Login

russian armor

Maxim spam

28 Jun 2014, 02:47 AM

so how exactly is okw suppose to counter it?
28 Jun 2014, 03:16 AM

Try to rush out a Flak Halftrack I guess.
28 Jun 2014, 03:22 AM

Flack track, the infantry gun works wonders vs it.
Also if you do have a kubel car, suppressing the mg reduces its effectiveness quite a bit
28 Jun 2014, 06:19 AM
Patrion 14

I'd just suggest being very cautious with your volks and sit in buildings/heavy cover since maxims can't really assault. Then tech for either flak halftrack or infantry support gun (depending on the map/his specific unit composition).
28 Jun 2014, 08:48 AM

Yes but maxim spam is able to deny important parts of the map long enough to stomp the OKW's feeble teching/building tree.
28 Jun 2014, 11:39 AM

Yep and we have faction that doesnt have the traditional anti maxim spam counters to demonstrate (like riflenades and the lmg upgrades). how OP the maxim is. This unit really needs a major nerf in the sense it needs a a very hefty packup time of 3 3.5 seconds so that you can actually properly flank it.
28 Jun 2014, 11:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2014, 11:39 AMJaigen
Yep and we have faction that doesnt have the traditional anti maxim spam counters to demonstrate (like riflenades and the lmg upgrades). how OP the maxim is. This unit really needs a major nerf in the sense it needs a a very hefty packup time of 3 3.5 seconds so that you can actually properly flank it.

Sure, give it also 160 degree cone as well, orincrease MG42 pack up time to 7s.

Up for that?

You don't flank with one squad, thats not called flank.

Flank is when you occupy a unit with one squad and then flank it with another.

But I wouldn't expect you to understand that, after all you've only played faction that a-moved for good couple of months.

You obviously haven't considered the possibility that specifically YOU are bad against it if it wasn't touched for how many months again?
28 Jun 2014, 13:08 PM

Katitof please stop Soviet fanboying.

And Relic are generally slow at balancing things, when they do, do suddenly balance changes they usually over nerf the "OP" Unit and over buff the "UP" Unit flipping the balance on its head - Relic are known for this, from first CoH and almost all the way throughout DoW series.

If you look at the pros and cons of MG42/Maxim, MG42 has a bigger Arc, Maxim is superior in every other way, faster set up time, faster reload time, faster reaction/aim times, better long range damage, better suppression, and hell you can even turn it to suppress a squad that tries to flank if you spot it early enough.

You literally need 3 squads all coming from a different direction to effective flank a maxim, If there are 2 in side the maxims Arc even spread out, with a few clicks you can suppress both pretty easy - yes ok you can do this with MG42 as well but it takes a lot longer due to reload/aim/suppression time, and on a lot of maps this is not possible due to the amount of choke points/lack of LoS blockers.

Maxim spam is annoying to play against especially on certain maps, I don't think the Maxim necessarly needs nerfing either, just Buff/fix MG42 and maybe make the Zis barrage cost more muni, to stop that 1-2 combo that is pretty easy to pull off.

And before anyone calls me a German fanboy, did I scream nerf Soviet? No. And I do play a bit of US and Soviet, more so US as I find Soviet too easy/not very skillful requirement, I enjoy Okw because it requires a lot more micro (if you don't just blob).

Best way to deal with maxims as Okw I find is 2-3 Sturmpios and a Kubel, get Kubel in at side/behind and then spread your Sturms as you push forward, use any LoS blockers if there are available and try to stick to cover as best as you can to lessen suppression effect - is someone is garrisoning up hard you pretty much have to get 7.5cm gun and destroy Garrisons - don't build your first truck until you know what you are dealing with. If it's maxims/zis, go Battlegroup and get a 7.5cm, if it's M3/sniper, go Mechanized and grab a Puma.

Tl;dr: If you scout maxims/Zis, get battlegroup + 7.5cm support gun, if you scout m3/sniper get mechanized and a puma. Always have 3-4 squads before first truck build or you will get pushed off resource points too easily.
28 Jun 2014, 13:16 PM

Katitof please stop Soviet fanboying.

I'm not, I'm merely pointing out how completely unreasonable and just plain retarded jaigens suggestions are.

But what can you expect from a lolcake baddie.

You'd noticed that yourself if you actually have read whole post, the quoted part included.
28 Jun 2014, 13:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2014, 13:16 PMKatitof

I'm not, I'm merely pointing out how completely unreasonable and just plain retarded jaigens suggestions are.

No your acting like a twat and you still haven answered the guys question how do you defeat maxim spam without lmg's and riflenade. the answer is simply you dont if he uses a combination of guards an maxims
28 Jun 2014, 13:30 PM

I find the flack halftrack to vulnerable because of it's set up time, it leaves extra time for a zis to Get a shot off and the maxim does decent damage, the infantry support gun is pretty good provided if it hits. I also find that both okw and the Americans lack counters to garrison buildings.
28 Jun 2014, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2014, 13:16 PMKatitof

You'd noticed that yourself if you actually have read whole post, the quoted part included.

Hm I guess, I wouldn't say the Maxim is OP but it could do with either a longer reload time or a slightly longer setup/pack up time, one so flanks are a little more effective, and 2 so you can't just instantly dodge out of rifle nades (if you spot the animation early enough it is possible).

It is true that Okw suffers due to lack of Smoke and long range explosives to deal with maxims early but you do have other options, if you get close with a sturmpio squad and the maxim doesn't retreat it dies, fast. And you can also just go where the maxims aren't give up that part of the map and go help Allies else where.
28 Jun 2014, 13:55 PM

Sit in buildings with volks, flank with sturmpios, always try to harass unprotected point since soviets t2 very immobile, then get obers, upgrade em with infrared stgs (spec ops doctrine required anyway to clear garrisons with cp3 grenades), snipe maxims.
28 Jun 2014, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2014, 11:41 AMKatitof

Sure, give it also 160 degree cone as well, orincrease MG42 pack up time to 7s.

Up for that?

You don't flank with one squad, thats not called flank.

Flank is when you occupy a unit with one squad and then flank it with another.

But I wouldn't expect you to understand that, after all you've only played faction that a-moved for good couple of months.

You obviously haven't considered the possibility that specifically YOU are bad against it if it wasn't touched for how many months again?

uhh flanking is attacking from the side or back. it doesnt require 2 squads. way to look like a dick.

im surprised you dont know that after 4000+ forum posts
28 Jun 2014, 17:27 PM

Katitoff is just a theory crafter keyboard fighter, his real skill of the game is just meh.
28 Jun 2014, 17:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2014, 17:18 PMwooof

uhh flanking is attacking from the side or back. it doesnt require 2 squads. way to look like a dick.

im surprised you dont know that after 4000+ forum posts

A flank is the side. Great observation.

Using flanking as a competent individual involves more than one squad. If all you do is arrive to the side with everything, all your opponent has to do is bloody turn around and you're back to a front to front fight.
28 Jun 2014, 17:34 PM

You've met me once in alpha when I was luling around with defensive doctrine experimental bo, which I've specifically stated at the start of our game <444>_<444> and that was far from my top performance being my first game of the day.

But you'd be surprised how many times I'm getting "woot, you actually play the game" comments during automatch.
28 Jun 2014, 17:35 PM

A flank is the side. Great observation.

Using flanking as a competent individual involves more than one squad. If all you do is arrive to the side with everything, all your opponent has to do is bloody turn around and you're back to a front to front fight.

28 Jun 2014, 19:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I would gladly exchange a bit of deploy time for a wider arc and the teleport magic of MG42.
28 Jun 2014, 23:43 PM

Yes but maxim spam is able to deny important parts of the map long enough to stomp the OKW's feeble teching/building tree.

I've played games against OKW where they only controlled 2-3 points and they were fine because VP's take 50 minutes to tick down and they just have to hold out until I bleed myself dry economically and they can push back.

Map control isn't very important in CoH2 as long as you can hold a munis/fuel point, which on a lot of maps they're pretty damn close to each other so it's no big deal. (Langres for example is awful for this.)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★