Login

russian armor

What new Soviet unit do you want to see in CoH2?

PAGES (7)down
23 Sep 2014, 20:02 PM

How about we make a Proper Jagd counterpart by giving them an SU-100Y? :P
23 Sep 2014, 20:12 PM

I really want to see a Soviet officer, or 2. The idea of an NKVD officer that terrorizes his men into fighting better (a la the abortive Not One Step Back commander) is an interesting idea, but I'm sure there are other things a Soviet officer could do.
23 Sep 2014, 20:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 19:43 PMNinjaWJ
It would be armed with a bigger gun. It would probably still have the weaknesses of the SU85 but it could put some hurt on the Panther and Tiger, which the SU85 can barely scratch.

It would probably be a late game unit. There would be a fine line to balance though, since in combination with an ISU152, it could be very OP, but then again there's the KT plus JGDTIGER combo....

The SU-100 would be less mobile than the SU-85. It'd move at a slower speed with slower deceleration due to the extremely front-heavy nature of the vehicle.
23 Sep 2014, 20:26 PM

The SU-100 would be less mobile than the SU-85. It'd move at a slower speed with slower deceleration due to the extremely front-heavy nature of the vehicle.

No it shouldnt be that less mobile (it had the same Hp/weight ratio as the Su-85), it should still be a Su-85 with a better penetrating gun, in terms of performance.
23 Sep 2014, 20:31 PM

No it shouldnt be that less mobile (it had the same Hp/weight ratio as the Su-85), it should still be a Su-85 with a better penetrating gun, in terms of performance.

Nice comments on the SU-100 guys!!

Definitely want the unit in game as the current Soviet AT is lackluster.

I really like the other units listed on the poll too, but in terms of what the faction needs, a heavy nondoctrinal AT gun/vehicle is sorely needed.
23 Sep 2014, 20:55 PM

Pick just one? Blasphemy!

Hell, half of these are already a part of my fantasy second soviet army.

I also came to this predicament... I cant wait until full modding support produces a real Soviet faction.
23 Sep 2014, 20:59 PM

My opinions aren't even worthy of rebuttal. I think I win coh2.org :,(
24 Sep 2014, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2014, 20:31 PMNinjaWJ

I really like the other units listed on the poll too, but in terms of what the faction needs, a heavy nondoctrinal AT gun/vehicle is sorely needed.

I am absolutely sure Relic will not add new nondoctrinal units or remake old ones.
24 Sep 2014, 13:47 PM

I believe since it had a new superstructure (different to the current SU-85), it had about 30mm of extra armour at the front, bringing it up to 75mm sloped, so the SU-100 would be tougher as well, though slower.

Also, the 100mm gun on the SU-100 was an absolute beast of a weapon. The SU-100 if it were in game would have monster penetration.

24 Sep 2014, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 13:32 PMNebaka

I am absolutely sure Relic will not add new nondoctrinal units or remake old ones.

Yes I agree unfortunately. It would be admitting that they went wrong somewhere. Game companies rarely admit that they messed up
24 Sep 2014, 13:57 PM

non-doctrinial su -100 would be a nice solution for problems in the late-game for the Red Army
24 Sep 2014, 14:08 PM

KV-85 as non-doctrinal low-to-moderate DPS heavy tank. Soviets lack this type of unit. Soviets were designed as most durable faction with moderate damage output. Right now every stock vehicle is very weak in terms of survivability. KV-85 fits right in.
24 Sep 2014, 14:25 PM

I really want to see a Soviet officer, or 2. The idea of an NKVD officer that terrorizes his men into fighting better (a la the abortive Not One Step Back commander) is an interesting idea, but I'm sure there are other things a Soviet officer could do.

Well, if you are really into it, there is one absolutely shitty soviet doctrine on the way that got commissar.

You can also play one Case Blau ToW mission and you will be given commissar and some other stuff from that doctrine to play with.
24 Sep 2014, 14:36 PM

I have been wanting to see the BT-7 since beta. I was disappointed when I saw that CoH2 was trying to encompass different portions of the eastern front instead.

However, as much as I love the little guy, I feel that as far as the gameplay design of CoH2 goes, ZiS6 or ZiS5 trucks would be the most beneficial.

Unarmed trucks with tiny sight range to garrison and mobilize soviet forces. Called in from the HQ, that would be a wonderful boon to the soviets. A pack of 2 for a small amount of manpower and 10 or 20 fuel. Hell, being able to mount an MG or set up a mortar in the truck bed could be an option. As long as the trucks are as flimsy as a katyusha chassis and their riders vulnerable, their utility as transportation to the battlefront would be invaluable.

And it appears from this poll that people really feel that the soviets need a decent Anti Tank option. The SU-85 should be fulfilling this role, but unturreted anti-tank options are a headache. An SU-100 wouldn't behave any differently. It's just a bigger version of the same thing, and is apparently therefore better. :p
24 Sep 2014, 14:42 PM

Don't wanna turn this into why SU-100 is needed thread but the SU85 isn't that good once the Tigers, KT, and Jagdtigers hit the field. If you didn't choose a commander with the IS2 or ISU, you basically are a dead duck
24 Sep 2014, 15:37 PM

I voted Soviet marines in the hope of the allies getting some sort of decent anti-tank infantry and something comparable to the legions of cool and quality Axis infantry (seriously love nearly all the Axis infantry!).

However upon reflection I think they could probably just replace/improve the penal brigades with an AT option as at the moment they seem to be a strange unit that doesnt seem to justify the extra cost over having more and quicker conscripts. Also they are no where near as useful mid-game as their cheaper conscript counter-part.
24 Sep 2014, 16:30 PM

Before putting some of those units in I think it would be better to fix the units the Soviets have now so they all have their own roles. The Su76 is supposed to be a mobile zis gun not the 80 damage overpriced junk we have. The T70's be weaker but cost should be reduced too 200 mp and 40 fuel because I don't see why you would choose t70 over a T34 when they nearly cost the same in fuel 70 to 100?

Soviets needs cheaper AT guns.
24 Sep 2014, 16:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I said T35 because I want something cool and different

New units should not be added to fix the fact that existing ones are underwhelming
24 Sep 2014, 18:29 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

T-28 because it would be awesome to see something with multiple turrets shooting (it's already awesome to watch the KV-1 shoot with its backwards machinegun).

For actually useful units they should add marines.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS