Login

russian armor

A letter to Relic COH2 Game balance team

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
23 Apr 2015, 23:12 PM
Donator 11

OKW as a whole was not heavily nerfed. obers were nerfed quite a bit but volks are roughly the same (better in certain citations, worse in others), raketen was buffed, schrecks were nerfed a tiny bit, and the lieg was buffed. what was nerfed was the over preforming stuff and everything that was buffed was under preforming before and is now significantly better, although none of it is OP.

I am not a fan of any faction. But I think okw is so broken right now.

what okw have USF and soviet have counter. haha. broken faction
23 Apr 2015, 23:13 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 07:27 AMKatitof

So when you lose a game to Jesulin for example, it will mean allies up because you'll have -1?

Thats how reliable indicatoer of anything win streaks are.

You have similar win % ration with all factions, that is an indicator of balance if anything related to single playercard can be one.

win % ration is over all. I am talking about right now.

after patch I got USF SOVIET 51 win streak. does it mean somthing?
23 Apr 2015, 23:18 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 20:44 PMBurts
I like how people think the shreck accuracy nerf actually did anything...

Protip : shrecks still are pretty much 100% accurate due to their scatter which means that even "missed" shots will still hit because the rocket will end up scattering into the tanks hitbox.

please dont lie.
23 Apr 2015, 23:39 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 07:27 AMKatitof

So when you lose a game to Jesulin for example, it will mean allies up because you'll have -1?

Thats how reliable indicatoer of anything win streaks are.

You have similar win % ration with all factions, that is an indicator of balance if anything related to single playercard can be one.

How can you conclude that both the win % ratios of a top 5 player and the state of balance is relatable to each other lol. That's a pretty ridiculous thing to say.

You are essentially comparing an individual outlier of the Coh2 population, whose skill is beyond 98% of the playerbase, to the majority of the players

As crude as his argument is, his win streaks pretty much do confirm his argument that the 1v1 metagame for the allied/axis balance is broken. His win % only confirm that he is a top tier player, please don't relate that to balance.
aaa
23 Apr 2015, 23:51 PM

I play soviet and ostheer since I am a noob. got it?

Look at omgpop and jove okw streaks +20 each. And SU -1.

Why didnt yo ever use tank hunter commander? Isnt it not good enough overall?
23 Apr 2015, 23:53 PM

Relic did some basic design flawas not to mention some idiotic "balance" changes. OKW is now somewhat broken. Osther early game is pain in the ass. Some commanders are useless others are too much OP. Almost each game is now the same. Just mortar spam into IS2 or T34/85. IS2 can now attack KT with zero problems etc.. Dunno what those monkeys at Relic are doing but calling it balance is joke. Maybe they should take some hints from SC2 since its more balanced in each way.
23 Apr 2015, 23:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 16:45 PMButcher
Re: OKW being hard to play this patch.

I think this is true in the anti tank department.

Yes Rocketen is a beast now! lol ;)

Rocketen is useless and usually a waste of mp against everything except light vehicles. OKW starves on ammo to rely on that for AT. spending fuel to get tank (specially for a faction getting a lot less fuel than others) is not right as well. OKW needs something like Pak40 ,for ex available in medic HQ.

Not only rocketen is so shit against anything larger than m3, it dies to anything as it has such a low armor/health, and the range well ;P.
24 Apr 2015, 00:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 22:39 PMKatitof

No, it wasn't.
You have Kubel for that.

The Kubel is directly countered by the things that counter Sturms. It greatly reduces your capping power as well due to OKW's lower starting MP. Not to mention the Kubels horrible pathing.

If you want to win as OKW you need to micro way, way harder early game than the rest of the factions.
24 Apr 2015, 00:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 23:56 PMAladdin
OKW needs something like Pak40 ,for ex available in medic HQ.

Not only rocketen is so shit against anything larger than m3, it dues to anything as it has such a low armor/health, and the range well ;P.

...the Raketen has the exact same armour/health as the Pak 40.
24 Apr 2015, 00:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 00:03 AMVuther

Pak 40 provides green cover to the crew, while the Raketen provides none.
24 Apr 2015, 00:56 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 00:52 AMStorm

Pak 40 provides green cover to the crew, while the Raketen provides none.

Ain't that bugged for all of them at the moment?

Other AT guns DID give heavy cover for their crew, but I'm pretty sure it's working for none of them right now.
24 Apr 2015, 01:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 00:56 AMVuther

Ain't that bugged for all of them at the moment?

Other AT guns DID give heavy cover for their crew, but I'm pretty sure it's working for none of them right now.

Its like that for quite some time. Its too fragile. Tanks can oneshot it so often its not even good counter for them and relic still cannot see it but what do you expect from monkeys
24 Apr 2015, 01:02 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 01:00 AMMettiu

Its like that for quite some time. Its too fragile. Tanks can oneshot it so often its not even good counter for them and relic still cannot see it but what do you expect from monkeys

I'm tired of squad wipes the moment I look away too :(
24 Apr 2015, 01:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 01:02 AMVuther

I'm tired of squad wipes the moment I look away too :(

Its funny because Relic said they will reduce squad wipes but I see them now more often then before.

There has to be something wrong with QA and balance team at Relic since I dont get why they dont see major issues in game for so long.
24 Apr 2015, 01:33 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 23:51 PMaaa

Look at omgpop and jove okw streaks +20 each. And SU -1.

Why didnt yo ever use tank hunter commander? Isnt it not good enough overall?

before the patch My okw have like 30+ win streak if I remember right.

And I am rank 1 okw.
24 Apr 2015, 05:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 21:48 PMaaa
dont have okw. I play only 1v1 any game.

Nothing new, we can see that from a mile.
24 Apr 2015, 06:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 16:45 PMButcher
Re: OKW being hard to play this patch.

I think this is true in the anti tank department.

Yes, the Raketenwerfer was buffed. Yet the design has been "meh" to begin with. I don´t value it as effective as the other AT guns. 50 range is lackluster for an anti tank gun/ launcher.

The Schreck nerf hit a bit harder. OKW relied on that.

Other options are expensive and cost fuel.

Especially versus the Soviet call in meta losing one unit (Jagdpanzer IV, Panther) will cripple your anti tank performance as OKW so significant you will lose the game. Once an IS-2 shows up the Raketenwerfer is a liability.

That´s a huge gamble imo.

As Ostheer etc. you can at least get out Paks or cheaper tank hunters (StuG, Su-85) or medium tanks. As OKW you are stuck with short range AT and here and there one vehicle.

I wouldn't say you should feel better right now with ostheer. OKW still remains strong, it has a better offence capability than ostheer in startgame but now is far more balanced no matter what all these whiners are saying. And yes, it's tricky and risky especially against soviets, this being another thing that these 0 to at most 6 OKW games players don't think or even imagine. They are unhappy because they consider OKW balanced when they will be able to steamroll OKW only with their cons. They live in the past, previously to WFA, when they could do anything, they weren't punished for their mistakes while Ostheer was so mistake-unforgiving. When OKW came and showed these soviet only players that something countered them effectively, the whine war begun, thousands of forum pages, crying a river over every OKW unit with NO EXCEPTION while refusing to play more than a few games with OKW - most of them against CPU - because it was "so OP". Tell you all what: I don't like soviet faction. BUT I have a fair number of 2v2s and a decent number of 1v1s though. I was curious to find out how it feels. I lost a number of games, I won a number of games and I became more carefull in stating opinions about them because I saw their weaknesses. Therefore, I have all respect for people who have a decent number of OKW games online and still think it's OP. It's their opinion and they have arguments, because they have the required experience with this faction. To others: please don't post about OKW. You have no idea what you are talking about.
24 Apr 2015, 06:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 00:03 AMVuther

You are missing the point why. It has such a short range as an AT gun to counter anything more than light armor, that the tanks can get in range of their fire to it before it can deal much damage, unlike other AT guns which can chase away/kill the armor at range even before they can shot back.
24 Apr 2015, 06:53 AM

Permanently Banned
Even with ost buffs, they are still the weakest faction in game. Scout car still needs to be raised up to 30-35 fuel and get an armor and damage upgrade for the 2 cm. Hell the damage boost and armor upgrade can have a fuel cost of 15-20 to make it fair that way you aren't over paying for the shitty mg scout car. Or it could have the 2cm by default. Nobody uses them without the turret, why is it there? Just to add more muni upgrades?

FHT still worthless.

Stug not what it should be. T4 is still slightly overpriced.

All of ostheers teching is grossly overpriced in terms of manpower compared to other factions. On top of that they need to unlock the battlephase AND build the structure.

T2: 200 mp + 120 mp + 60 fuel
T3: 200 mp + 160 mp + ??? fuel
T4: 200 mp + 160 mp + 110 fuel?

Assuming if you skip t3 maybe you are still paying 720-880 manpower to fully tech up. This is why tiger spam is a thing. Its retarded in comparison to the other factions. Even only building t2 and stopping is sort of expensive relative to the other factions.

Okw at max pays 600 manpower if they build all trucks and doesn't even need to build anything. Can't remember USF but they get free units with teching and don't have to build shit, so its not that high. Soviets usually only build t1 or t2 and bank on call ins ( I dont blame them, t3/t4 pales in comparison call in meta ) So soviets usually only pay 160 mp - 400 mp if they build a second structure on teching.

This gives every other faction such a huge advantage early on and over the course of the game its ridiculous.

Now I know what some of you might be thinking. That its to make them different, but this is a touch to far. Buffing ost units will not fix this is an exact problem.

So without further adieu I propose.
  • All battlephases now cost 120mp
  • Battlephase 1 fuel cost reduced by 10
  • Battlephase 2 fuel cost increased by 20
  • Battlephase 3 cost reduced by 20

Overall t2 for ost comes quicker, t3 comes later, and t4 comes quicker. Also manpower isn't sucked dry in early-mid game as badly but still are paying the most overall.
24 Apr 2015, 07:34 AM

How can you conclude that both the win % ratios of a top 5 player and the state of balance is relatable to each other lol. That's a pretty ridiculous thing to say.

You are essentially comparing an individual outlier of the Coh2 population, whose skill is beyond 98% of the playerbase, to the majority of the players

As crude as his argument is, his win streaks pretty much do confirm his argument that the 1v1 metagame for the allied/axis balance is broken. His win % only confirm that he is a top tier player, please don't relate that to balance.

Thats exactly what I'm saying duuh.

Jesulin got huge win streaks with any faction because he was good, not because balance favored him.
Same with Paola, competitive scene of CoH2 is rather tiny, we can learn ALL top players by heart and it won't be a long list, his win streak would have any meaning if he was constantly fighting Jesulin skill level players.

And anyone who have ever played automatch in coh2 out of placement knows that you get better players and worse players matched against you constantly, you're lucky to have an equal match, if you are top of the ladder with all 4 factions there isn't many players better then you, are there? Which means he'll be playing players who are worse then him because of the reasons specified earlier, therefore his win streak is completely irrelevant. Congrats for having it, but its no indicator of anything.

Now, if top 200 players had a win streak of +50 with USF and sov, THAT would be an indicator of something being wrong.
Single player in ladder based system? Thats pretty much a statistical error, because you can take just as well Jesulins playercard and say that Ost is strongest because his win streak is biggest there or Alex playercard and say that all factions need huge buffs except OKW.

Is that an accurate representation of current balance?
Not really.
Just as Paula's win streak is no representation of anything else then him being above most players skill-wise.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS