Login

russian armor

Assault Engineers UP

9 Feb 2015, 18:12 PM

They are also 4 men squad designed to fight units with guns for 5-6 men.
9 Feb 2015, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2015, 18:09 PMRMMLz
You are missing the point guys. OK let's call them "4 dudez with grease guns" if the name is an issue for you. These "dudez with grease guns" have good utility (repair, demo charge, worthless mines, build cache) and can be upgraded with Flamers. They do good DPS (48 at point blank).

So, these "dudez with grease guns" are good for flanking enemy's MGs, specially in urban maps (Ettlebruck, stalingrad, and semosiky to some degree). They have good synergy with rifles (Smoke and send them in) and you can use them late game for repairs without abandoning your tank.

When I said they are not Shock units, I was not comparing them to Soviet Shock troops. I meant that they are not designed to frontally assault the enemy. They are doctrinal units which perform well. Every time I play USF in ettlebruck (2v2) I call them in and they perform very well, specially their demo charge.

Do not argue about their name, units are performing based on their role, price, weapon etc. You do not balance a unit because its name dictates it to do something else.

"units are performing based on their role, price, weapon etc."

Apparently not. I thought an smg was supposed to beat an assault rifle at point blank range. Although I have been informed that sturmpios assault rifles have ascended to god tier and are now supposed to have great close range damage. This is my fault since I have been playing casually for a long time and I thought the game was still balanced around rock paper scissors (smgs, assault rifles, rifles, and then lmgs just wreck everything).

Unit role is assault engineers, by name and loadout and they suck at it. 280 mp is too much.
9 Feb 2015, 19:10 PM

Well if they do not have, there will be a lot of rage on Internet. I think they need all of that.

I clearly see that the AE absolutely suck okw and even ostheer balls as combat unit.

USF already have units like tank crews or rear echelones to repair tanks and etc. Don't need another trollsupport unit. Move them to soviets please.

10 Feb 2015, 14:46 PM

"units are performing based on their role, price, weapon etc."

Apparently not. I thought an smg was supposed to beat an assault rifle at point blank range. Although I have been informed that sturmpios assault rifles have ascended to god tier and are now supposed to have great close range damage. This is my fault since I have been playing casually for a long time and I thought the game was still balanced around rock paper scissors (smgs, assault rifles, rifles, and then lmgs just wreck everything).

Unit role is assault engineers, by name and loadout and they suck at it. 280 mp is too much.

You are quite wrong.
According to my experience and to the stats stormpios and assault engis are fairly equal dps wise on their effective ranges, usually positioning, closing in decides who wins this engagement.
Ingame the Stg44 of Stormpios behave more like SMGs statewise, since their Stg44 differs from the Panzergrenadier ones.

Historically, the Stg44 had also a higher rate of fire if compared to the Grease gun.

Now check the Assault Grenadiers , they have less dps, while costing the same and having less utility(but at least they have one additional entity :foreveralone: )
This shows that Assault Engis are perfectly fine.
10 Feb 2015, 15:16 PM

AE are the only good abbility off Armored Commander. Perform well.
10 Feb 2015, 15:21 PM
Donator 11

I feel like they were over nerfed as two of them can't kill strum pioz while standing still both in gray cover. Often times they don't lasts long enough to get to vet 2 and their flame thrower explodes quite often.

This on top of a sub par doctrine makes this unit rly lack luster
10 Feb 2015, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 15:21 PMMittens
I feel like they were over nerfed as two of them can't kill strum pioz while standing still both in gray cover. Often times they don't lasts long enough to get to vet 2 and their flame thrower explodes quite often.

This on top of a sub par doctrine makes this unit rly lack luster

They questions is "Should they defeat Sturmpios?"
10 Feb 2015, 16:47 PM

Making them able to defeat Sturmpio's would be another nail in the coffin for axis early game. If you want to buff them just make it so they have less super close range DPS and better dps over their entire range scale. This should also be done with every SMG/Assault Rifle in the game but w/e.
10 Feb 2015, 17:35 PM

They are fine. Just give them 5th man with vet 2.

Don't charge with them, let your enemy focus fire on Rifles first.
10 Feb 2015, 19:30 PM

5th man at vet 2..end of story :D
10 Feb 2015, 20:52 PM

I dont know about a 5th man guys, USF already struggle with Man Power drain. I just think they need to be cheaper to 240 MP.
10 Feb 2015, 20:56 PM

I dont know about a 5th man guys, USF already struggle with Man Power drain. I just think they need to be cheaper to 240 MP.

Stop expecting a cheaper squad to WTFPAWN a more expensive squad...

Just lay demo's everywhere and wipe infantry like a normal person. Its certainly worth the price.
10 Feb 2015, 21:01 PM

Just lay demo's everywhere and wipe infantry like a normal person.

I seemed to have missed that lesson in grade school :rofl:
10 Feb 2015, 21:17 PM

Stop expecting a cheaper squad to WTFPAWN a more expensive squad...

Just lay demo's everywhere and wipe infantry like a normal person. Its certainly worth the price.

lol combat Engineer "WTFPAWN" expensive squads all the time but half the price.
10 Feb 2015, 21:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Ass engees are fine

Just give the same vet buffs as RE's

Then we can have our rangers
10 Feb 2015, 23:47 PM

"Assengies complement the much stronger rifles."

That is the problem, for 280 mp assengies suck compared to other things.

Unless you meant something else. From what I can gather your logic is that assengies shouldn't be buffed since USF has too many strong other units. Well that logic is what leaves USF with the boring rifle spam builds you see now.

Like the 280 mp USF mg. somehow that is fair since rifles are strong. But I'll leave that complaining for another post. (but for real USF mp costs are too high).

Point being, different units in different factions offers different synergies, interact with one another in a different manner, which is why a direct unit to unit comparison is sometimes moot. Engies IMO bring unique capabilities and options to the table - flamers for once, and most importantly, demos. One well placed demo can wipe an entire Volksblob - Riflemen, for all their AI strength cannot match that.
11 Feb 2015, 00:10 AM

Well you'd have to reduce the DPS to make it fair for the reduced cost then. Reduce DPS to 41.52 (10.38 per man) from 48.03 (12.01 per man). For comparison, Assault Grenadiers are 42.45 (8.49 per man). That's 60 manpower per man vs 56 manpower per man.
11 Feb 2015, 00:17 AM

Well you'd have to reduce the DPS to make it fair for the reduced cost then. Reduce DPS to 41.52 (10.38 per man) from 48.03 (12.01 per man). For comparison, Assault Grenadiers are 42.45 (8.49 per man). That's 60 manpower per man vs 56 manpower per man.

Didnt they nerf the DPS of the Assault Engineers on the first post WFA patch?
11 Feb 2015, 00:45 AM

Didnt they nerf the DPS of the Assault Engineers on the first post WFA patch?
Yes, you used to see tons of Ass Gren spam before they were moved to 280 MP and have their close range DPS heavily nerfed. They are also much more fragile since the changes to armor/received accuracy.
11 Feb 2015, 01:15 AM
Patrion 28

they used to have 72dps
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 380
United States 25
unknown 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W