Login

russian armor

While We Wait For Balance Patch

30 Jan 2015, 16:51 PM
Donator 11

Since the balance is pretty off and the next patch is supposed to be a bug patch, why don't we do a event using some of the cool balance mods out there or something. Do like 1 day where we all switch over and play on custom maps or something

Would anyone else be interested in this?
30 Jan 2015, 16:57 PM

I vote for Kappatch personally. Best balance mod I have used. I would be time permitting but I am US and pretty busy professionally at the moment.
30 Jan 2015, 17:02 PM
Patrion 28

who is going to organize the event?
30 Jan 2015, 17:12 PM

I'd join but my computer is fried and i don't know when i can afford a new one.
30 Jan 2015, 17:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Can automatch search for modded games? COH1 could do that to an extent, I think. The alternative would be to meet in the COH2.ORG chat room in game and look for partners.
30 Jan 2015, 17:22 PM
Patrion 14

I still miss the StuG event someone ran. We all built StuGs and got beaten really, really badly. Still it was fun, cuz, y'now, schtoooog.
30 Jan 2015, 17:25 PM

Permanently Banned
Can automatch search for modded games? COH1 could do that to an extent, I think. The alternative would be to meet in the COH2.ORG chat room in game and look for partners.

No, although you can make a public lobby game to do so.
30 Jan 2015, 17:27 PM
Donator 11

I could stream the event if people want you won't have to get a new computer to watch. I think coh just needs something to do.

I could organize it but I'm not sure if the kappa patch has been fixed/updated If that's what we're looking to try
30 Jan 2015, 18:00 PM

I wanna see a 1942 mod, basically like the theatre of war missions where you only have access to early war units.

The heaviest units would be KV-1s and Tigers, but most combat would be with infantry and light vehicles. ATGs would be the soviet 45mm and axis 37mm guns, vehicles would mostly be scout cars, halftracks and P3/BT-series tanks. Teching up would get you P4 (stubby) and T-34/76s. All you'd need to do is add a Panzer 3 and an early war soviet tank model.

You could also mod the US faction into an early war one for the afrika campaign.
30 Jan 2015, 18:04 PM
Donator 11

I wanna see a 1942 mod, basically like the theatre of war missions where you only have access to early war units.

The heaviest units would be KV-1s and Tigers, but most combat would be with infantry and light vehicles. ATGs would be the soviet 45mm and axis 37mm guns, vehicles would mostly be scout cars, halftracks and P3/BT-series tanks. Teching up would get you P4 (stubby) and T-34/76s. All you'd need to do is add a Panzer 3 and an early war soviet tank model.

You could also mod the US faction into an early war one for the afrika campaign.

Can you import modeps into coh? I know I've seen destroyed t26's bit I feel like we could just use the t-70 and su-76
30 Jan 2015, 18:31 PM
Benefactor 115

you cant add new assets yet I believe which sucks for people wanting to do TC mods.
30 Jan 2015, 19:59 PM

Permanently Banned
I just went into the Public games lobby and played a mod called "Spearhead" or something like that.

Jesus Christ the horror.

Ostheer LMGs could shoot all the way across the map as long as they had LOS through the fog of war and they suppressed, mortars one-shotted squads all day, and you could fire a rifle grenade farther than a sniper could fire in vanilla CoH2.

Public Games mods... never again.
30 Jan 2015, 21:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2015, 21:00 PMKatitof

Sounds like jaigens and auses wet dream balance.
Should PM them the name of the mod.

Not mine,i only want small buffs to units that are clearly underused/weak.Not OP units.If i wanted to play to win by using OP stuff i would play OKW.I like wehr becase it has the classic coh1 vanilla feel- at least used to,not becoz i have german fetish.
31 Jan 2015, 01:55 AM
Donator 11

Well Kappa patch 2 is out so Would like to do a day where we all switch to custom games sometime next week
31 Jan 2015, 07:25 AM

Since the next patch is bugs only patch i'm inclined to just shelve the game untill some sort of balance patch comes out. If people just left en masse it may send relic a message.But.....

the problem with this community is too many people just persevere, probably because bad coh is better than no coh.

The balance issues i have are mainly USF vs OST and certain map issues.
31 Jan 2015, 18:46 PM
Donator 11

Since the next patch is bugs only patch i'm inclined to just shelve the game untill some sort of balance patch comes out. If people just left en masse it may send relic a message.But.....

the problem with this community is too many people just persevere, probably because bad coh is better than no coh.

The balance issues i have are mainly USF vs OST and certain map issues.
\

While USF vs OST is an issue. OKW shrek blobs is the root of the issue that needs to be addressed. We should do a community lead Kappatch 2 play through day
1 Feb 2015, 09:39 AM

I've read the changelog for Kappatch 2. It has some great ideas in it, and it's fair to say that whilst *some* of the stuff in Kappatch 1 could probably be implemented in the live build, a lot of the stuff in Kappatch 2 is just there to be tested, or down to personal whim of the author. That's how mods work.

I don't know Cruzzi personally but he seems like an interesting personality and I enjoy reading about the changes in his mods (I'm sad, I like reading changelogs) but all I'll say to some of you is: be careful what you wish for.
1 Feb 2015, 09:51 AM

Be careful what you wish for.

You make it sound like Relic's out there creating game-breaking balance problems o_O
1 Feb 2015, 10:02 AM

You make it sound like Relic's out there creating game-breaking balance problems o_O

You may dislike Relic's approach to balance patching. Many do. I am not here to defend them. All I am saying is, be very wary about saying 'X mod is awesome, it should be implemented into live' when X mod - as well as fixing things and clearly addressing balance issues in some areas - also makes fundamental changes to faction and unit design, and tweaks things that perhaps do not need tweaking. Speaking as a modder, it is easy to become self-absorbed and start making changes based on personal preference rather than the overarching state of the game. I know I've done this, and I've certainly read changelogs for other mods which have made me scratch my head and question the change. Any modder will tell you the same I think.

I'm not trying to drag this thread off-topic as there are already threads for Cruzzi's mod, which is (rightfully, I would say) very popular and getting a lot of attention. I am not saying anything bad about the guy, and I never have. I am just saying be very careful about asking for the opinions and ideas of one guy to be implemented to the live game. He's even admitted that a lot of the stuff in Kappatch 2 hasn't been properly tested.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 96

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight