Login

russian armor

Demos

31 Dec 2014, 20:31 PM

Thing is, it's EASIER to win as axis/OKW by playing badly than to win as allies by playing regularly. Allies have the tools to be stronger but they have to perform better. OKW is WAY more forgiving in the sense that if allies don't abuse of squadwiping tools, they don't stand a chance with "regular engagements" on the long run.

TLDR u need to be a pro to win as allies. That's true because i said it and if u say otherwise u are stupid fanboy and also a nazi
31 Dec 2014, 20:35 PM

I don't know why but I sense another march deployment in the works....
Enjoy the game while you still can....
31 Dec 2014, 20:40 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I'll just let Ciez take it from here, he wrote everything I was too lazy to write lol. Having played a lot of axis lately I feel they are on the back foot for the first 15-20 minutes of most games. If you lose squads you're done. Which is why demos and scotts and other squad wiping mechanics are so brutal.
31 Dec 2014, 23:00 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Flame post #64 invised

Follow-up post #65, quoting post #64, also had to go. Sorry

Back to topic
31 Dec 2014, 23:37 PM

TLDR u need to be a pro to win as allies. That's true because i said it and if u say otherwise u are stupid fanboy and also a nazi

That's not at all what he was saying, and he has a good point.

Here's how it works in my opinion:

At low/mid levels of skill the Axis are favored because Allied infantry has to flank and close the gap early game, plus their light vehicles take a lot of finesse to micro, but when they're micro'd properly they're brutally strong. I can't remember the last game as Soviet in 2v2 that I didn't get at least one squad wipe with my first flamer M3, normally I get 2-3 before it dies. Investing in a Raketen just to counter the M3 is never worth it - the raketen is terrible. Much better to let Ost get a 222, faust, or teller. If you're playing double OKW better to get a Puma or 251 Flak.

At high levels of skill the Allies have a decent advantage because their early game is absolutely dominant. Volks and Grens cannot compete with properly micro'd rifles/cons, and good Allied players can use things like smoke nades, oorah, m3s/m20s/m15s, molotovs and flanking in general to nullify the advantage of Axis HMGS (which are absolutely required as Ost in my opinion).

The skilled players are able to use this momentum and transition into a dominant mid game via elite infantry and disgusting indirect fire options as well as super fast medium tanks that bleed the heck out of the Axis.

And the finally, well managed T34/85s or Is-2s backed up by Jacksons quickly become a huge problem. Even moreso when Mark/P47s start flying out in important tank engagements.

Moral of the story - it is easy to be decent with Axis and easy to be sub-par as Allies because for the most part the Allies take more finesse, team-work and execution. Sure Axis is absolutely "easier" to play, but their potential is more limited.

Also, as I mentioned before - the Allies crutch extremely heavily on doctrinal units/abilities like Shocks, Paras, 120s, Soviet call-ins, P47s, Mark, etc. So before any Allied nerfs start rolling out I think Soviet needs to be redesigned from the ground up to improve their stock units considerably while lowering the relative power of their call-ins. And USF could probably use some sort of elite infantry in Major tech so that there are real alternatives to Rifles late game (Rangers anyone?).

My opinions in this post are 90% from 2v2 experience and 10% from 1v1 experience. I think 1v1 is more balanced than 2v2, and probably pretty close to 50/50 for Soviet/USF/OKW. Ost is pretty obviously suffering in 1v1.
1 Jan 2015, 01:30 AM
Patrion 28

from the depths of hell:

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 11:56 AMgokkel

Yeah, this describes the dilemma well. Question is how can you fix it?

shrink the area of >80 damage in the center of the explosion but make aoe weapons do damage around 40 for more of the explosion. this means that it's much harder to squad wipe but you'll consistently deal damage because it falls off slower.
1 Jan 2015, 05:04 AM

Permanently Banned
Demos are a bit stupid imo. Everyone should have access to them or no one should have them.

5 levels of vet
1 Jan 2015, 05:38 AM

^ yeah 5 levels of vet is really silly if you think that demos are silly. Btw your going to have to ask have tough time with terrorists trying to take their bombs away :P
1 Jan 2015, 05:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 07:40 AMSierra

Dear Mr. Admin Person,

I have found the best way to deal with demos is to expose them with mine sweepers and to fire a rifle grenade or throw a grenade down onto the ground to detonate them safely.

Just because you can expose them does not justify how devastating they are when you don't see them.
1 Jan 2015, 09:07 AM
Patrion 28

which is also true of mines, rocket artillery, and a number of other things. i think demo charges are probably OP right now but only because of how difficult they are to remove; too much RNG involved.
1 Jan 2015, 09:10 AM

Demos are a bit stupid imo. Everyone should have access to them or no one should have them. At least make them targettable and destroyable by small arms once a minesweeper finds them.

And soviets should have panzershrek and lmg42 upgrade for conscripts. USA should have heavy tank than?
1 Jan 2015, 09:39 AM

Just because you can expose them does not justify how devastating they are when you don't see them.

Oh mate, you misunderstand me. I'm an Axis player and I absolutely hate them! I completely agree that they need fixed
1 Jan 2015, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2015, 09:39 AMSierra

Oh mate, you misunderstand me. I'm an Axis player and I absolutely hate them! I completely agree that they need fixed

So based on that logic, since I hate Obersoldaten and Panzershrecks they also need to be 'fixed'? since they are so devastating as well.
1 Jan 2015, 11:47 AM

It's not funny to see the community fighting between each other only because Relic is so lazy/bad just to design a game much less RNG dependent.

1 Jan 2015, 11:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 20:40 PMBudwise
I'll just let Ciez take it from here, he wrote everything I was too lazy to write lol. Having played a lot of axis lately I feel they are on the back foot for the first 15-20 minutes of most games. If you lose squads you're done. Which is why demos and scotts and other squad wiping mechanics are so brutal.

Pls Relic listen to this guy he knows best!
1 Jan 2015, 12:20 PM

What I dont get in this thread and other pro-axis threads is that it is not so much about balance but the consensus that you are not supposed to lose as axis.
And all the arguments that the game is balanced in team games is just nonsense to put it very gently.

I find also disturbing that a lot of these threads have a pro-nazi flavour. This and the incompetence from relic make a foul combination for people that play for fun.
1 Jan 2015, 17:30 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2015, 12:20 PMmrako

I find also disturbing that a lot of these threads have a pro-nazi flavour. This and the incompetence from relic make a foul combination for people that play for fun.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS