Login

russian armor

ISU-152

• This thread is locked
PAGES (35)down
20 May 2014, 06:15 AM

so that all of you crying? Relic in pachnoute said ISU sanded to the emergence of new factions, then what will happen to Sturmtiger or Jagdtiger (which everyone here dream)
The elephant was OP throughout the year existence of the game, the only thing that could destroy him - 2 shots point blank B-4 (which cost 180 ammo) but that it was all like that do not care.

20 May 2014, 08:53 AM

I think if they'll nerf these units to oblivion, nobody will give a f...k. ISU 152 is the tool of abusers and once ISU is nerfed, german faction has other tools to deal with the rest of the soviet armor.
Just reduce their range, accuracy at distance, and some of the damage output. Put them at 1 or 2 CPs later.

I'm tired of these units too (well not of the Elefant as I am of the ISU :P which I still consider to be more unbalanced than the Elefant).

Exactly.

50% of every game i play i see this bullshit unit. It often results in a good game degenerating into a grind while each infantry unit just gets obliterated by single shot. I don't think ost should be forced to wait until 25th minute to select doctrine just on possibility soviets use ISU. I shouldn't have to abuse elephant just to stay competitive.

It is beyond frustrating to be outplaying your opponent then loose to this shit. Anyone who say L2p is simply trolling. Most attempts to flank usually fail because you cannot get near the fucking thing without your opponent noticing and most times there are 2 - 3 zis guns plus guards surrounding it. And if you do suceed you loose everything in the process meaning gg.

If this is the direction relic is taking the game with the expansion then i think the game's days are numbered. These type of units simply breed anger and contempt for the game and most people will simply walk away.....
20 May 2014, 09:44 AM

I think if they'll nerf these units to oblivion, nobody will give a f...k. ISU 152 is the tool of abusers and once ISU is nerfed, german faction has other tools to deal with the rest of the soviet armor.
Just reduce their range, accuracy at distance, and some of the damage output. Put them at 1 or 2 CPs later.

I'm tired of these units too (well not of the Elefant as I am of the ISU :P which I still consider to be more unbalanced than the Elefant).

Point is however that when you get Elephant ISU-152 is no threat at all.
I don't mind ISU-152 on maps like Moscow Outskirts with plenty routes to flank my opponent. It the small maps like Crossing in the woods (which ironically I like) that will let you to abuse these units.
20 May 2014, 10:08 AM

+500 replies. Relic do your job.
20 May 2014, 11:04 AM

No response from Relic staff yet in any of these kind of post.

Why ????

Aren't they going to check it out at least, in the future?
20 May 2014, 11:10 AM

This unit pisses me off beyond everything. Watching my hard earned vet3 grens getting vaporized squad after squad makes my heart bleed :(
I can literally preserve my whole early game army most of the times now, but when this beast arrives it's all gone.

Seems like every other game escalates into the ISU vs Elephant. 2on2 meta is so fucking boring atm. I've been avid user of ISU myself since the release but in this patch it just feels so fucking cheap and dirty.
20 May 2014, 11:17 AM

No response from Relic staff yet in any of these kind of post.

Why ????

Aren't they going to check it out at least, in the future?

Because they are focused on WF so much that they forgot they have a community outside NDA forums DUUUH.
20 May 2014, 11:50 AM

I've done it with Vet 3 P4 and a normal P4. A single Panther and a single Tiger.

By sitting and doing nothing, the game would be a certain loss anyway, so taking a somewhat risky flank to win the game is fair play in my book. Beating that one unit can (and does in the case of the ISU) change the battlefield and when these opportunities come along, I won't pussy foot around, I'll go and deal with it aggressively and strategically. Granted there is a decent bit of risk involved as already mentioned, but it's a game... Take a risk to get the win.

That has nothing to do with balance, it just means you beat a MUCH worse player. Mindless flanks with risk doesnt work against good players, and shouldn't be rewarded. You can't do combined arms push (minesweepers, infantry, paks, other tanks, etc.) without losing squads instantly. The point about this thread is that if you even face an equally skilled opponent, unless you get an elefant, u'll have a much harder time winning. It gets very boring and dry when games come down to this.
21 May 2014, 16:12 PM

Yesterday I won a game in rails and metals as soviets.

I made 2 conscripts / 2 snipers and 2 guards. units always in green cover and snipers bleeding infantry. A couple of mines covering choke points.

The enemy had no chance in early/mid game. 2 scout cars died trying to kill my snipers. In late game I made an ISU152, he made 2 panthers and pushed to kill my ISU with a big offensive (infantry and 2panthers) from 2 different flanks. Ok. The result: 1 Panther buttoned and marked. The other panther AT naded. first tank was destroyed after 3ºrd shot. then I turned to kill the damaged engine panther. I managed to button him again but it was late. The panther was dead. After that, killing the remaining infantry wasn't hard with the ISU. (enemy had no schreks but in case of, I would priorize them with my snipers). I have to clarify that I had no T2 / AT gun covering my tank.
What did the enemy made wrong? I'll tell you. Not going for ELEPHANT.
21 May 2014, 19:07 PM

I also played an ugly 2v2 yesterday where I was winning until ISU152 came out. Deployed an elephant, but even that was not enough because he had mark target. Had to wait again to get 2nd elephant, since he had multiple ISU's. He got up to 3 152's at one point. Neither I nor my teammate could use any infantry, and even though he could not cap much with his two infantry squads it was ugly.

We finally won once I pushed him off the field, but if they had played a little better we would easily have lost. The win felt very hollow since it was so stupid to see 3 152's and 2 elephants duking it out.
21 May 2014, 19:42 PM

Playing a 2 vs 2 trying a new strategie without an Elefant?
GG you can dominate early and mid but if you don't finish before lategame this thing will destroy everything.
21 May 2014, 20:11 PM

Just had one of the most absurd moments of ISU-action ever. Successful RNG roll on Elephant, crew shocked, followed by IL2 Bombstrike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Gl0HlhiUk

After that, the thing racked up to 80 kills total.
21 May 2014, 20:31 PM

I also played an ugly 2v2 yesterday where I was winning until ISU152 came out. Deployed an elephant, but even that was not enough because he had mark target. Had to wait again to get 2nd elephant, since he had multiple ISU's. He got up to 3 152's at one point. Neither I nor my teammate could use any infantry, and even though he could not cap much with his two infantry squads it was ugly.

We finally won once I pushed him off the field, but if they had played a little better we would easily have lost. The win felt very hollow since it was so stupid to see 3 152's and 2 elephants duking it out.

Could be you were probably winning because he was saving up for those ISU's :)

"Even that was not enough"

The elephant is really just as much bs as the ISU in team games, especially with the scope and stuka bombs to hard counter any zis guns

21 May 2014, 21:01 PM

One thing that truly bugs me about this game is abusive strats such as going maxim spam, sniper spam etc. Support units that are supposed to support infantry, not the other way around. Just attack move, and there you go, they can suddenly hold their own without much effort. Same goes for BS ISU of course (except attack moving obviously). It's a god damn assault gun, not a tank (read this imagining Imperial Danes voice). Game is completely broken because of this and with an expansion coming out next month one can't really expect a patch anywhere soon fixing this crap.
21 May 2014, 21:02 PM

Could be you were probably winning because he was saving up for those ISU's :)

"Even that was not enough"

The elephant is really just as much bs as the ISU in team games, especially with the scope and stuka bombs to hard counter any zis guns

I doubt he had such a large advantage on me in MP since I was saving for an elephant.

I am not here to argue the elephant is fair/well balanced, I am just here to talk about 152 since we are in that thread.

End game is sooooooooooooo boring in this patch.
22 May 2014, 19:00 PM

Permanently Banned
even elephant has no chance against this cheater unit specially when he just brings in AT guns in front knowing any infantry will be massacred.

So when is Peter and Relic going to fix it or are they worried that the soviet fan club which seems to have migrated from the official forums and now plague these (eg katitof) will throw a hissy fit ?
22 May 2014, 19:17 PM

Did anyone try to pack some PGs with Schrecks in an M3 driving behind the ISU?
#Neverforget
22 May 2014, 19:19 PM

Hard to get M3's with germans tho
22 May 2014, 19:53 PM

Did anyone try to pack some PGs with Schrecks in an M3 driving behind the ISU?
#Neverforget

In fact I did try this but AT guns with their infantry detection easily allow Soviet player to react before any real damage was dealt.

Lolz, realized you wrote M3. Did not try that, next time I will quit unless I can get some abandoned M3's. :)
22 May 2014, 19:57 PM

In fact I did try this but AT guns with their infantry detection easily allow Soviet player to react before any real damage was dealt.

Lolz, realized you wrote M3. Did not try that, next time I will quit unless I can get some abandoned M3's. :)

the reason why ISU-152 is OP is because you lose all map control due to shocks in an M3.

An isu-152 doctrine with shocks.. Jesus relic, did you even TEST how horribly overpowered are shocks in an M3? i mean they can litteraly force off a single grenadier squad....
PAGES (35)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS