Login

russian armor

Walking Stuka

3 Nov 2014, 20:01 PM

Yeah just lower the HP to 200 and reduce the armour so small arms fire can threaten it. For some reason it's actually more durable than the Wehrmacht Half-Track.
3 Nov 2014, 20:26 PM

Pro tip: when you hear Stuks'a barrage sound just move your armies. 9 out of 10 Stuka will miss or only cause minimal causalities.

Unlesss they are support weapons then you are fucked
3 Nov 2014, 21:08 PM

I usually have +100 kills on my stuka whenever I play teamgames while the opponents rocket arty struggles to get 30-50 kills :D
3 Nov 2014, 21:13 PM

Permanently Banned
I agree with all talk of having it's vulnerability increased. It should be pretty fragile, just like Pwerfer and Katyusha.
3 Nov 2014, 21:59 PM

No Stuka is just fine as it is now!

Very expensive and weak.

Play it more and you will see!
3 Nov 2014, 23:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Meanwhile we could bring some vet levels down it's vet ability.
Vaz
3 Nov 2014, 23:40 PM

yea it's weak :foreveralone:
4 Nov 2014, 04:53 AM

IMO, anyone who is truly objective and not faction-biased can see that this unit is out of control OP.

Alongside the JagdTiger shooting through buildings, the Walking Stuka is the most broken unit in the game.

It makes weapons teams absolutely obsolete. Even normal infantry are not safe if you move them. Normal arty can be retreated from with minimal wiping due to RNG. But Stuka will routinely wipe squads that retreat immediately after hearing the firing noise due to the set path of fire.

So... weapons teams are too slow to move out of the barrage and infantry that retreat will get wiped anyway by the linear creep barrage.

It not only kills men but blows up their crew weapons wholesale and does heavy damage to all Allied armor.

To boot, it's very nimble and has heartier HP than all similarly priced on-map arty counterparts.

When it's being defended by Volks blobs with Schreks and a JT that can shoot you through walls on approach, on top of its very fast speed, good luck even sending a suicide unit to kill it. It will only work if Axis player is AFK, and even then maybe not due to Jagd.
4 Nov 2014, 05:00 AM

Yeah, there is a big problem with this unit,I've had multiple times where " oh you have 2 atgs fairly apart, let me destroy the crew and its gun completely and gg" no at for kt
4 Nov 2014, 05:43 AM

IMO, anyone who is truly objective and not faction-biased can see that this unit is out of control OP.

Alongside the JagdTiger shooting through buildings, the Walking Stuka is the most broken unit in the game.

It makes weapons teams absolutely obsolete. Even normal infantry are not safe if you move them. Normal arty can be retreated from with minimal wiping due to RNG. But Stuka will routinely wipe squads that retreat immediately after hearing the firing noise due to the set path of fire.

So... weapons teams are too slow to move out of the barrage and infantry that retreat will get wiped anyway by the linear creep barrage.

It not only kills men but blows up their crew weapons wholesale and does heavy damage to all Allied armor.

To boot, it's very nimble and has heartier HP than all similarly priced on-map arty counterparts.

When it's being defended by Volks blobs with Schreks and a JT that can shoot you through walls on approach, on top of its very fast speed, good luck even sending a suicide unit to kill it. It will only work if Axis player is AFK, and even then maybe not due to Jagd.

:thumbsup: Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!
4 Nov 2014, 06:57 AM

Because axis steel is better then axis steel and nothing is better then axis steel. :rofl:

For once, you are right, but you don't know it.
4 Nov 2014, 10:16 AM

Unlesss they are support weapons then you are fucked

You can always recruit them back unless you went support weapon heavy. In that case you got hard countered.
4 Nov 2014, 10:33 AM

You can always recruit them back unless you went support weapon heavy. In that case you got hard countered.

And if Axis go heavy for support weapons, what's the USF or Sov counter for that? Nothing what could be as effective like Stuka.
What I mean is that OKW is at the top of food chain. OKW does not fit into "rock paper scissors". You get AT unit, OKW gets bigger. You get elite infatry, OKW gets stronger. You get arty, OKW gets better and on, and on, and on...

On the other hand OST and SOV are balanced really nice. Everything is working. You have a Tiger? I will get IS2. I get IS2, You get Elephant. You get Elephant, I get ISU and many others good examples.

4 Nov 2014, 10:58 AM
Patrion 14

You get AT unit, OKW gets bigger. You get elite infatry, OKW gets stronger. You get arty, OKW gets better and on, and on, and on...

It's more like, you get arty, OKW gets better arty, then you get 2 more arty because yours is cheaper anyway and OKW fuel income is crippled.

On paper it's a neat concept, but in the game where squad wipes are so important, a single Stuka is preferable to 3 Katyushas, basically.

It's the same problem as the superheavy tanks, as Relic outlined in the previous patch notes. For each Tiger the US is supposed to have 2 or 3 Shermans. On paper it works.

In game, what would you rather have, 1 Tiger or 2 Shermans? Surely that must be why Elite Armour doctrine is so widespread in the meta - because 2 mediums are so, so much better than a heavy :snfCHVGame:?
4 Nov 2014, 13:07 PM

Pro tip: when you hear Stuks'a barrage sound just move your armies. 9 out of 10 Stuka will miss or only cause minimal causalities.

This.
Stuka is easy to dodge in open fields.
4 Nov 2014, 15:25 PM

It's the same problem as the superheavy tanks, as Relic outlined in the previous patch notes. For each Tiger the US is supposed to have 2 or 3 Shermans. On paper it works.

In game, what would you rather have, 1 Tiger or 2 Shermans? Surely that must be why Elite Armour doctrine is so widespread in the meta - because 2 mediums are so, so much better than a heavy :snfCHVGame:?

In practice not at all. Maybe with rng blessing and good ring around micro 2 Shermans would beat 1 tiger. But then again with smoke and blitz it is really easy to keep tigers alive. I use spearhead all of the time and laugh my way back to base after overextending Tiger and suffering no consequences.

4 Nov 2014, 16:12 PM

Yeah and what is the penalty if Axis go support heavy? Well you can always get a Kat, but that comes out much later
4 Nov 2014, 16:20 PM

The issue with nerfing the Stuka is that OKW really does not have a lot of options versus Maxim/support weapon spam and has to rush to the Stuka to stop it. Of course if the ISG wasn't garbage or OKW had other artillery options than a nerf would probably be just fine.
4 Nov 2014, 16:56 PM

Permanently Banned
I love my okw. but this is OP

I mean the b4 is strong too.

BUT, u get strong arty with the loss of heavy tanks.

b4 is doc. and b4 cant move.

and usf...

OH THATS RIGHT....

okw itself isn't op

but the stuka,obers,and puma need looking at

for comparison

the priest costs more. does less. is doc. and is heavy rng based
4 Nov 2014, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2014, 21:59 PMLeodot
No Stuka is just fine as it is now!

Very expensive and weak.

By weak you mean 200% the HP of Katyusha and Panzerwerfer?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★