Login

russian armor

A letter to Relic COH2 Game balance team

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
23 Apr 2015, 05:22 AM

Playercard streaks are meaningless info unless we know how many matches were played for each faction since after the patch. It's also ridiculous to try and argue balance based of the statistics of one player. Relic has access to the detailed breakdowns and I'm sure they will be pouring over it to work out their next set of adjustments.
23 Apr 2015, 05:34 AM
Patrion 28

You dumbass he's talking about current patch okw. 95% of those wins are from okw pre patch since their release. This is current patch talk. Lol you see 50+ win streaks for both allied faction and you still scream okw is OP despite them being heavily nerfed this CURRENT patch..

OKW as a whole was not heavily nerfed. obers were nerfed quite a bit but volks are roughly the same (better in certain citations, worse in others), raketen was buffed, schrecks were nerfed a tiny bit, and the lieg was buffed. what was nerfed was the over preforming stuff and everything that was buffed was under preforming before and is now significantly better, although none of it is OP.
23 Apr 2015, 06:27 AM

Its the allies who should get buffs, not the axis

You sound like a broken record or like one of Putin's paid internet trolls.
23 Apr 2015, 06:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 06:27 AMJohnnyB

Putin everywhere )))
23 Apr 2015, 07:27 AM

for those who say need to buff Allies should check my rank.

my allies all have 50 win Streak by now.

and Okw is so broken I dont even want to play it.......

So when you lose a game to Jesulin for example, it will mean allies up because you'll have -1?

Thats how reliable indicatoer of anything win streaks are.

You have similar win % ration with all factions, that is an indicator of balance if anything related to single playercard can be one.
23 Apr 2015, 08:21 AM
Donator 11

Truck pushing is not bad, it was the fact that there was no risk reward with it, just reward since you get a brand new truck for free if it dies and in time to not mess up your build order so thats eliminates the risk.

More micro potential is only good for the game but it should always be a risk reward with counter-micro potential otherwise its only frustrating for the recieving player.
23 Apr 2015, 11:34 AM

Permanently Banned

I shouldn't be forced to go a certain doctrine as US forces just to counter a stupid truck :p

The same argument could go for the sake of Axis in that Ostheer shouldn't be forced to go a certain doctrine (CAS) just to counter a stupid blob. (Conscripts, American Rifles, Guards, Shocks, you name it.) Yes we all know Volksgrens can blob with Panzershreks, cry me a river over it please.

A blob of unvetted Volksgrens or Grens vs a blob of conscripts or American Riflemen, I guarantee you the Americans and Conscripts would win.
23 Apr 2015, 11:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 11:34 AMUniform

The same argument could go for the sake of Axis in that Ostheer shouldn't be forced to go a certain doctrine (CAS) just to counter a stupid blob. (Conscripts, American Rifles, Guards, Shocks, you name it.) Yes we all know Volksgrens can blob with Panzershreks, cry me a river over it please.

A blob of unvetted Volksgrens or Grens vs a blob of conscripts or American Riflemen, I guarantee you the Americans and Conscripts would win.

Are you really that dumb to compare free, additional starting unit that used to grant you 100% win on first engagements to amassed infantry at mid/late game?
23 Apr 2015, 12:54 PM

for those who say need to buff Allies should check my rank.

my allies all have 50 win Streak by now.

and Okw is so broken I dont even want to play it.......

This is probably the most specious argument I've seen on any of these threads. By the same logic, I could take four coins, start flipping them, stop when two of them have a streak of 8 "heads" and two of them have just one "tails" and conclude that heads is OP and I'll never touch a coin again.

I hope that the people are Relic are smart enough to see through the fallacy of the argument and the obvious data manipulation.

In any case, they won't bring back truck pushing. A WWII strategy simulation is a somewhat niche game and most of the people that are into that genre will really be turned of by the ridiculousness of supply trucks pushing combat groups out of cover.
23 Apr 2015, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 11:47 AMKatitof

Are you really that dumb to compare free, additional starting unit that used to grant you 100% win on first engagements to amassed infantry at mid/late game?

like double LMG rifle blob ?
23 Apr 2015, 13:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 12:54 PMGrumpy

In any case, they won't bring back truck pushing. A WWII strategy simulation is a somewhat niche game and most of the people that are into that genre will really be turned of by the ridiculousness of supply trucks pushing combat groups out of cover.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Pushing has existed in various forms in the franchise. I doubt if it turned people off.

Bike push

Jeep push

Kettenkrad push (by somebody you might recognise)

23 Apr 2015, 13:40 PM

...Indeed, and Jeep + bike could kill models. Nobody said that it's unfair at that time. Still, truck hits the map earlier than those units did. Anyway this whole thing with pushing it's rather a complicated issue if we are to establish if it's legitimate tactic or not.
23 Apr 2015, 13:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Playercard streaks are meaningless info unless we know how many matches were played for each faction since after the patch. It's also ridiculous to try and argue balance based of the statistics of one player. Relic has access to the detailed breakdowns and I'm sure they will be pouring over it to work out their next set of adjustments.

Agree +
23 Apr 2015, 14:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 13:40 PMJohnnyB
...Indeed, and Jeep + bike could kill models. Nobody said that it's unfair at that time. Still, truck hits the map earlier than those units did. Anyway this whole thing with pushing it's rather a complicated issue if we are to establish if it's legitimate tactic or not.

I don't understand how you don't get it. People are not upset by pushing, it's a free unit doing work people are upset by. Bikes and keeps COST something, FREE trucks do not. Please try to get this by 're reading it. Over, and over until it hits you
23 Apr 2015, 14:27 PM

snip

Except... Jeep and Bike you had to pay for and ketten was the only unit PE started with and wasn't really tanky one, they didn't had STG PGs next to it at 0 min.
23 Apr 2015, 14:35 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 14:27 PMKatitof

Except... Jeep and Bike you had to pay for and ketten was the only unit PE started with and wasn't really tanky one, they didn't had STG PGs next to it at 0 min.

And OKW trucks can't cap, nor use doctrinal cloak.

We are running in circles here...

(personally i don't mind truck pushing, i do only truck scouting myself though, but it should have a drawback, which it kinda has now (more or less))
23 Apr 2015, 14:40 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 14:27 PMKatitof

I would be happy to pay for an SWS truck which did something (apart from blocking Semois bridges - I agree that is a 'no-no'). It seems to be more relevant now after the last patch, when Partisans with shreks or PTRS can cause mayhem on a buildings map like Semoisky, when those buildingds need to come down.
23 Apr 2015, 15:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 12:57 PMBlalord

like double LMG rifle blob ?

Allied fanboys defending double standats as always... Never gets old! Because I am bad and can't play with my units OKW is op and needs nerf. While Allies can control early mid and lategame no problem they call game balance.
23 Apr 2015, 15:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 06:27 AMJohnnyB

How he can pay them? Can u tell me? I am interested in this Job.
23 Apr 2015, 16:04 PM

The armor should be increased to were it's invulnerable to small arms, and just turn the collision with enemy infantry off.

It dies waaaay to fast now if even caught by a single enemy squad. But I would also be fine if the MP cost was moved to the truck and it made a call in in exchange for it being able to push the original stats.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak