soviets never could blob as that was heavily punished by superior firepower, turbomortars and OKW AAHT.

Sigh. Where did I write "he blobbed conscripts all over the map"? Have you seen any Price or Lenny games. Watch a few, you'll see a huge group of units walking around together. That's a blob. I'm not confused about that.

I didn't say it was different from Price's 7 zooka rifles. I think that's bad also.

4-5 volks in a blob = Bad.

LMG blob = bad.

Blob = bad.

You always react as if people are against you personally and misconstrue what is being said. I'm for gameplay, not axis. I would like to see buffs and nerfs and mechanics changes to soviets to make them viable to play with an interesting style.
14 Apr 2015, 10:53 AM

Sigh. Where did I write "he blobbed conscripts all over the map"? Have you seen any Price or Lenny games. Watch a few, you'll see a huge group of units walking around together. That's a blob. I'm not confused about that.

I didn't say it was different from Price's 7 zooka rifles. I think that's bad also.

4-5 volks in a blob = Bad.

LMG blob = bad.

Blob = bad.

No denying to that, I'm simply pointing out that if you don't play soviets because they blob, then you pretty much have nothing to play in coh2 as every faction blobs since day 1 of their introduction and soviets are able to do so with PTRS only for a couple of days, never before it was valid or effective for them to do so and with no PTRS doctrines it still isn't, so soviets while can blob are the least blobby faction in coh2 really.

As long as there is no negative zeal greatly increasing rec acc when 4 or more squads are at certain vincinity, the blobbing will exist and persist. Blobs of infantry hardcountering AI tanks doesn't help either.

You always react as if people are against you personally and misconstrue what is being said. I'm for gameplay, not axis. I would like to see buffs and nerfs and mechanics changes to soviets to make them viable to play with an interesting style.

I'm much more calm then my posting indicates, I'm just as subtle as chainsaw in expressing my opinions and responding to others. :blush:
But what you(or anyone really) say, if it isn't written the way so only single interpretation is needed, then don't be surprised that people make out of it something you didn't intended. I need to explain my posts all the time.
14 Apr 2015, 11:12 AM

I dont understand why people cry over shock troops so much.

They are as durable as 9 conscript models, and their DPS is lower at close range and significantly lower than thompson paratroopers, which are 50 mp less expensive than shocks.

They do no damage at mid and long range, while LMGs and HMGs partially negate their armor bonus, with flamers negating them completely...

Not to mention prostheer sniper

Also what is wrong with blobbing? People here seem to really hate many strats to be viable and only want 1 strat to be viable = combined arms. Spam and combined arms shouldn't be forced, both should be viable and both are currently viable. Both have their cons and pros.

Blobbing is a skill. Forcing 2 to 1 engagements is skill. When your opponent has his troops disorganized, spread out in the entire map, blobbing is the right thing to do, obviously.

People seem to think that blobbing takes no skill but spreading out your troops in a disorganized fashion and sending them 1 at a time is great skill...

Thing about blobbing, 6 well microed squads in green cover or even yellow cover, WILL always beat a blob of 6 squads that are not microed. But from what i understand, coh 2 has too high skill cap and that needs to be decreased

Spam is a key thing in ANY rts game.

Complain about stale meta = bad
Complain about Lenny trying to do something not meta like spamming 8 cons = bad
Sprice blobing zooks (he is like the only person to use bazookas)= bad
Non meta cheese strats = bad

?????
14 Apr 2015, 11:39 AM

I am sorry but it's your fault because you mind him. Ask him how many axis game he played, then watch his nose growing.
14 Apr 2015, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2015, 10:53 AMKatitof

No denying to that, I'm simply pointing out that if you don't play soviets because they blob, then you pretty much have nothing to play in coh2 as every faction blobs since day 1 of their introduction and soviets are able to do so with PTRS only for a couple of days, never before it was valid or effective for them to do so and with no PTRS doctrines it still isn't, so soviets while can blob are the least blobby faction in coh2 really.

As long as there is no negative zeal greatly increasing rec acc when 4 or more squads are at certain vincinity, the blobbing will exist and persist. Blobs of infantry hardcountering AI tanks doesn't help either.

I'm much more calm then my posting indicates, I'm just as subtle as chainsaw in expressing my opinions and responding to others. :blush:
But what you(or anyone really) say, if it isn't written the way so only single interpretation is needed, then don't be surprised that people make out of it something you didn't intended. I need to explain my posts all the time.

I agree we need negative zeal. I've said it before. For all factions.

I don't think you're not calm either. You generally seem very calm. But sometimes you calmly flamebait or change the topic or throw a strawman. I don't get that, I don't think it's useful to you. The players who favour axis could give you a lot of useful information on how to beat axis strategies if you opened a positive dialogue with them.

Still, you're worlds better than Burts)

Also, perhaps you'll believe me when I say I'm not an axis-only player who wants all the advantages. I want a fun CoH2. I'd love to see some fun new Soviet units and mechanics that make them interesting to play. I'd accept changes to all factions if it brought back the exciting dynamic gameplay I saw in the first CoH. I wish Sovs were more fun to play as + against.

14 Apr 2015, 14:12 PM
Benefactor 115

Factions are pretty much balanced but there are some units/commanders that really have to be changed, like Elite Riflemen or Stug E
14 Apr 2015, 14:49 PM

Looks like my plan is working :snfPeter:
14 Apr 2015, 14:50 PM

All Armies are OP!!!!
14 Apr 2015, 15:07 PM

Call in meta is OP. Soviets benefit the most from it. Because to not use it as Soviets is to be punished heavily.

Blobbing is also bad. Skill LOL!!!! Skill is micro and positioning not A move blobbing all over the place.

Right now Blobbing is FAR TOO REWARDING for all factions. Combined arms SHOULD easily beat a blob. Thats what makes the series great in my eyes.

Which is also why i VEHEMENTLEY disagree with the removal of demo charges. In fact I would like to see Ost given the Goliath. As currently it is hard as hell to punish blobs once they reach critical mass.

Either that or MGs need to be made GOD MODE again this includes a buff to the Maxims AOE suppression and TONS of buffs to the 50 cal.

Reduction of Artillery power, reduction of suppression power, and the increase in infantry power upon WFA release has left us with the Blob meta. Which IMHO is just as Toxic as the call in meta.
14 Apr 2015, 15:19 PM

Call in meta is OP. Soviets benefit the most from it. Because to not use it as Soviets is to be punished heavily.

Blobbing is also bad. Skill LOL!!!! Skill is micro and positioning not A move blobbing all over the place.

Right now Blobbing is FAR TOO REWARDING for all factions. Combined arms SHOULD easily beat a blob. Thats what makes the series great in my eyes.

Which is also why i VEHEMENTLEY disagree with the removal of demo charges. In fact I would like to see Ost given the Goliath. As currently it is hard as hell to punish blobs once they reach critical mass.

Either that or MGs need to be made GOD MODE again this includes a buff to the Maxims AOE suppression and TONS of buffs to the 50 cal.

Reduction of Artillery power, reduction of suppression power, and the increase in infantry power upon WFA release has left us with the Blob meta. Which IMHO is just as Toxic as the call in meta.

Every faction blobs, but Soviet has all the best counters to it which is why people think it's unfair for Demo's to exist when they play directly against the squad preservation priority Relic has in mind.

It's nice now that you can target them, but Soviets don't have any real early game munitions needs so you can spam demos everywere fairly easily, I do it all the time.
14 Apr 2015, 15:29 PM

Soviets. They can make multiple mistakes and still overun you in the end with hoardes of T-34'S, conscripts and IS2's.
14 Apr 2015, 15:32 PM

Every faction blobs, but Soviet has all the best counters to it which is why people think it's unfair for Demo's to exist when they play directly against the squad preservation priority Relic has in mind.

It's nice now that you can target them, but Soviets don't have any real early game munitions needs so you can spam demos everywere fairly easily, I do it all the time.

And yet before WFA it wasnt a problem. Fancy that.

Every faction blobs but Soviets just suck at it because conscripts dont scale worth a damn. They are the WORST at blobbing mid to late game of ALL the factions. Even Ost does it better when LMGs hit the field.

Having blob counters isnt a bad thing. The more the better. Every faction should have a PLETHORA of blob counters and punishment tools. Personally I would like to see the ISG and Packhowi BOTH be BETTER then the 120MM. They should be defacto blob destroying tools for the WFA where the EFA need MG buffs and Goliath for Ost. Man I want to see that come back.

Edit:

And if you dont want to hit a demo just add a sweeper to your precious Blob instead of mindlessly running it around without one.

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS