Login

russian armor

Demos

3 Jan 2015, 12:23 PM

the only thing that needs to happen is that demo's can be targeted by small arms and cannot activate if detected.
3 Jan 2015, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2015, 12:23 PMJaigen
the only thing that needs to happen is that demo's can be targeted by small arms and cannot activate if detected.

What's next? Disarming mines with small fire?
3 Jan 2015, 15:25 PM

Said biggest troll forum :lol:

If someone is using 90 ammo, you can't defuse it for nothing. That's really simple.
I'm good with defusing it by sweepers but it has to be risky, so enemy can detonate while defusing.

Why not? That is a good price for a demo, and demo should have a weakness, not squad wipe unit that cant be defused unless u got 60 muni and 10 sec of time. Dont know what is more valuable in a battle of those two...

You can put same argument on arty, i spend 250 munition on this arty, your units cant leave this sector for nothing, because it was expensive like hell. If demo is left like this, then price needs to go up for 30 mun, or axis should get one too and it stays like it is... Or u can defuse on safer way that doesn't depends on RNG and how much muni you got, like making demo a target that you can shoot at it, most logical solution.
3 Jan 2015, 15:55 PM

Why not? That is a good price for a demo, and demo should have a weakness, not squad wipe unit that cant be defused unless u got 60 muni and 10 sec of time. Dont know what is more valuable in a battle of those two...

You can put same argument on arty, i spend 250 munition on this arty, your units cant leave this sector for nothing, because it was expensive like hell. If demo is left like this, then price needs to go up for 30 mun, or axis should get one too and it stays like it is... Or u can defuse on safer way that doesn't depends on RNG and how much muni you got, like making demo a target that you can shoot at it, most logical solution.

For what are you paying 60muni?

Comparing to off maps is really stupid.

It has a weakness. You have to look at it all the time to know when to use it.
You can'y just forget about it like about mines.

Defusing something with small fire, without any upgrade like sweepers. I'm done :lol:
So why don't we defuse mines with small fire? Hmmm?

Remove vet 4&5 from OKW and you can nerf demo.
3 Jan 2015, 15:56 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2015, 12:23 PMJaigen

or just undetonate-able once revealed and can be disarmed with minesweeper.
3 Jan 2015, 16:29 PM

Defusing something with small fire, without any upgrade like sweepers. I'm done :lol:
So why don't we defuse mines with small fire? Hmmm?

Muni for a grenade and sweepers. I mean sweepers should be equipped to find demo, but when u found it it is normal that u can shoot at it, u know why? because it is on surface! Demo is not small like mine, it is's huge compared to mine. And mines are buried under ground. I dont know are u trolling me or u are really this stupid.
3 Jan 2015, 16:42 PM

Muni for a grenade and sweepers. I mean sweepers should be equipped to find demo, but when u found it it is normal that u can shoot at it, u know why? because it is on surface! Demo is not small like mine, it is's huge compared to mine. And mines are buried under ground. I dont know are u trolling me or u are really this stupid.

I don't know what is inside demo, what explosive are inside but some of them need explosion to launch while shooting at it won't do anything.

Like I said, I'm good with sweepers. Maybe give them some 15-20minu ability to make demo explode
3 Jan 2015, 17:17 PM

I don't get why people hate losing shit to events outside of their control. A demo is a mine that can still go off if detected, and that might NOT go off if the user isn't hovering over it when you stomp on it.

FFS, yes, crap happens and you can't do jack all about it. TOUGH NUTS, I fail to see the issue. I don't remember copious 'OMG Mandos OP!' threads back in the days of vCoH.

Sheesh, you don't even get a leetsauce SMG armed unit to spam them with, you get Conscientious Objector Engineers to place them.
3 Jan 2015, 19:52 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Inflammatory post #103 invised; follow-up post #104 also,for citing defamatory post #103

Please play as respectfully as possible, guys :)
4 Jan 2015, 02:03 AM

Demos are fine, Relic just needs to fix the disarming mech on the Pios.
5 Jan 2015, 08:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 00:30 AMBudwise
These need to be made like American demo's from vCoH, not placeable anywhere on the map for a near instant kill to any squad no matter what veterancy. I'm sick of losing entire squads to a practically uncounterable demo. Mine sweepers make no difference when you still can't disarm them making them a all reward no risk ability.

This is one of those things that makes me scratch my head considering how much shit these things caused in COH1 when Relic brought they back.

They shouldn't exist in the game, period, but because game balance without relying on dumb gimmicks like baiting players into democharges favors Axis, I really, really do not care. We can talk when someone at the helm of Relic's balance department isn't complete wehraboo, and doesn't have to work with a DLC producer who's completely out there with his disinterest in balance.
16 Jan 2015, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2015, 17:17 PMVolsky
I don't get why people hate losing shit to events outside of their control. A demo is a mine that can still go off if detected, and that might NOT go off if the user isn't hovering over it when you stomp on it.

FFS, yes, crap happens and you can't do jack all about it. TOUGH NUTS, I fail to see the issue. I don't remember copious 'OMG Mandos OP!' threads back in the days of vCoH.

Sheesh, you don't even get a leetsauce SMG armed unit to spam them with, you get Conscientious Objector Engineers to place them.

Yeah! Crap happens! HTFU!

17 Jan 2015, 02:56 AM
Patrion 28

reminded me of this:
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak