Login

russian armor

PAK 40 is overperforming when compared to other AT guns

PAGES (7)down
7 Oct 2014, 19:48 PM

pak40 has good pen, good damage good reload and small arc of fire, ZiS has good pena nd damage but realy shit reload, M1 has everything shit except reload and arc of fire
7 Oct 2014, 19:54 PM
Patrion 15

M1 is amazing with vet, zis is pretty bad, and the pak 40 is just beastly I agree.
7 Oct 2014, 19:57 PM

Here are stats to put things in perspective

Damage statistics

Pak40 - 40-32 dps / 210-190 pen
ZIS3 - 27-22 dps / 200-180 pen
R43 - 31-26 dps /200-180 pen
57MM - 37-22 dps /140-115 pen

To put these numbers in perspective the KT does 38Dps, the Jackson does 33 dps the panther does 21 dps

The paks damage numbers are really high, i think nerfing the reload a little but perhaps increasing penetration would make it a little more specialized and less well...better in every way. It should be a step up from the zis, but to make it basically do 50% more damage against tanks that will always be penetrated aside from doctrines is a bit much
7 Oct 2014, 20:09 PM

Permanently Banned
Personally I find Ostheer T2 useless. Only reason to build it is for the PaK. Can not say the same thing about Soviet T2. Awgh, had a few stuff to add but way to tired atm. Sry.

Erm... Pgrens?
7 Oct 2014, 20:13 PM

IMO the factions should be balanced that does not mean that the units should be similiar. The ops comparison is like comparing Ostwinds with conscripts.
7 Oct 2014, 20:24 PM

Erm... Pgrens?

Worst unit ever.....
7 Oct 2014, 20:24 PM

Eh, maybe a slight reduction in rate of fire, but other than that it's fine......I think.
7 Oct 2014, 20:26 PM

Well either way it, if ZIS gets buffed or Pak40 gets a nerf, then ALlies armor has a chance versus those pesky German heavies
7 Oct 2014, 21:04 PM

I find the raketen to be the worst AT gun. 3rd place is USF one for me, then ZiS because of 6 men and the insanely, no sarcasm, useful barrage. 1st ist the Pak obviously. Cause its the Pak. Panzerabwehrkanone. Deutschland :foreveralone:
7 Oct 2014, 21:19 PM

Permanently Banned

Worst unit ever.....

Surely you can't be serious. 340 MP for a decent AI unit that synergizes well with a Pak (prevents close range flank) and when enemy armor appears, can boost your AT capabilities at a sacrifice of 50% of it's AI DPS?

K
7 Oct 2014, 21:39 PM

i think theyre all fine as they are. the zis bug needs to be fixed. but balance wise theyre all fine. DPS doesnt even matter in an at gun, if you get a shot off with an at gun its going to pretty much hit once and theyll drive off after realizing theyre being ambushed. No ones going to drive a tank in front of an at gun on purpose and be like "dont worry about it bro his DPS is only 20" its more along the lines of "oh shit i better drive away"
7 Oct 2014, 22:11 PM

I think the pak is fine, but zis needs a ROF buff
Vaz
7 Oct 2014, 22:22 PM

I think the pak40 does it's job and does it well. I'm really on the fence of whether it should be nerfed or not. I think it could easily be increased in price to 340 or 350 and still be worth it. If it is nerfed, it should not be more than a half second in rate of fire.

Raketenwerfer is shitty, not really sure what to do about it.

I have called for a Zis rof buff for a year, people told me it was fine here.

57mm is pretty good, but the ap rounds need a stronger bonus, they shouldn't still be pink pink on big armor. I don't care if not's realistic, it is the AT weapon relic put in the game. Until there is a bigger at gun, at least the ap rounds need to sink in.
7 Oct 2014, 22:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Pak40: it's fine, others AT guns not so. IF they ever fix TWP to track as the tanks which have the same ability, it would need nerf regarding this ability (muni cost, time of stun, etc).

Zis: nerfed vet 1 ability, 25% receive accuracy.
Vet 1 needs a revert or fix.
IF the 25% is gonna stay, then it should have it's RoF increase.

Raketenwerfer: it needs to have a huge buff on the time it takes to make it first shot. Vet exp requirements needs to be reverted.

57mm: ONLY useful once it get vet and you sink munition.
7 Oct 2014, 23:08 PM

Please, don't forget that raketen comes from T0, can retreat and has great vet bonuses.

It is not match for the other ATguns but on the other hand it doesn't need any tech investment and has the best survivality. (And it comes in a faction without AT fighting issues unlike soviets)
7 Oct 2014, 23:15 PM

I like where the PaK40 is. It's the best AT gun in the game, but some unit has to be. I don't think that necessarily makes it "overperforming".

Also, the Raketenwerfer is available straight away. It's the weakest gun in the game, but also the earliest and cheapest. That's its advantage. It can counter early, light armour, before some of the best armour in the game comes out (OKW late game) which clearly supplant it.

I personally like where the AT guns are all at, at the moment.

My thoughts but much more eloquently put.
8 Oct 2014, 00:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 23:08 PMGreeb
Please, don't forget that raketen comes from T0, can retreat and has great vet bonuses.

Not great enough to offset negative crew cover, long aim time, poor accuracy, and short range.
8 Oct 2014, 00:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 23:08 PMGreeb

It is not match for the other ATguns but on the other hand it doesn't need any tech investment and has the best survivality. (And it comes in a faction without AT fighting issues unlike soviets)

U forgot to mention that it can go into buildings and is cheap, but the only thing that it can hit after so much aiming is ground, or if they aim really good then maybe they will hit a fence. It is a very crappy against fast moving/small vehicles. And i would rather have a pak/zis than this, i would even rather have a faust as anti armor in early game than this. Even if im 100% sure that i will be against early jeep/m3a1 i would not go with raketen, because it is so unpredictable, and takes so long to aim, and is most fragile AT in game, and not with best survivability. Some AT nades or faust is gift from heaven against early armor compared to raketen. Just to keep them off until jpz or puma arrives.
8 Oct 2014, 00:40 AM

Just because you suck at something doesn't mean you have to bring everybody else down with you. Same thing here with the Pak40, just because this units is good no need to nerf it and make it useless. Instead buff the rest and bring them to the same level of performance.

Also lets not forget that in general allies tanks have less HP/Armor than the axis tanks. So when that pak hits it might look that is doing more dmg than it should be.

Off topic:
People complaining this days for everything... bugs are one thing but now thread after thread on "This is OP". I won't be surprise if someone complains about base mg's too, that's the only thing left no one complaint about yet.
8 Oct 2014, 01:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

People complaining this days for everything... bugs are one thing but now thread after thread on "This is OP". I won't be surprise if someone complains about base mg's too, that's the only thing left no one complaint about yet.

I've already complained cause they cover sector points on different maps.
Worst offender => Crossing in the woods with USF at north base. I mean...3 Mgs covering northwest cutoff is overkill.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS