Login

russian armor

stug E assault tank

11 Jan 2015, 16:22 PM

Doesn't this apply to a lot of soviet doctrines? Are they op too? Or is it op only because it's Axis?

Soviets doctrines don't provide mid-game vehicles. You have to rely on ZiS which is very risky some times.

In this situation you have Stug E which can fill this gap.

What's more, there is not any doctrine so useful on all stages of the game. Some doctrines have 2 early games abilities and 3 late game, others have 4 early game and 1 late game.
Here you have everything. Early game ability, mid game abilities and late game ability.

Skipping PzIV is not so risky when you have Paks and Stug E.
Skipping T34 and SU85 and waiting for IS2 or ISU may be very, very risky because you don't have mid game vehicles.
11 Jan 2015, 17:20 PM

guys i had an at gun... im just complaining really on how you can get such an effective ai tank for no tech cost and then go strait too tiger... it can also stun any tank and when it is supported with a pak its hard to counter... i tired spotting my at gun with cons and they would get wiped in 1 or 2 shots... i literally have had multiple games and when i try to counter with t34 soon later there is a damn tiger that comes out because he didnt spend any fuel on teching i just find this commander lets you get away with a very effective low tech game and it is very annoying..
11 Jan 2015, 17:27 PM

Australian magic put hit it on the nail
11 Jan 2015, 20:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2015, 13:12 PMy3ivan
its OP right now due to Ostheer "call-in no-teching"commander. Other than that its a fragile tank.

And yet despite the fact that almost everything in this commander is unique (A Grens, Meach Assault Group, STUG-E) and it should be reasonably clear by the time these things come out what is going to happen people are still acting surprised by it

11 Jan 2015, 21:18 PM

All you need to do is to switch tech cost with building cost but I think it's too hard for relic to do this :foreveralone:

Would have worked in the old meta, but not anymore. Teching is simply more expensive than USF and OKW.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2015, 13:12 PMy3ivan
its OP right now due to Ostheer "call-in no-teching"commander. Other than that its a fragile tank.

Great news, it was actually designed to be a "no tech" Commander. That's why it comes with Infantry, AT, AI Vehicle, Artillery, and Heavy Vehicle.
11 Jan 2015, 21:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Stug-E is fine, it's just another example of the game state.
No teching into Callins. Stug E is just a stopgap that let's you stay ingame till you can get the Tiger.
11 Jan 2015, 22:41 PM

remember when the stug is was so fuckin useless? i never saw one until this patch, relic, wtf. you have like 10 RTS titles to your company name, learn to balence!
11 Jan 2015, 23:29 PM

Great news, it was actually designed to be a "no tech" Commander. That's why it comes with Infantry, AT, AI Vehicle, Artillery, and Heavy Vehicle.

What's the difference between "it is OP" and "it is OP and designed to be OP", especially when you are on recieving end?
(note, that I personally don't think that Mech Assault is OP)
11 Jan 2015, 23:31 PM

Would have worked in the old meta, but not anymore. Teching is simply more expensive than USF and OKW.

Yes, but such solution could open new options like Panthers, Brummabars and PzWerfers in 1v1 since you don't need to pay tons of resources for tech, just for buildings you can skip tier 3 without huge investment.
13 Jan 2015, 13:08 PM

Stug E needs a rof nerf. That's all.
13 Jan 2015, 13:45 PM

So many crybabies. Now the only doctrine that keeps Wehr somehow viable is under the whiners' spotlight. My only concern about this unit / doctrine is that it pidgeonholed the whole faction into playing it just to remain competitive. Yes please, nerf Stug E, but buff Wehrmacht as a whole + buff every other Wehr doctrine, ty.
13 Jan 2015, 14:00 PM

Stug E OP sure... What are you guys smoking?!
13 Jan 2015, 14:12 PM

Stug E is as OP as the SU76...
13 Jan 2015, 16:22 PM
Donator 22

Its not just the stug E. I find this doctrine as a whole a bit ridiculous. 4 call-ins for differnt stages of the game and off-map arty... lel

As USF I really dont have problems agaist that. You should have a sherman around the same time as stuge E hits the field and captain + stuart also wrecks it. As soviets I just spam the shit out of guards motor with 0 tech. Button the stug E and at nade it to death. 85s and mark target will handle the tiger.
13 Jan 2015, 21:19 PM

Hah, I see what you did there. Good point.
13 Jan 2015, 21:39 PM

You want to nerf the stug e lol. We all saw how it worked before and it was useless. A tank that was as fragile as a half trak, does negligible damage to vehicles that cant kill infantry very well, with 80 percent costs of a tank. This thing is on par with a t34s anti infantry capability, so how is it op? If it cant kill infantry as well as a t34 whats the point of it even existing?
13 Jan 2015, 22:03 PM

StugE? You mean the one that can die to an M15 AA HT? Or the ONLY thing in game a Stuart can actually kill?
13 Jan 2015, 23:20 PM

double post incoming
13 Jan 2015, 23:21 PM

guys i had an at gun... im just complaining really on how you can get such an effective ai tank for no tech cost and then go strait too tiger... it can also stun any tank and when it is supported with a pak its hard to counter... i tired spotting my at gun with cons and they would get wiped in 1 or 2 shots... i literally have had multiple games and when i try to counter with t34 soon later there is a damn tiger that comes out because he didnt spend any fuel on teching i just find this commander lets you get away with a very effective low tech game and it is very annoying..

it has 55 pen. with target weakpoint 110.
it bounces a lot unless you hit the rear armor
13 Jan 2015, 23:24 PM

If that was the true we'd have about 50 threads to nerf SU-76 a day.
StugE? You mean the one that can die to an M15 AA HT?

I can't even imagine how bad you have to be to achieve that result.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★