Login

russian armor

Lets talk Pgrens.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (13)down
3 Jun 2014, 13:28 PM

No. That's because I used them in a correct way.

Just let him believe they are german shock troops and enjoy his tears when he can't YOLO 2 conscripts over no over and win.
Pretty much all you can do when discussing balance with him.
3 Jun 2014, 13:50 PM

No. That's because I used them in a correct way.

Yes you did but if your opponent was a bit better he wouldn't lose 2 scripts to a single pg. that your playing against newbies doesnt make the pg better.
3 Jun 2014, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2014, 13:26 PMBurts

I don't know dude, i've seen some very good players including stephen and hans using them to pretty good effect. While PG might be underperforming, they definately aren't useless. If PG is buffed, so should PPSH be buffed abit because right now the PPSH does barely any damage at ranges more than 8 meters. While the MP 40 is still pretty decent at 12-15 meters...

As AI they are under performing. and on maps where paks are have less effect like stalinggrad i usually keep 1 pg and wait for the tank to arrive. this way i have invested 340 mp in AI and can switch it when i need to.
3 Jun 2014, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2014, 13:50 PMJaigen

Yes you did but if your opponent was a bit better he wouldn't lose 2 scripts to a single pg. that your playing against newbies doesnt make the pg better.

No. With Conscripts he needs to close in. If he stays at range he will get obliterated as PG got better mid range dps. Scripts do sheep long range so he needs to close in. The key is to let him come.
3 Jun 2014, 17:57 PM

PGs MIGHT be underperforming slightly for cost, but I think people still need to learn how to use them.
3 Jun 2014, 21:09 PM

How do you use them, cost effectively? They have some marginal utility in defending flanks, but an LMG Gren squad does the same just fine and is overall more viable. Same goes for the entire PG/Gren vs. Con meta. Once the Grens have LMGs and vet they offer much more bang for the buck than the PGrens - prolly even without the former. As for Shocks, PGrens lose to them hands down, and with DP Guards I would not put my money on the PGrens either unless the engagements starts up close to begin with. PGrens might offer superb DPS at midrange, but they are still squishy and it is much more difficult microwise to consciously keep the fight at midrange then it is to either rush in or stay at max.
Goes without saying that this current niche role does not correspond with their historical usage, either. Not that it has to, but its still kinda odd.
4 Jun 2014, 03:16 AM

Then you better switch to easier strat game like farmville, because you're going to flood forums with tears on WF.

I'm looking forward to half the new units getting hit by the nerfstick once there are actually enough players for a good meta with all 4 factions to develop.
4 Jun 2014, 03:25 AM

I'm looking forward to half the new units getting hit by the nerfstick once there are actually enough players for a good meta with all 4 factions to develop.

If that happens, all hell would break loose and CoH2 would be no more as so many people would quit. So many people bought WFA and they and already saw several things they bought with that money. Fat chance now of nerfs, unless people complain for no apparent reason. Why would you look forward to this, exactly? I think panzergrenadiers are going to get tweaked because what is supposed to be the best Ostheer assault troops will practically be OKW's core unit without the nade and schrecks. The core factions would be changed as a result of WFA, not the other way around. Meta improves, not downgrades.
5 Jun 2014, 10:06 AM

Permanently Banned

No. With Conscripts he needs to close in. If he stays at range he will get obliterated as PG got better mid range dps. Scripts do sheep long range so he needs to close in. The key is to let him come.

Aren't you one of the many soviet only fanboy posters here ? Reading through your posts you probably play 1% as Germans.

Next time play both factions and don't let the soviet fanboyism in you cloud your judgement. Besides Australians loving Russians is funny
5 Jun 2014, 18:20 PM
Donator 33

1. Pg carry assault rifles. These are not cc weapons. They are mid range weapons.

2. As long as you can double shrek them they are a balance issue if you buff their armor.

3. Pg spam with armor and shrecks is bad for the game.

4. They have a bundle nade and are for flanking not making the core of your army.

5. There are also doctorine that place them in armoured vehicles so you also have to consider that as well.

You have to think differently about pg. they are a flexible option for the ost. You only need one squad to supplement your core infantry maybe two.. They are used for tank hunting, at gun hunting or support weapon hunting. Use them in conjunction with superior german tanks and smoke. They are not for the human wave doctorine.......

+1
5 Jun 2014, 22:35 PM

Aren't you one of the many soviet only fanboy posters here ? Reading through your posts you probably play 1% as Germans.

Next time play both factions and don't let the soviet fanboyism in you cloud your judgement. Besides Australians loving Russians is funny

If that's anything you have to say do as all favour and STFU.
6 Jun 2014, 04:28 AM

The troll is strong with that one...
6 Jun 2014, 05:53 AM

Increasing their armor slightly honestly wont have a huge impact on their "surivive-ability" considering soviet mines, tank shots, and maxims would still be able to easily counter them. Giving them a higher armor value would allow them to finally be able to stand up to things like Shocks, which are a little bit more expensive than PGs, but wipe them out easily, even when PGs have mid-range advantage for a time, and con model snipes while they're on the move.
6 Jun 2014, 06:05 AM

I've changed my mind a little after seeing them used well (including beating shocks down with superior positioning) and I think the only issue is that they get headshot critted sometimes.. or whatever it is that lets any unit kill a model with one volley when they're out of cover.
6 Jun 2014, 06:20 AM
Donator 22

Increasing their armor slightly honestly wont have a huge impact on their "surivive-ability" considering soviet mines, tank shots, and maxims would still be able to easily counter them. Giving them a higher armor value would allow them to finally be able to stand up to things like Shocks, which are a little bit more expensive than PGs, but wipe them out easily, even when PGs have mid-range advantage for a time, and con model snipes while they're on the move.

AMEN :)
6 Jun 2014, 06:50 AM

The biggest problem with Panzergrenadiers is cost vs effectiveness. Yes they're usable, no they aren't performing well for their cost.
6 Jun 2014, 08:55 AM

Could somebody illustrate concretly just how to properly utilise PGs? I cannot for the life of me see much point in them. As for Shocks, ye, you can run away from shocks all day long, try to bait them over neg cover etc., but with similar skill that still wont cut it....
6 Jun 2014, 09:05 AM

Could somebody illustrate concretly just how to properly utilise PGs? I cannot for the life of me see much point in them. As for Shocks, ye, you can run away from shocks all day long, try to bait them over neg cover etc., but with similar skill that still wont cut it....

I mostly use just one squad with shreks working together with my pak 40 and later with stug or P4 against soviet mid armor. Used defensively in this combo they do a decent job against T34s, good job against T70/M3s and Su-85s. They are a niche unit now. Any other use seems to me that is not worthing.
6 Jun 2014, 09:17 AM

The biggest problem with Panzergrenadiers is cost vs effectiveness. Yes they're usable, no they aren't performing well for their cost.

Agreed. I'd welcome some cost decrease if they are supposed to stay this way.
6 Jun 2014, 11:11 AM

You're forgetting that cost vs effectiveness was the only reason to nerf their armor.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS