Login

russian armor

Walking Stuka

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
6 Jul 2014, 13:44 PM

(^_^)

And Cyridius, it's strange you'd say my avatar means I'm biased for ze Germanz when you have a little explosion with a hammer and sickle in it. Pot kettle black.

In any case, there are many good points being made about the stuka - you can hear it coming and predict where it will land - right in the middle of your blobbety blob that you shouldn't be blobbing.

Artillery is supposed to kill weapons teams. The whole concept is destroying static positions. I can't believe someone actually complained about the stuka destorying support weapons. Come on...
6 Jul 2014, 14:07 PM

Kat and PWerfer need to be buffed quickly. I mean, they are so bad right now, i even forgot about their existence. No one, and i cannot stress this enough, no one builds them nowadays. No one playing atleast semi serious.
6 Jul 2014, 14:22 PM

I play allies, I've faced stuka, I still think its fine and its pwerfer and Katiusha that are complete and utter shit, not stuka being op.

+1
6 Jul 2014, 14:48 PM

I play allies, I've faced stuka, I still think its fine and its pwerfer and Katiusha that are complete and utter shit, not stuka being op.

just dont fire them from max range, just like mortars. its riskier, but they all wipe squads really easily. i typically get 7-10 kills every barrage with any of these units.

to people blaming the maps, it doesnt matter what map its on, people play like idiots now. sure, some of the new maps are full of choke points, but it could be moscow, rhzev, oka, steppes, or any of the old maps. its just pure blobs.
6 Jul 2014, 15:14 PM

Rofl. 1 conscript and 2 guards rifle is idiotic spam? Nice replay, why not post the one of us beating you into the ground right after?

Lol, you mean the one where you blew up both bridges on Trois Point and then camped your way to Easy 8 and IS2 spam? That one was actually before the game where we beat you, which is what made beating your cheap cheese in the next game so satisfying. :)

If you'll look at my player card, you'll see I actually have more games as USF and Soviets as I do with Axis. And I've faced a fair deal of Stukas, but never have I lost more than 5-6 men per barrage. Most of them go without killing anything, because unlike you my squads are spread out. In a game I had after you, I got another Stuka, which after 5 barrages only had about 10 kills, whereas against you, after 5 barrages I had racked up 37+ kills. The difference?

The only reason you're bitching about the Stuka is because you aren't able to instapwn your opponent as you're accustomed to. And that is too much for your mind to fathom. People like you who are so accustomed to their ridiculous play style can't be bothered to change up their tactics, or actually think. As a result you immediately call for a nerf to the unit that dealt you so much damage, whereas the fault actually lies within your gameplay.

Thank God the balance of this game is in the hands of Relic, and not people like yourself. If the latter were the case, the only feasible game mode would probably be mirror matches.
Cheers.
6 Jul 2014, 15:21 PM
Patrion 310

Your player card isn't visible, probably need to set it to public :)
6 Jul 2014, 16:59 PM

This thing functions like a nuclear bomb carrier.

Are you fucking kidding me people?

Your supporting an artillery unit with a predetermined firing path, 0 scatter,that fires all of its munitions at once?

Compared to every other arty piece in the game which have scatter, fire over time, and don't instantly wipe out entire armies.

I have lost an absurd amount of units to these things that were never blobbed to begin with, like weapons teams or units in buildings that died instantly. Or on choke point maps where the fucking German just finds your forward unit and clicks backwards.

The splash is outrageous, the damage is high enough that it will frequently KO tanks, and if your opponent isn't retarded there is no way to kill the thing in return.

So no this unit isn't fucking okay and either needs a redesign or the OKW faction needs to be looked at if they have no counters besides this thing.
6 Jul 2014, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2014, 15:14 PMKhan

The only reason you're bitching about the Stuka is because you aren't able to instapwn your opponent as you're accustomed to. And that is too much for your mind to fathom. People like you who are so accustomed to their ridiculous play style can't be bothered to change up their tactics, or actually think. As a result you immediately call for a nerf to the unit that dealt you so much damage, whereas the fault actually lies within your gameplay.

Cheers.

This. This is the root of the issue.

If it insta-jibs, it does so only once a minute, not every 6 seconds. You hear it coming and you can reduce its impact by avoiding it and by not clumping units together.

When I play OKW, I often take a Priest barrage to the face after a retreat and lose half my army. I don't blame the Priest, I blame my choice of base position and respect my oponnent's timing. I accept it as a result of choices I have made, not as a mistake of the game.

Accept your mistakes, learn to improve. The only problem units are the Jagdtiger and the ISU.
Hux
6 Jul 2014, 17:57 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2014, 14:48 PMwooof

people play like idiots now. sure, some of the new maps are full of choke points, but it could be moscow, rhzev, oka, steppes, or any of the old maps. its just pure blobs.

^ Stuka not the issue. THIS is the real issue. Blobs should be discouraged (if not outright punished) and this shouldn't be dependent on artillery - should be a game mechanic

Otherwise, that's all I have to contribute to the dickmeasuring that this thread has devolved into. Enjoy!
6 Jul 2014, 18:13 PM

Kat and PWerfer need to be buffed quickly. I mean, they are so bad right now, i even forgot about their existence. No one, and i cannot stress this enough, no one builds them nowadays. No one playing atleast semi serious.

Kattie still decent, just not on max range.
I see them in 3v3 and 4v4, and yes serious.
6 Jul 2014, 18:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2014, 17:57 PMHux

^ Stuka not the issue. THIS is the real issue. Blobs should be discouraged (if not outright punished) and this shouldn't be dependent on artillery - should be a game mechanic

Otherwise, that's all I have to contribute to the dickmeasuring that this thread has devolved into. Enjoy!

There is difference between "discouraging blobbing" and a unit which has a retarded amount of long rang damage that is basically unavoidable unless you hear it firing.

The Katyusha and the Werfer discourage blobbing, the Walking Stuka annihilates whatever the hell it happens to hit.

That is the freaking difference.

This has nothing to do with discouraging blobbing and everything to do with the fact that the unit is a 100% accurate, line firing, death machine. Everyone is bitching about 120mm mortars right now. Why? Because overnight they became ACCURATE as hell. No one minds when the rounds have scatter because vs blobs the scatter is negligible and the blobs are punished. The same goes for the katyusha, the werfer, except the walking stuka is the exception.

It has pin point accuracy and wtflol damage which is just plain broken.
6 Jul 2014, 18:33 PM

Artillery is supposed to kill weapons teams. The whole concept is destroying static positions. I can't believe someone actually complained about the stuka destorying support weapons. Come on...

yo fool, its destroying weapon teams in a barrage that is the problem, it happens. fuck decrews, that is fine. i lost a 320mp unit without a chance of salvaging it by someone who has to point and click into the fog of war?

mini scatter + 6 rockets and people are saying its okay? fuck that.

arty punishing blobs is fine, wiping a squad on demand is not and in stuka's case, it happens quite consistently. katyusha and pzwerfer destroys blobs without wiping them outright because they have to deal with scatter and in katyusha's case, pauses between shots. its bad luck if u get a squad wipe but the usual is 1-3 models lost per squad. that is fine, its punishing enough, bleeds menpower hard, but not usually an insta wipe.

as for priest, shots between pauses, thats more than enough reaction time to gtfo from the arty zone.

yet the stuka gives barely any reaction time and dont tell me there's the fucking sound, the shells land fast. and once the 1st shell hits, the area is so saturated with explosions it is either insta mass infantry retreat and dead support teams or insta squad wipe. unless you pray to the rng god and leave 1 man running away.

dont believe me? take a pak40 and zis. have the pak40 try to escape priest artillery zone then have the zis try to run from stuka artillery. chances are the pak40 will have a much better chance of survival and get probably drag its ass out of the arty zone and the priest is as harmless as 4th of july fireworks. now take that into stressful game conditions and tell me how the fuck is this okay?

so every minute, defensive lines will crumble or a mass rout will occur, if OKW player follows up with an assault.

i'd like to see the amount of crying when allied players get something like that. oh wait, there is. the isu152 and look at the tears, you can form a fucking ocean with them. except now stuka can come 10mins into the game.
6 Jul 2014, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2014, 18:33 PMwongtp

yo fool, its destroying weapon teams in a barrage that is the problem, it happens. fuck decrews, that is fine. i lost a 320mp unit without a chance of salvaging it by someone who has to point and click into the fog of war?

mini scatter + 6 rockets and people are saying its okay? fuck that.

arty punishing blobs is fine, wiping a squad on demand is not and in stuka's case, it happens quite consistently. katyusha and pzwerfer destroys blobs without wiping them outright because they have to deal with scatter and in katyusha's case, pauses between shots. its bad luck if u get a squad wipe but the usual is 1-3 models lost per squad. that is fine, its punishing enough, bleeds menpower hard, but not usually an insta wipe.

as for priest, shots between pauses, thats more than enough reaction time to gtfo from the arty zone.

yet the stuka gives barely any reaction time and dont tell me there's the fucking sound, the shells land fast. and once the 1st shell hits, the area is so saturated with explosions it is either insta mass infantry retreat and dead support teams or insta squad wipe. unless you pray to the rng god and leave 1 man running away.

dont believe me? take a pak40 and zis. have the pak40 try to escape priest artillery zone then have the zis try to run from stuka artillery. chances are the pak40 will have a much better chance of survival and get probably drag its ass out of the arty zone and the priest is as harmless as 4th of july fireworks. now take that into stressful game conditions and tell me how the fuck is this okay?

so every minute, defensive lines will crumble or a mass rout will occur, if OKW player follows up with an assault.

i'd like to see the amount of crying when allied players get something like that. oh wait, there is. the isu152 and look at the tears, you can form a fucking ocean with them. except now stuka can come 10mins into the game.

This exactly this ^^^

Basically I lost a match because one of the Osts recon planed our advancing force and 2 stukas line fired backward and killed 90% of our entire army. I am talking Shermans, M10's, rifle squads, everything just got vaporized. Nothing we could have done, you can't just sit there and let the OKW get fuel otherwise a King Tiger is knocking on your door. But attacking them with the fucking walking stukas in team games is just ridiculous.

I realize the game has other balance problems but this unit right here is one of the most hilarious examples of broken balance ever. Right up there with the ISU-152 that had countless pages of threads written in it's honor.
6 Jul 2014, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2014, 08:03 AMKhan
If you're units had been spread out, you wouldn't have lost a single squad.

Ive had several times where a single valuable unit was caught in a choke point and I retreated but because it rakes in the retreat path it was cut down anyway.

As already noted it is not like OKW have anything else

The idea is to get the game as fun/polished/balanced as possible in the long run. That means if the game has big issues X Y and Z, you fix them. You don't neglect fixing a major problem just because it would make a faction temporarily weaker pending another balance patch.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2014, 07:25 AMwongtp
its effective even without the creeping barrage style of barrage. remove that and its cool. the stuka just have to mirror the one in vcoh not land consecutively in the retreat path of everything.

This. The damage is fine, the problem is you get severely punished for retreating from it.
6 Jul 2014, 19:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2014, 15:14 PMKhan

Lol, you mean the one where you blew up both bridges on Trois Point and then camped your way to Easy 8 and IS2 spam? That one was actually before the game where we beat you, which is what made beating your cheap cheese in the next game so satisfying. :)

If you'll look at my player card, you'll see I actually have more games as USF and Soviets as I do with Axis. And I've faced a fair deal of Stukas, but never have I lost more than 5-6 men per barrage. Most of them go without killing anything, because unlike you my squads are spread out. In a game I had after you, I got another Stuka, which after 5 barrages only had about 10 kills, whereas against you, after 5 barrages I had racked up 37+ kills. The difference?

Thank God the balance of this game is in the hands of Relic, and not people like yourself. If the latter were the case, the only feasible game mode would probably be mirror matches.
Cheers.

oh man, how about you write me another couple paragraphs that I won't read about how skilled you are with the stuka?

6 Jul 2014, 19:35 PM

oh man, how about you write me another couple paragraphs that I won't read about how skilled you are with the stuka?

Nope, clearly there's no point. :)

6 Jul 2014, 19:46 PM

Then it's settled, the Stuka is fine.
6 Jul 2014, 22:47 PM

And u bad

And Cyridius, it's strange you'd say my avatar means I'm biased for ze Germanz when you have a little explosion with a hammer and sickle in it. Pot kettle black.

Except I don't even play Soviets and my most played faction-game mode is Wehrmacht 1v1. It's more like me calling you bad at this game.

7 Jul 2014, 06:09 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Except I don't even play Soviets and my most played faction-game mode is Wehrmacht 1v1. It's more like me calling you bad at this game.

unfortunatly for you and possibly this community (not sure o_O) he has a point a very good point. It also has zero relevance with the argument/discussion presented in this thread is just (at risk of sounding like nullist) more ad hominem for the pile. (If there was an ad hominem god i would have found one. :()

TL;DR version

guys back on topic please! None of this off topic bullshit about whos avatar looks the most like hitler. :D (edit: or maybe not, my lack of faith in huminity is growing by the thread.) :(
7 Jul 2014, 06:32 AM

WiFi, the debate ended when the OP showed us his ability to reason logically with this post. :P
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS