Login

russian armor

stug E assault tank

13 Jan 2015, 23:30 PM

Are people talking about how it's on par with T34 AI or "as OP as the SU76" serious? I mean, I don't think it's an OP unit, but I don't know how you could deny that it's a very effective AI platform. It has a good ROF and thanks to unit clumping can be exceptionally deadly at times. Based on my experience it's much more effective than T34 at wiping large numbers of infantry. And it's cheap, comes with a good doctrine, and doesn't require teching! The comparison to a T3/T4 stock soviet unit seems puzzling.
13 Jan 2015, 23:40 PM

stug e in a 1v1 in a players hands with good micro is just way to cost effective at 6cp with the current soviet tech costs... is that good enough for everyone coming back with a smart ass answer..it 2 shots squads sometimes 1 shots.. its a huge impact for 230 mp and like 75 fuel and no tech required... and soon comes a tiger..
14 Jan 2015, 00:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2015, 23:24 PMKatitof

If that was the true we'd have about 50 threads to nerf SU-76 a day.

I can't even imagine how bad you have to be to achieve that result.

AT Riflenade FTW :megusta:
14 Jan 2015, 01:06 AM

Are people talking about how it's on par with T34 AI or "as OP as the SU76" serious? I mean, I don't think it's an OP unit, but I don't know how you could deny that it's a very effective AI platform. It has a good ROF and thanks to unit clumping can be exceptionally deadly at times. Based on my experience it's much more effective than T34 at wiping large numbers of infantry. And it's cheap, comes with a good doctrine, and doesn't require teching! The comparison to a T3/T4 stock soviet unit seems puzzling.
While the stug e is in fact better at killing infantry I agree, in practice it's as good as fighting 6 man squads as a t34 is fighting 4 man squads. Although the real benefit comes from fighting grouped up blobs, in which the the stug e does really shine.
14 Jan 2015, 01:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Stug E, the only tank that can be reliable killed by PTRS :D
14 Jan 2015, 03:06 AM

I don't even know what to say, this commander is one of the few things that keeps Ostheer competative with USF and you think it should be nerfed?

The StuG E has the lowest health of any axis medium tank in the game!
14 Jan 2015, 03:15 AM

On par with a t34-76 for infantry damage... Omg I'm laughing so hard it hurts
14 Jan 2015, 03:38 AM
Patrion 28

fucking stop confusing overall balance and unit balance. it's not fucking ok for something to be OP just because everything else is shit. don't fucking bring that up in a balance discussion.
14 Jan 2015, 04:36 AM

14 Jan 2015, 04:41 AM

Permanently Banned
I know people on here are mad at this unit. But for gods sake saying this unit 1 shots somewhat regularly is a joke. 1 shot two guys 3 guys sometimes? Never entire squads with 1 shot. Otherwise panzer4s and shermans are problems.
14 Jan 2015, 05:35 AM

exactly..it is op because it can kill 1 or 2 units per shot? When it didn't do that it was useless. By this logic the ostheer sniper is op. It dies almost as easy as the stug e.
14 Jan 2015, 06:34 AM

People have a problem with this tank? Its usually dead before its capable of doing something. IMO its performance is right for its price comparing other tanks that cost about the same. They OP too as well?
14 Jan 2015, 07:26 AM

My biggest problem with the StuG E is that it doesn't have the pretty explosion like the Sherman HE. It's firing HE round, it deserves the pretty!
14 Jan 2015, 08:57 AM

stug e in a 1v1 in a players hands with good micro is just way to cost effective at 6cp with the current soviet tech costs... is that good enough for everyone coming back with a smart ass answer..it 2 shots squads sometimes 1 shots.. its a huge impact for 230 mp and like 75 fuel and no tech required... and soon comes a tiger..

I agree, it's extremly effective when one knows how to use it but so is pretty much every unit in game when in the hands of a top player.

It's not that you need to tech to counter it, PTRS Guards and AT-Nades can handle it, or at lesast keep it at bay long enough for you to tech.
14 Jan 2015, 09:06 AM
Patrion 28

People have a problem with this tank? Its usually dead before its capable of doing something. IMO its performance is right for its price comparing other tanks that cost about the same. They OP too as well?

USF hates it. soviets don't really care.
14 Jan 2015, 09:54 AM

I agree, it's extremly effective when one knows how to use it but so is pretty much every unit in game when in the hands of a top player.

It's not that you need to tech to counter it, PTRS Guards and AT-Nades can handle it, or at lesast keep it at bay long enough for you to tech.

This. Most players go T2 so one simple ATG can effectively counter StuG E. At nades are very effective, and PTRS in good hands can keep it back. And it does not squad wipe as much as people say it does. Maybe if they whole squad is squeezed behind some object after the infantry grouping patch, but not other wise.
14 Jan 2015, 11:39 AM
Patrion 14

I usually get quite a lot of kills with the unit, but somehow when I face the unit I don't have that much trouble killing it. I can only talk from a Soviet perspective, since I don't enjoy playing USF, but I find it pretty easy to kill with guards + AT nade, or just a T34.
14 Jan 2015, 11:56 AM
Donator 11

I am tired of StugE one shot killing AT guns
14 Jan 2015, 13:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2015, 23:24 PMKatitof

If that was the true we'd have about 50 threads to nerf SU-76 a day.

It was sarcasm, as in both units are neither OP, though the SU-76 is up in regards that it should really be a mobile ZiS and not a peashooter. The Stug-E does what it does though could be tougher.
14 Jan 2015, 17:40 PM

I don't even know what to say, this commander is one of the few things that keeps Ostheer competative with USF and you think it should be nerfed?

The StuG E has the lowest health of any axis medium tank in the game!

Because its a light tank. Not a medium tank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★