Login

russian armor

Patch March 31st changelog

PAGES (29)down
31 Mar 2015, 11:55 AM

Same for you to me. The thing is you play OH and yet, you really do not know a lot about the game.

Like what?Like i said go make snipers ,maintain field presence against rifles,then tech and reach pak to counter light vehicle while he gets free unit ,pwn usf.Then talk.Ur a dreamer who has little idea abt ost play.
31 Mar 2015, 11:57 AM
Benefactor 115

I see loads of people don't fully understand what the changes mean. I recommend you all read Corp. Shephard's Breakdown first and then post after reading it.
31 Mar 2015, 11:58 AM

Let the patch go live,let me see u pwn usf with ur amazing sniper micro at 360 mp..while still maintaining field presence against americans..and then spend desperate MP for teching and 320 more mp for pak while he gets free unit and brings out the light vehicle of doom.You have zero idea of earlygame ost ground realities.

You should try watching CaptainSPrice play OSt sometime.

Opens with sniper..
31 Mar 2015, 11:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 11:08 AMgokkel

Since allied squads have usually bigger squad sizes (yeah ok, not USF MG and AT gun) I disagree.

Well, you can, but it was already proven mathematically that ost sniper is vastly superior in firepower to sov sniper even if we take into account squad differences.
And that was before WFA and lower squad size USF and 5-6 men OKW squads.
Right now, after a loooong time of being underused the ost sniper makes a comeback and its going to be huge.
I know I'll use it much more often now, especially vs USF.
jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 11:16 AMofield

Hey Kati, take a look at my signature, gotcha!

Now you need to find new quote :D
31 Mar 2015, 12:01 PM
Donator 11

I see loads of people don't fully understand what the changes mean. I recommend you all read Corp. Shephard's Breakdown first and then post after reading it.

Thanks for that :)
31 Mar 2015, 12:05 PM

Like what?Like i said go make snipers ,maintain field presence against rifles,then tech and reach pak to counter light vehicle while he gets free unit ,pwn usf.Then talk.Ur a dreamer who has little idea abt ost play.

CaptainSPrice have no problem owning USF with sniper openings and he does it right now, with fragile sniper.
But then again he knows how to micro and how to play, which might be the difference between him and you.
I can only see his sniper strat becoming godly powerful now that the sniper is over twice as durable.
31 Mar 2015, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 12:05 PMKatitof

CaptainSPrice have no problem owning USF with sniper openings and he does it right now, with fragile sniper.
But then again he knows how to micro and how to play, which might be the difference between him and you.
I can only see his sniper strat becoming godly powerful now that the sniper is over twice as durable.

USF is kindergarden to play in 1v1 vs. Ost. so please, they just became 2 units that are now stronger to deal with this.
31 Mar 2015, 12:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 11:30 AMgokkel

Yes I have and it is a nice ability (although I find they could have emphasized more on the "stun" effect than the fact that you can kill multiple squad members), but it is not free either.

I do think the Sniper will be more useful now and looking forward to it myself, I just disagree that the change is too big or makes it somehow overpowered in comparison to the Soviet Sniper.

Oh no no I don't think the OST sniper will become OP at all, the HP buff was definitely warranted! I'm just happy that he's become more viable now.
31 Mar 2015, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 12:05 PMKatitof

Of course Captain S Price, Jesulin, and so on will beat him and me and you with any faction against any faction using any tactics. What is this proving, you COH2 guru?
Problem is if I play against him using what you described, I could still beat him? If you are playing like this against him, you will still be able to beat him? By playing the game you should understand what am I talking about. Oh wait...
31 Mar 2015, 12:33 PM

This is quite disappointing for a patch 6 months in the works tbh...

Also, nerf Obersoldaten but don't reduce their cost ?
Huge buff to Jackson and huge nerf to KT's armor at the same time ? Why did they even touch the KT (except combat blitz) in the first place ? It's extremely hard to obtain in term of tech investment and prevents you to get any other vehicle unless you delay the KT itself...

I just hope they won't take as long to revert (or reduce) these changes as it took them with the Katyusha and the Kübelwagen.

Also, more than 9 months of WFA and still no fucking new commanders... I mean, I'm happy about new maps, but really...?

The Obers didnt recieve a massive nerf, we have not seen them yet but they should remain fine if people buy the lmgs on them (which still fire on the move, and obers still dodge bullets). Their price might get adjusted in the next patch but they are long ranged super infantry whom can sit back and out dps almost anything.

Why did they touch the KT? because its armor was so massive it made killing them a over tedious joke. There is a video on the trending of a KT driving up, hitting a mine, and killing 4 at guns from the front. If your KT can survive this, what hope is there? nothing short of heavy tanks can stop them. The changes were made so that other tanks can actually accomplish something against them. They are still the biggest squad wipers in the game with one of the highest health pools facing the worst AT guns and hand held AT. it will still be strong, especially in team games where the obtaining problem is non existent
31 Mar 2015, 12:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 12:26 PMJohnnyB

Of course Captain S Price, Jesulin, and so on will beat him and me and you with any faction against any faction using any tactics. What is this proving, you COH2 guru?
Problem is if I play against him using what you described, I could still beat him? If you are playing like this against him, you will still be able to beat him? By playing the game you should understand what am I talking about. Oh wait...

Sniper openings against USF are powerful, you just have to take the time to learn how to use it.

You know that problem that Ost has against Soviet snipers? well USF has an even harder time countering them. the only thing that stops snipers from completely ravaging USF is how devastating the fast light vehicles are to Ostheer. If you ever run into a USF player who goes captain, he is going to have the worst time getting rid of that supported sniper
31 Mar 2015, 12:42 PM

Stop being a scrub and l2p allied players has to fight tigers and Panthers with t34,mine,zis combo sine release which is weaker than the German counter part. Your whining is obnoxious

Ostheer has to invest a massive amount of fuel into getting Panthers, and Tigers are not hard to penetrate with the ZiS gun. The IS has 75 more armor on it's front than a Tiger does and the Pak40 only has 10 more pen than the ZiS, I assume you can put two and two together and realize why the IS2 is so in the meta right now.

It's large AoE, combined with it's cheap cost thanks to being a call in unit mean's it's not hard to just refuse to go t3 or t4, wait for an IS2 and when just roll over the enemy through squad wipes.

This patch makes me predict the Elefant will finally be in the lime light like it was pre-WFA for killing those pesky ISU's.

Good things about this patch: New maps, shit maps removed. Glad to see Relic at least listing to everyone in that regard.
31 Mar 2015, 12:53 PM

2 jacksons 290 fuel?
Panther teching plus unit cost is insane just to get one.

Thing is ost alreday has weakest earlygame,weakest lategame infantry,weakest indirect fire and now weakest lategame armor.With these costs for teching ost will never be a viable faction.

What does any of this have to do with the changes in this patch, though? The Jacksons only performs moderately better against the Panther (62.5% chance to penetrate each shot versus 50% chance to penetrate previously) and Tiger in terms of penetration (66% instead of 53%), while moderately worse against the T3 set-piece unit, the Panzer IV (33% more shots to kill).

Not only this, but the Tiger itself has such high HP (1040) that the OLD Jackson took 5 penetrating hits to kill them (1040 / 240 = 4.33), while the NEW Jackson takes 6 penetrating hits to destroy it (1040 / 200 = 5.2). So, that's not even a net benefit against the Tiger, arguably it's worse for the Jackson. Someone should crunch the numbers to see precisely how much worse it is.

PzIV - Clearly worse
Panther - Clearly better
Tiger - Ambiguously worse

Is this really some buff that's going to ruin Ostheer? Does anybody even use the Panther in OH 1v1s? Doesn't everybody stall for Heavies or go T3+Tiger Ace? Or maybe even LW doctrine?
31 Mar 2015, 12:54 PM

With the current meta most ost players just save for tigers any way that combined with paks,shreks and tellers will deal with an is2 not to mention twp and if the ost player does go t3 he'll have at least 2-3 p4s before an is2 pops out
meh
31 Mar 2015, 12:58 PM

This is such garbage for 5 months of work. I guess it's observe for 4.5 months, work for .5 month. I wish I could do something like that in my current job and still retain the same pay check if not more. Except in my current role my customers base (users) are in the multi-millions and we are actually forced to move at a quicker rate or risk becoming obsolete and losing some $$$ from loyal user base.
31 Mar 2015, 13:00 PM

So basically Guards now will have 0.22/0.5/0.6 chance to deal 40 damage to infantry with every PTRS shot and they will always hit vehicles?

I laughed harder than i should have. XD
31 Mar 2015, 13:00 PM

So basically Guards now will have 0.22/0.5/0.6 chance to deal 40 damage to infantry with every PTRS shot and they will always hit vehicles?

I laughed harder than i should have at that gif. XD
31 Mar 2015, 13:01 PM

With the current meta most ost players just save for tigers any way that combined with paks,shreks and tellers will deal with an is2 not to mention twp and if the ost player does go t3 he'll have at least 2-3 p4s before an is2 pops out

Tiger is joke vs is-2,and pak shreck have trouble penetrating it.Teller is luck.
Is-2 player will have to be pretty piss to let u bring all that support while he brings none of his.
As for 2-3 pz4s,not a single one of them will penetrate is-2.U can have 5-6 pz 4s,it won't matter.
31 Mar 2015, 13:02 PM

Tiger is joke vs is-2,and pak shreck have trouble penetrating it.Teller is luck.
Is-2 player will have to be pretty piss to let u bring all that support while he brings none of his.
As for 2-3 pz4s,not a single one of them will penetrate is-2.U can have 5-6 pz 4s,it won't matter.
l2p issue
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight