Login

russian armor

Patch March 31st changelog

PAGES (29)down
31 Mar 2015, 14:29 PM

Good things about this patch: New maps, shit maps removed. Glad to see Relic at least listing to everyone in that regard.

I really liked Rostov. I assume it was disliked due to imbalance? I though it was cool starting from either side and I don't really feel I won more frequently on either side. Rostov will be missed.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 14:23 PMAvNY

you write this as if having choices of play style is a bad thing.

I meant that armor "playstyle" as ost will probably not be viable against USF. One less playstyle.
31 Mar 2015, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 13:16 PMofield

If it hits a squad, it gets suppressed. Works well in conjunction with infantry in order to reduce their suppression recovery. It works well vs blob, rather RNG dependent vs single squads.

Very cool. Sounds like Fear Prop.
31 Mar 2015, 14:37 PM
Donator 11

Very sad to see such a patch.
Make no mistake guys, this patch has been the first one since a very long time (more than 4 months?)

A lot of good people left and are now looking back on the forum, but will be leaving as fast as they came.
Call-ins? Shreks on obers? e-sport? Just in general 1000 things that touch the game's core is not changed.

Congratz to those who keep up thinking this game is going anywhere.
Face the facts yo'.

I remember you ran a tournament and went afk and the stream stared 15 minutes in fow. I think that made people leave the game more than this patch will, just sayin'.
31 Mar 2015, 14:47 PM

With the current meta most ost players just save for tigers any way that combined with paks,shreks and tellers will deal with an is2 not to mention twp and if the ost player does go t3 he'll have at least 2-3 p4s before an is2 pops out

Dude people have been use Tiger call in meta for months now. Nobody will make the PIV just because it dies in one less shot to Jacksons. Ostheer teching is still bloody expensive.

And a 5 second look at the stats of the IS2 and Tiger can tell you that they are not an even match up. Especially if the IS2 player is smart and screens for tellers, don't even need engineers to get rid of them, just use attack ground.

2-3 P4's = No Tiger for a long time.

I really liked Rostov. I assume it was disliked due to imbalance? I though it was cool starting from either side and I don't really feel I won more frequently on either side. Rostov will be missed.

You could demo the bridges to essentially prevent any movement from the north into the city. Or just lock them down with MG's while you attack ground them to death.

Who ever rushed the buildings won the game, essentially, which was easier for OKW because Sturms and easier for Soviets because indirect fire + demos.
31 Mar 2015, 14:58 PM

A couple of us Bears took time off of work tomorrow (Wednesday) to cast. We will be playing the new Hill 331 for those that are interested.
31 Mar 2015, 15:06 PM

Dude people have been use Tiger call in meta for months now. Nobody will make the PIV just because it dies in one less shot to Jacksons. Ostheer teching is still bloody expensive.

And a 5 second look at the stats of the IS2 and Tiger can tell you that they are not an even match up. Especially if the IS2 player is smart and screens for tellers, don't even need engineers to get rid of them, just use attack ground.

2-3 P4's = No Tiger for a long time.

You could demo the bridges to essentially prevent any movement from the north into the city. Or just lock them down with MG's while you attack ground them to death.

Who ever rushed the buildings won the game, essentially, which was easier for OKW because Sturms and easier for Soviets because indirect fire + demos.

You mean the axis actually have to use combined arms? Wow this is a travesty how dare relic force a faction to not spam 1-2 units to when a game the horror,you're right about other teaching but it only seriously impedes t4 you can still tech t3 its just not cost effective which also affects the soviets
31 Mar 2015, 15:09 PM

Scrub, learn to play? Haha dude, how old are you exactly, 15? Some manners would not hurt you, or are you looking to become Katitof the second? Have you actually played OH in this patch? I play all factions, 1s and 2s, and yes, "Allied" players fighting Tigers and Panthers with stock units have supremely hard time - which is why the call in meta exists - quelle surprise.

your crying because you can't use combined arms to kill a tank, what's do you want the tiger to be a kt lite?your playing a faction with the best at options in the game this a l2p issue
31 Mar 2015, 15:11 PM

I wonder how and if PTRS on cons and partisans will be affected as well.
31 Mar 2015, 15:12 PM

omg.....please alex, this is not your blog....really bored of you posting and posting and posting same things in every thread....

please, stop with that....

it is ok you are so active, but come on!! this is not your blog man.

sorry for the off-topic....
31 Mar 2015, 15:19 PM

You mean the axis actually have to use combined arms? Wow this is a travesty how dare relic force a faction to not spam 1-2 units to when a game the horror,you're right about other teaching but it only seriously impedes t4 you can still tech t3 its just not cost effective which also affects the soviets

Except as Soviets you can afford to skip teching far more easier than Ostheer can. Ostheer call in's are almost all centered around late game, while Soviets have more mid game call in options. Remember that the IS2 comes in at 11 CP.

And the issue for Ostheer is the shear fragility of it's units. The Pak40 is much much easier to decrew than the ZiS gun, and spamming mines for Soviets really isn't much of a challenge while Ostheer needs to constantly pay munitions for various things like bunkers/upgrades/ect.

The IS2 with support is much better than a Tiger with support, and it's an issue because the IS2 and Tiger cost exactly the same.

your crying because you can't use combined arms to kill a tank, what's do you want the tiger to be a kt lite?your playing a faction with the best at options in the game this a l2p issue

Axis doesn't have the best AT options in the game outside the super heavy TD's, which allies have no equivalent to. And if your talking about a KT lite, that is literally what the IS2 is right now.

Ostheer is a bad spot because of multiple issues beyond their teching being inefficient.

I wonder how and if PTRS on cons and partisans will be affected as well.

They use the same PTRS as guards, so yes they will be better now.
31 Mar 2015, 15:21 PM

Permanently Banned

Axis doesn't have the best AT options in the game

Why are u not banned yet?

This statement proves u are a troll
31 Mar 2015, 15:29 PM

Why are u not banned yet?

This statement proves u are a troll

The Pak40 has only 10 more penetration than the ZiS gun while being more fragile. They are about equal as far as performance goes with the Pak just having a better vet ability while the ZiS has much more utility.

If we are talking tit for tat USF now has the best medium TD in the game, Ostheer still doesn't have one, OKW has the least mobile one in the game.

Axis has 3 thing allies don't have a equivalent to: The Elefant, The Jadgtiger, and the Pak43.
31 Mar 2015, 15:30 PM

Nobody will make the PIV just because it dies in one less shot to Jacksons. Ostheer teching is still bloody expensive.

Quoted for truth.
31 Mar 2015, 15:33 PM

Soviet's sniper flare ability moved to vet 1, so scouting will be delayed.... Sure vet 1 not that hard to get, but the delay will hurt, it's much needed for mortar or Katyusha.
31 Mar 2015, 15:35 PM

Permanently Banned

The Pak40 has only 10 more penetration than the ZiS gun while being more fragile. They are about equal as far as performance goes with the Pak just having a better vet ability while the ZiS has much more utility.

If we are talking tit for tat USF now has the best medium TD in the game, Ostheer still doesn't have one, OKW has the least mobile one in the game.

Axis has 3 thing allies don't have a equivalent to: The Elefant, The Jadgtiger, and the Pak43.

Soo many things to correct and variables u ignore

I wont waste my time
31 Mar 2015, 15:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

:D It's okay to be excited when your favorite faction gets a well deserved buff right? I'm sure German only players will be doing backflips and singing the German national anthem once Ost Gets their well deserved buff, which by the way I have been clamoring for.(so I'm not 100% fanboy,only 70% Kappa)

I mean I've tested all the factions in all modes and I found the one I like. Isn't that what you're supposed to do?
Or am I obligated to play 6000404 games with all factions and all modes?

USF has been a masochist struggle alongside ostheer as the third and fourth best factions.

The red headed stepchildren of coh2.

, and finally it's USF time to be "OP" and turn the tide on OKW.

What's wrong with that MVGame
31 Mar 2015, 15:40 PM

Balance wise only improvements.

Soviet + ISU will own everything now tough.

A shame they didn 't touch stuff like USF 50 cal...
31 Mar 2015, 15:41 PM

Alexzandvar raises alot of fair points.
31 Mar 2015, 15:44 PM

Soo many things to correct and variables u ignore

I wont waste my time

Axis have better late game AT, but until you hit Elefant/Jadg time you can hold the advantage as Allies without a large amount of issues. Even the mighty Pak43 still has limited range + a exposed crew, the premier IS2 doctrine has Incendiary barrage for a reason.

Just because you buy into the silly Krupp steel meme doesn't mean the rest of us do.
31 Mar 2015, 16:17 PM

and finally it's USF time to be "OP" and turn the tide on OKW.

What's wrong with that MVGame

The objective is to have balance between all of the factions and the point of one being OP shows that the patch isn't as good as it could be.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS