Demos

31 Dec 2014, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 09:33 AMsteel
Inviting vet squads to go there is great. :D

You could try BAR spam to kill them. :snfCHVGame:

Damn it, should be DON'T :D
31 Dec 2014, 09:54 AM
Benefactor 392

Can't destroy wincharges at all unless you got a walking stuka or an arty peice to take it out, its pretty sad face
31 Dec 2014, 10:38 AM

I think in Cruzzmod mines and demos can be targeted and killed with small arms fire?
31 Dec 2014, 11:10 AM

Demos are a bit stupid imo. Everyone should have access to them or no one should have them.

Same could be said about heavy armor, huge range, indestructible tank destroyers, variety of potent upgrades, handheld AT that actually destroys tanks, 5 vet levels and so on.

At least make them targettable and destroyable by small arms once a minesweeper finds them.

You can disarm the demo if opponent can not see it. Once disarming starts he can't detonate it. Just disarm it when you are 100% certain he can't see you and do not know you are there.

Obviously demos wouldn't be needed if allies had infantry that actually scaled in the late game and could take on in direct fight axis infantry and since that won't happen, I wouldn't expect demo changes.
31 Dec 2014, 11:25 AM

The problem with most 'antiblob counters' in the game, I think, is that they do alright vs blobs but really excel against single squads at the same time. Like the old KV8, for example- good blob smasher, but where the real issue was was the ability to eviscerate any lone capping squad, on retreat or otherwise.

Even worse, take the Greyhound. The canister is nominally an anti-blob weapon, but what ends up happening is that it roves around the map and obliterates any squad on its own- meaning that the only way to prevent that is to loosely blob up and do enough damage to destroy the M8 before it gets close. It's counterproductive and in a way, forces you to blob up to counter it.

Same with demos- good against blobs, near guaranteed kill on solo squads. 120mm, good vs blobs, randomly wipes single squads anyway. Tiger, good vs blobs, oneshots squads at the same time. B4, good against blobs, good against solo squads, good vs tanks, good vs everything really :snfPeter:

Very well put. +1
31 Dec 2014, 11:56 AM

The problem with most 'antiblob counters' in the game, I think, is that they do alright vs blobs but really excel against single squads at the same time. Like the old KV8, for example- good blob smasher, but where the real issue was was the ability to eviscerate any lone capping squad, on retreat or otherwise.

Even worse, take the Greyhound. The canister is nominally an anti-blob weapon, but what ends up happening is that it roves around the map and obliterates any squad on its own- meaning that the only way to prevent that is to loosely blob up and do enough damage to destroy the M8 before it gets close. It's counterproductive and in a way, forces you to blob up to counter it.

Same with demos- good against blobs, near guaranteed kill on solo squads. 120mm, good vs blobs, randomly wipes single squads anyway. Tiger, good vs blobs, oneshots squads at the same time. B4, good against blobs, good against solo squads, good vs tanks, good vs everything really :snfPeter:

Yeah, this describes the dilemma well. Question is how can you fix it?
31 Dec 2014, 12:01 PM

Demo charges are just fucking OP and it is bullshit that you can't defuse them with Minesweeper. If detected they should not be able to be blasted and than removed by Pioneers.

And cost reduced to 10 muni?
31 Dec 2014, 12:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 12:01 PMNEVEC

Pathetisch Post.
31 Dec 2014, 12:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 12:01 PMNEVEC

Don't waste time on people who do not even know how the game works.
Demo can be defused just as any other mine, risky, but doable.
31 Dec 2014, 13:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 12:49 PMKatitof

This.

You can defuse it but it seems it only works if you leave your pioneers alone. They will do it automatically . Careful though, they might just bomb you.:D

At least let us shoot them though. ;)
31 Dec 2014, 14:32 PM

Pathetisch Post.

Said OKW infantry blobber.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 12:49 PMKatitof

+1.
31 Dec 2014, 15:30 PM

Definitely the demo charge needs to be able to be shot at to destroy along with the mines.
31 Dec 2014, 15:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Defamatory post #32 invised.

Pleased discuss robustly by all means, but not with stuff which breaches the site rules. (These are at the bottom Right Hand corner of your screen, if you scroll down). :)

Back to topic
31 Dec 2014, 16:08 PM

I think the problem is a bit overstated here.

Demos as they are now are a fantastic tool, they fill a good gap in the allied inferiority to axis units (namely obers, falls, and volks blobs)

They reward good placement, baiting, and timing. (which I feel is a good thing)

I would really hate to see them nerfed to the point that they are only useful against buildings and bridges.

I do feel though that it would be a completely reasonable to have minesweepers within range disable the charge.
31 Dec 2014, 16:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 11:10 AMKatitof

Once disarming starts he can't detonate it. Just disarm it when you are 100% certain he can't see you and do not know you are there.

This is not true, just tested it. I was disarming the demo, player could not see me was still able to detonate. This must be fixed.
31 Dec 2014, 16:24 PM

This is not true, just tested it. I was disarming the demo, player could not see me was still able to detonate. This must be fixed.

Did the animation started?
With mines you simply stand next to them and they disappear, with demos, pios need to actually kneel to disarm them.
31 Dec 2014, 16:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I agree with Bud. Also, I changed the title to get rid of the ol' greengrocer's apostrophe. I eagerly await your thank's :foreveralone:
31 Dec 2014, 16:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Don't they also get set off by flame?
31 Dec 2014, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 16:24 PMKatitof

Did the animation started?
With mines you simply stand next to them and they disappear, with demos, pios need to actually kneel to disarm them.

You've always been able to detonate demos even when they're detected and being "swept" up by the pio squad. It's super bullshit.

Just the entire fact that demos are some kind of super mine able to erase squads it poor design. Maybe if they could be shot with small arms... MAYBE then they would be okay. I'd prefer to see them used as a building denial/anti-bunker tool but the way they are right now is far from fair or balanced.

To those going "HERP DERP HOW 2 COYNTER AXIS OP INFANTRY LATE GAME LOLOLOL"

The Allies have a ridiculous number of good AI tools at their disposal including, but not limited to:

1 - Amazing AI tanks (Sherman, Scott, T34/85, Is-2)
2 - Soviet snipers
3 - 0.50 cal HMG/Maxims
4 - Paratroopers - by far the strongest infantry squad in the game when equipped with M1919s.
5 - Double BAR rifles (beat vet 3 LMG grens with ease when also vet 3).
6 - Indirect fire options such as: Katy, Pack Howi, 120mm mortar

Of course Cons can't stand up to Obers, and on the flip side of the coin Grens/Volks can't stand up to Shocks. Fact of the matter... at the top levels, Allies have advantages at every point in the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 38
South Africa 1
Germany 740

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak