Login

russian armor

Walking Stuka

5 Nov 2014, 02:37 AM

The key here is not just maxim spam, support weapon spam. If your enemy has an AT gun or 2 your Luch is going to be much less effective. If the ISG wasn't shit and OKW had more than just the Stuka to stop support weapon blobs then a nerf to the Stuka would be fine.

I hate the maxim spam thing. 'Spam' because I have to build 2 maxims at least to cover the same area one mg42 will do.
5 Nov 2014, 03:24 AM

I hate the maxim spam thing. 'Spam' because I have to build 2 maxims at least to cover the same area one mg42 will do.
Or you could just do the sensible thing and deploy the Maxim at maximum range for maximum arc of fire! Or get deployed in a building so you can completely negates its minimal arc!
5 Nov 2014, 03:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2014, 03:24 AMSierra
Or you could just do the sensible thing and deploy the Maxim at maximum range for maximum arc of fire! Or get deployed in a building so you can completely negates its minimal arc!

Throws grenade > destroy house
Merry go round the house> kills mg
5 Nov 2014, 05:51 AM

Hey, even if the stuka misses, all your squads are running around out of cover and positions and all your weapon crews aren't set up.

Which is incidentally the best possible scenario for blob infantry tactics.
5 Nov 2014, 07:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2014, 01:11 AMVaz
because flanks and grenades only work for allies and luchs does not tear through support squads.

Your correct it only does work for allies. in the hands of a competent player the 50 cal / maxim is borderline impossible to flank. that said maxim spam doesnt work vs the okw as obers piss on unsupported maxims.
5 Nov 2014, 08:20 AM
Patrion 28

stuka, katty, and werfer are all worth about the same as stationary artillery; each fuel is worth 5 mp.
5 Nov 2014, 08:31 AM

It is simple OKW needs an anti Blob and anti Spam unit, because allies only spam and blob. Allies dont need anti blob units,because Axis never spam and never blob they only and always use combined arms right?
5 Nov 2014, 08:43 AM

Throws grenade > destroy house
Merry go round the house> kills mg

So instead of admitting you're wrong, you proposed two scenarios where you got fucking outplayed. If infantry get close enough to "merry go round" a maxim in a building you fucked up. If the got close enough to toss in a grenade you also fucked up.

Now realistically a maxim or two in a building will lock down an entire sector around the house because they can redeploy at a stupidly fast rate, deal high damage at range translated into instant suppression and subsequent pinning of a squad or multiple squads.

Ipso Facto the maxim outperforms every German equivalent by miles. And even if you give me the "use German mgs defensively" crap, it wont change the fact that a maxim can sprint into a fully prepared MG set up while under suppression, continue firing while pinned while simultaneously suppressing the German MG, then pinning the German MG and killing it.

The maxim for all intents and purposes is OVERPOWERED. If a stuka could fire more than 2minutes at a time without bulletins and vet, I'd think it might be a bit OP but as it is, it's fine. It's a semi durable, very expensive, short ranged, heavy firepower mobile artillery piece. It only takes two shots to kill, and for the significant price OKW pays for it with 66% of the fuel and 80% of the munitions every other faction gets without the benefit of constructible caches, I think it's a pretty fair trade!

With all tbese pathetic calls for nerfs on anything effective in the OKW arsenal, I can't help but feel disappointed at how this community would seek to destroy the "resource starved, but elite" army. If OKW were nerfed to appease every whine and every German hater, the OKW would just be "resource starved and mediocre."!

How do you justify their crippling resource income if you remove every powerful or effective tool that they have hmm?
5 Nov 2014, 08:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2014, 08:43 AMSierra

So instead of admitting you're wrong, you proposed two scenarios where you got fucking outplayed. If infantry get close enough to "merry go round" a maxim in a building you fucked up. If the got close enough to toss in a grenade you also fucked up.

Hint: at vet2 grenadier riflegrenade range is longer than maxim range :foreveralone:
5 Nov 2014, 09:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2014, 08:57 AMCruzz

Hint: at vet2 grenadier riflegrenade range is longer than maxim range :foreveralone:
hint: At vet2 those gens will need to makes past at least one squad of invincible shocktroops, and possibly an early T70 or early T-34 before they can reach the maxim and riflenade.
5 Nov 2014, 09:08 AM

Now realistically a maxim or two in a building will lock down an entire sector around the house because they can redeploy at a stupidly fast rate, deal high damage at range translated into instant suppression and subsequent pinning of a squad or multiple squads.

Ipso Facto the maxim outperforms every German equivalent by miles. And even if you give me the "use German mgs defensively" crap, it wont change the fact that a maxim can sprint into a fully prepared MG set up while under suppression, continue firing while pinned while simultaneously suppressing the German MG, then pinning the German MG and killing it.

The maxim for all intents and purposes is OVERPOWERED.

I can't agree to that. I don't think maxims are OP right now.

If a stuka could fire more than 2minutes at a time without bulletins and vet, I'd think it might be a bit OP but as it is, it's fine. It's a semi durable, very expensive, short ranged, heavy firepower mobile artillery piece. It only takes two shots to kill, and for the significant price OKW pays for it with 66% of the fuel and 80% of the munitions every other faction gets without the benefit of constructible caches, I think it's a pretty fair trade!

With all tbese pathetic calls for nerfs on anything effective in the OKW arsenal, I can't help but feel disappointed at how this community would seek to destroy the "resource starved, but elite" army. If OKW were nerfed to appease every whine and every German hater, the OKW would just be "resource starved and mediocre."!

How do you justify their crippling resource income if you remove every powerful or effective tool that they have hmm?

You are stating these to vehemently, but you're right.

5 Nov 2014, 10:22 AM

I think the unit is fine, really. Its a big blow on fuel early on and leaves you rather open to a big rush of something. Its click-hit reliability is nice but can also be its doom sometimes. A panzerwerfer or katyusha has some scatter that has to be factored in. So unless youre on the outter border of its firing circle, youre mostly best off just retreating. Walking stuka can be dodged by simply moving to the sides, unless youre in a ton of buildings, in which case you saw the counter to your campy playstyle in the walking stuka, really.

What kinda annoys me though, is that its ability to gain vet is so terribly slow. Usually you wont ever get to vet4 or 5 in your average vp game, which makes having those levels of vet just obsolete for the unit.

I propose to make it gain vet faster and, in return, add a shared cooldown to its vet4 fire barrage thats tied to the normal barrage and, maybe, decrease the vet reload bonuses a tad bit as youll attain them alot faster. Otherwise, id leave the unit unchanged as youll just make it borderline useless by nerfing it into the ground(at least considering its price).
5 Nov 2014, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2014, 09:01 AMSierra
hint: At vet2 those gens will need to makes past at least one squad of invincible shocktroops, and possibly an early T70 or early T-34 before they can reach the maxim and riflenade.

you are giving hits to a high ranked?
lol
5 Nov 2014, 14:11 PM

I've never found OKW to be resource starved. Being able to turn munitions into fuel and back makes it real easy to get what I want, when I want it.

Generic resource points reduce strategic advantage of every territory for everybody, but for OKW even the munitions points can generate fuel and vice versa.

As the other three factions I am almost always starved for one resource or the other, and not both. If I am starved for both I've probably already lost. OKW is unique in able to compensate for this without having to choose a commander for it as Ostheer can with luft and ostruppen.

And then there's this whole salvaging thing everyone forgets about.
5 Nov 2014, 14:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

you are giving hits to a high ranked?
lol

Sierra being sierra, seing what he wants to see instead of understanding what people are talking about.

I just stated how MGs (in general) inside a house are not good, specially with the new change to House integrity. Maxims inside house would be OP if you could preventively and manually redirect it's arc of fire prior to an engagement.

Maxims are good against lone squads or when spammed. MG42 is the real support weapon.
With the new patch and how units are grouping together, you shouldn't have problems on clearing maxims with Riflegrenades.
With the new cover system, you shouldn't have problems dealing with MGs using green cover.

Meanwhile on the Walking Dead:
-Theres no reason mobile artillery should have so much HP. You shouldn't be using the Stuka MG :P So there is no reason to get alarm if the HP of the Stuka gets to the same level or a bit more of other artillery pieces.
-Way too map and gamemode dependant. No brainers on 3v3+ or on a map such as Semoisky summer, Ettelbruck or Kharkov.
-Vet requirements should be lower AND tweaked.

SDKZF251 Wurfrahmen 40
-10% ability recharge
-30% ability recharge
+30% range
Unlocks napalm barrage ability
+30% speed +30% rotation speed +30% ac/de-celeration

5 Nov 2014, 14:23 PM

With my double Stuka bulletins, at vet 2, i get 50% faster cooldown. :P
5 Nov 2014, 14:24 PM

I've never found OKW to be resource starved. Being able to turn munitions into fuel and back makes it real easy to get what I want, when I want it.

Generic resource points reduce strategic advantage of every territory for everybody, but for OKW even the munitions points can generate fuel and vice versa.

As the other three factions I am almost always starved for one resource or the other, and not both. If I am starved for both I've probably already lost. OKW is unique in able to compensate for this without having to choose a commander for it as Ostheer can with luft and ostruppen.

And then there's this whole salvaging thing everyone forgets about.

That conversion stuff means that you will lack the resource you convert while not getting enough from the resource you want to convert it into. So this is very circumstantial and rather not recommended in most cases. The only resource that floats as OKW is manpower IF you play this faction properly. The rest are just stavration, more or less.
Related to other factions, as far as I could see, situation is like this:
- Ostheer - allways starved of any resource you can think of. Never enough fuel, amo or mp.
- USF - manpower stavration. Fuel sometimes not enough. Amo float.
- Soviets - Amo float sometimes, Mp float other times. There are cases when both resources can float. Fuel sometimes not enough.
Scavange? Lol. You can't rely on that. It's like going in the desert and rely on the fact you will find an oasis before you die of dehydration. The only doctrine that takes a little advantage from it it's scavange because of that 15 amo surpluss. It's lottery. Nobody can guarantee that you will find enough wreks. Nobody can guarantee that they won't be destroyed before you get to scavange something from them.
5 Nov 2014, 16:59 PM

Stuka is fine in 1v1 and 2V2 games.
5 Nov 2014, 17:02 PM

Defense against a Stuka:

Don't Blob
Stagger/offset your units. Don't put them in lines
Control fuel points
Put out light vehicles

Any time I see infantry spam or emplacements I get the green light for stukas with SOME of the okw commanders. If I can't break through the Allied defense I'll go stuka, so I can at least push through pre-tanks.

Stukas are expensive, fairly easily destroyed, have long reload tmes, and shoot in a straight line so it won't do an AOE type cone kill. I would be fine with them making the angle of the shot rely on the location of the stuka so that it would have to move where that angle would be possible. Otherwise it's fine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★