russian armor

A letter to Relic COH2 Game balance team

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
23 Apr 2015, 16:13 PM

Why in everything he said you choose to debate on truck pushing ? o_o
23 Apr 2015, 16:45 PM

Re: OKW being hard to play this patch.

I think this is true in the anti tank department.

Yes, the Raketenwerfer was buffed. Yet the design has been "meh" to begin with. I don´t value it as effective as the other AT guns. 50 range is lackluster for an anti tank gun/ launcher.

The Schreck nerf hit a bit harder. OKW relied on that.

Other options are expensive and cost fuel.

Especially versus the Soviet call in meta losing one unit (Jagdpanzer IV, Panther) will cripple your anti tank performance as OKW so significant you will lose the game. Once an IS-2 shows up the Raketenwerfer is a liability.

That´s a huge gamble imo.

As Ostheer etc. you can at least get out Paks or cheaper tank hunters (StuG, Su-85) or medium tanks. As OKW you are stuck with short range AT and here and there one vehicle.
23 Apr 2015, 17:18 PM

As far as 3v3 and 4v4 go this is the best patch yet IMO since western front armies were introduced. Obers and Volks got proper nerfs they are still plenty durable late game but allied infantry now actually has a chance to go toe to toe with them before there was just no chance against blobs of okw inf even with arty supporting your inf. KT and Panthers can actually be punished for getting out of position that has been needed forever and they can't just simply back there tank up with there rear facing a building if they do get caught cause we actually have a chance to pen the front now. This use to lead allies into potentially losing all our tanks as it would literally bounce 10 shots off the front with us only needing like one more pen hit to kill but by a miracle it still survived. It gave axis too much time to react with shrek mobs trying to kill one.

They gave Wermacht proper buffs which they indeed needed.

My only complaint is they put a lot of time into balancing counterpart units and decreasing lethality on both sides as far as arty goes but they did not touch the stukka that thing still IMO wipes squads like crazy and can sometimes be unavoidable even if you insta retreat they might still guess your retreat path which can be easy to do on some maps. It is far better than the katusha is.
23 Apr 2015, 17:30 PM

OKW have the weakest early game now by a long shot now that Ostheer T1 is much more powerful. Ostheer is also much easier to play considering you have all the tools you need to deal with enemy units without having to blob up.

Things OKW needs:

1. Reliable/Real AT gun (the Rackten is still trash due to it's extremely poor survivability combined with low range)

2. A cheap piece of medium armor to bridge the gap between light vehicles and heavy tanks.

3. Some sort of MP dump to stop the insane MP float thanks to not being able to spend it on tanks or support weapons.

4. More support weapons.

One good Idea Iv heard is give the MG34 much higher damage while keeping it's ROF and accuracy lower than the 42's and swapping the Kubel with it.
23 Apr 2015, 18:31 PM

Truck pushing was BS and everyone knows it, I still don't see why it's still being debated. This problem was in the WFA alpha and Relic came out and said using trucks to push units/crush was not the intended use of the vehicle. First off the whole tactic was shady shit to begin with, if you were a fair player you didn't do it. Second, it looked ridiculous when these trucks were just rolling up and trying to run your guys over. Good riddance it isn't in game anymore.:thumbsup:
23 Apr 2015, 20:40 PM

Permanently Banned
We complaining about free units? What about usf getting free squads upon teching without having to build any structures? lolol.
23 Apr 2015, 20:44 PM

I like how people think the shreck accuracy nerf actually did anything...

Protip : shrecks still are pretty much 100% accurate due to their scatter which means that even "missed" shots will still hit because the rocket will end up scattering into the tanks hitbox.
23 Apr 2015, 20:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 20:44 PMBurts

Protip : shrecks still are pretty much 100% accurate due to their scatter which means that even "missed" shots will still hit because the rocket will end up scattering into the tanks hitbox.

Sir, are you high?
23 Apr 2015, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 20:49 PMPorygon

Sir, are you high?

.... This is why i dont post on the forums much anymore..

23 Apr 2015, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 20:53 PMBurts

.... This is why i dont post on the forums much anymore..

Indeed you shouldn't, especially the nonsense you typed above.
23 Apr 2015, 21:11 PM

The armor should be increased to were it's invulnerable to small arms, and just turn the collision with enemy infantry off.

It dies waaaay to fast now if even caught by a single enemy squad. But I would also be fine if the MP cost was moved to the truck and it made a call in in exchange for it being able to push the original stats.

yes pls, okw truck sitting in allied base giving no fucks for atleast 6 minutes anyone?
aaa
23 Apr 2015, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 20:44 PMBurts

I suppose rpg nerf whiners cant distinguish a rpg hit from a missed shot. I suppose its just talking machines. What ever they talking is interely irelevant.
There were no rpg nerf obviously. OKW was cheating-like fraction from beggining and up until now they are. Minor ober nerf only took away some of their most OP blobbing capabilities. But there are quite a lot of this kind left.
23 Apr 2015, 21:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 21:40 PMaaa

I suppose rpg nerf whiners cant distinguish a rpg hit from a missed shot. I suppose its just talking machines. What ever they talking is interely irelevant.
There were no rpg nerf obviously. OKW was cheating-like fraction from beggining and up until now they are. Minor ober nerf only took away some of their most OP blobbing capabilities. But there are quite a lot of this kind left.

did you even play okw in a 1v1 scenario post patch? im starting to doubt it
aaa
23 Apr 2015, 21:48 PM

dont have okw. I play only 1v1 any game.
23 Apr 2015, 22:09 PM

Permanently Banned
Big issue for me. This is more a structural problem rather than an individual unit problem. And i'm not sure how much of an issue it really is. But way back when they nerfed teching for the base factions to extend early and mid game. Why the hell is it that okw can get pumas and flak halftracks at the 5-6 minute mark? Same for usf with the 4:50 minute m20s. As far as counters go you have to put in a large amount more of micro to get rid of these when playing soviets or ostheer. But if you push them back any further than there'd be no point not to wait for tanks.

My point is. The early game and mid game need to be extended by 1-2 more minutes.

I suggest Increasing cost of the mechanized company and lieutenant by 10-20 fuel.

Or decreasing ost t2 costs by 10, but increasing ost t3 cost by 20. For soviets I have no idea. On one hand t34s can come out at 10 minute mark, but pushing that back any further might make them to shit to use.
23 Apr 2015, 22:14 PM

yes pls, okw truck sitting in allied base giving no fucks for atleast 6 minutes anyone?

HMG fire could still hurt it, but it dying to small arms like Mosins and whatnot is dumb considering the fact it's a huge well armored half track.

Still, would be much easier just to give it back it's original stats and make it a 200 MP call in and shave the MP cost off the building itself.
23 Apr 2015, 22:36 PM

Revert Sturms to their old form, truck pushing was a crutch to keep initial sturm engagements viable post-sturm nerf and with it removed it just exposes how anaemic OKW early game really is.

Volks are fine, it's when you factor in that all their supporting units early game that are under-preforming is what gimps OKW.
23 Apr 2015, 22:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 22:36 PMRollo
Revert Sturms to their old form, truck pushing was a crutch to keep initial sturm engagements viable post-sturm nerf and with it removed it just exposes how anaemic OKW early game really is.

Volks are fine, it's when you factor in that all their supporting units early game that are under-preforming is what gimps OKW.

No, it wasn't.
You have Kubel for that.
23 Apr 2015, 23:06 PM
Donator 11

buff okw?? not really only the AA HF buff a bit more live so it gets 3 shoots from at gun to die just that will make a huge impact in middle and early game !

its a good vehicle but getting kiled by 2 shoots makes dificult to set im up and protcet it too baby siting so will depend the opponent level of skils ´

ober's are fine now they were abusive before having 70 kills it 1 ober soldat it was crazy

so for me a perfect balance will be a AA hf buff on is health

but a fuel increase to make it fair when its wet 5 it's so good that can
face a t70 penetrating a few shhots its just the veterancy that make okw super good to play so requir a huge micro and baby siting units

just my opinion if they buff the AA HF health will make more easy to use it at least taking 3 shots make the vehicle more useful in game because
facing a huge blob of cons or rifles blobbing you choose its to run or get destroy

just my oponion !! AA HF buff will help !

I dont think AAHT need to buff. it is HT not a tank.
23 Apr 2015, 23:09 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 03:21 AMaaa
Despite winining streak you still have higher win % as OKw than SU.
And with that win% you are only 14, so those who above you they most likely have 99% winrate. No wonder with this fraction.
OKW is broken they are overpowered.
People who cannot control their units at all, lossing 70% of the map simply sit around their shooting building and getting deathball to A clik.
KT is like a cheating, most stupid unit ever in any RTS game there is no such insanity.
What people who play 2v2 33 44 can know about balance. Those modes are 100% idiotic

I play soviet and ostheer since I am a noob. got it?
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
unknown 13
France 1
New Zealand 23

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L