Login

russian armor

ISU-152

• This thread is locked
PAGES (35)down
13 May 2014, 13:42 PM

What I disagree however is the statement that only ISU should be adjusted and there is nothing wrong in Elephant prised by some of the more vocal German supporters on this forum.

You also have people on this page saying that they are equally OP which I find very disagreeable. If we Nerf the ISU like it deserves, we will have to think carefully about what the Elefant will be like in games. If we get ISU range adjustments then we should rightfully reduce Elefant range - they're basically a package deal there. But if we keep ISU range and just reduce it's damage profile a bit to reduce the probability of one shotting squads, I'm not sure the Elefant would need any adjustment to compensate. The ISU would still be an extremely powerful and long range tool useful against all enemy unit types.

Sweeping proposals like adding lockdown abilities, reducing range, increasing scatter, reducing damage of the Ele all going in one big patch are something I vehemently oppose because of how unpredictable it will be on the landscape of the game. We do want to change the 2v2 meta by making alternate strategies more viable. But we have to be careful not to rock the boat too much without thorough testing.
13 May 2014, 13:43 PM

These units are probably more OP in lower level games as well, because people tend to be less aggressive and hence easily allow someone to save for one. And then also less skilled players may struggle to pull off a good flank.
13 May 2014, 13:47 PM

If we Nerf the ISU like it deserves, we will have to think carefully about what the Elefant will be like in games. If we get ISU range adjustments then we should rightfully reduce Elefant range - they're basically a package deal there. But if we keep ISU range and just reduce it's damage profile a bit to reduce the probability of one shotting squads, I'm not sure the Elefant would need any adjustment to compensate. The ISU would still be an extremely powerful and long range tool useful against all enemy unit types.

This. +1.
13 May 2014, 13:49 PM

As condescending as people can get about that yes, the game isn't supposed to only be balanced for the minority of top tier players. By definition most of the people who ever play (and purchase) the game are going to be low or mid tier.
Neo
13 May 2014, 14:33 PM

As condescending as people can get about that yes, the game isn't supposed to only be balanced for the minority of top tier players. By definition most of the people who ever play (and purchase) the game are going to be low or mid tier.

Rank is not very important to understanding balance. Someone can have poor micro but understand the game well.

What is impossible is to form a balanced perspective of units if you never actually use them yourself and/or never play against them. Someone with 4 games as Soviet has no business talking about balance.

What's more, a lot of these fanboys for both factions say stuff like "When I play X faction, I don't feel Y unit is OP" whereas in fact they almost never play that faction at all.

When confronted with the fact that they have no experience of what they're talking about, they hide behind statements like "Even if i had ZERO soviet games I would still know the faction from the opponent posture." which anyone who has ever played both factions equally knows to be a false argument.

Anyway, clearly forums will always have fanboys and I'm glad that they're now starting to self-identify as fanboys so we can all tell the difference between them and objective posters.
13 May 2014, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 14:33 PMNeo

Rank is not very important to understanding balance. Someone can have poor micro but understand the game well.

What is impossible is to form a balanced perspective of units if you never actually use them yourself and/or never play against them. Someone with 4 games as Soviet has no business talking about balance.

What's more, a lot of these fanboys for both factions say stuff like "When I play X faction, I don't feel Y unit is OP" whereas in fact they almost never play that faction at all.

When confronted with the fact that they have no experience of what they're talking about, they hide behind statements like "Even if i had ZERO soviet games I would still know the faction from the opponent posture." which anyone who has ever played both factions equally knows to be a false argument.

Anyway, clearly forums will always have fanboys and I'm glad that they're now starting to self-identify as fanboys so we can all tell the difference between them and objective posters.

One thing for sure, if you are an objective poster I'm His Holiness The Pope. All you write is soviet bias and insidious suggestions that at a closer look are ALLWAYS supporting soviets (but in an insidious way, suggesting sometimes nerf on both sides - like Ele - ISU case even if german ones are not needed or justifiable). So see, it doesn't matter that you played more games with german faction than I played with the soviet one. You are still a soviet fanboy in disguise. Conclusion is that - according to your logic too - your posts shouldn't be taken seriously neither.
Neo
13 May 2014, 15:06 PM

All you write is soviet bias

My suggestions for this patch are to nerf ISU, nerf Elephant and nerf Soviet mine damage.

The only thing I care about is balance for both sides (since I play both).

The fact is that ISU is currently by far and away the most OP unit in the game. There is no discussion about that.

The issue for me that once ISU gets rightly nerfed, Elephant will go back to be the uncounterable unit it always was and this would also be unacceptable in terms of balance.

13 May 2014, 18:02 PM

You also have people on this page saying that they are equally OP which I find very disagreeable. If we Nerf the ISU like it deserves, we will have to think carefully about what the Elefant will be like in games. If we get ISU range adjustments then we should rightfully reduce Elefant range - they're basically a package deal there. But if we keep ISU range and just reduce it's damage profile a bit to reduce the probability of one shotting squads, I'm not sure the Elefant would need any adjustment to compensate. The ISU would still be an extremely powerful and long range tool useful against all enemy unit types.

Sweeping proposals like adding lockdown abilities, reducing range, increasing scatter, reducing damage of the Ele all going in one big patch are something I vehemently oppose because of how unpredictable it will be on the landscape of the game. We do want to change the 2v2 meta by making alternate strategies more viable. But we have to be careful not to rock the boat too much without thorough testing.,

And that's why you're wrong.
Both ISU and Ele need adjustments. I haven't lost single game in which I managed to field Elephant. No matter how dire it was, ISU or not it didn't matter because I was able to 2 shoot any Soviet armour from across the map without even getting close to real danger. How can you say it's not OP? As a German I'm not worried about Cons because my usually vet3 or 2 Grenadiers are more than enough to deal with them. The only thing I worry and can threaten me are Soviet tanks and with Elephant that's not a problem anymore. You say use ZiS? Bring it on. I use grenadiers and flank them with my tanks while Elephant will be 2 shooting Soviet tanks? How can you even consider this being OK?
If you want to only change ISU and leave Ele alone than I'd say f...k it. ISU is fine.
13 May 2014, 19:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 15:06 PMNeo

My suggestions for this patch are to nerf ISU, nerf Elephant and nerf Soviet mine damage.

The only thing I care about is balance for both sides (since I play both).

The fact is that ISU is currently by far and away the most OP unit in the game. There is no discussion about that.

The issue for me that once ISU gets rightly nerfed, Elephant will go back to be the uncounterable unit it always was and this would also be unacceptable in terms of balance.

Who counters Elefant with ISU? WTF? against a competent player? he would crush you, no doubt.
Neo
13 May 2014, 19:11 PM

Who counters Elefant with ISU? WTF? against a competent player? he would crush you, no doubt.

The Elephant has no counter.

That said, a doctrine with Guards (button) + IL2 bomb strike + a unit with the same range as Elephant that can stun the crew is as close as you'll get to being able to counter the Elephant.
13 May 2014, 19:24 PM

P4's can't damage ISU anymore ))) that's so funny after patch...
13 May 2014, 20:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 19:24 PMDavidKh
P4's can't damage ISU anymore ))) that's so funny after patch...

what a shame :(
13 May 2014, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 19:11 PMNeo

The Elephant has no counter.

That said, a doctrine with Guards (button) + IL2 bomb strike + a unit with the same range as Elephant that can stun the crew is as close as you'll get to being able to counter the Elephant.

Well.. agreed. Or also a mega offensive with 6 T34 could work :p
13 May 2014, 21:08 PM

I've always wanted to flank from different sides with 2 T34, ram and use bomb strike.

I've only ever managed that against tigers, and even with crew shock it still recovers and moves out the way in time :(
14 May 2014, 12:27 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 15:06 PMNeo

This^^
14 May 2014, 12:59 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I don't mind the ISU 152 to be honest, but beeing able to one-shot squads aswell as two hit tanks from a distance is just stupid. It should be either/or. At least the Elephant excells in the anti tank role, but not at both.
14 May 2014, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2014, 12:59 PMluvnest
I don't mind the ISU 152 to be honest, but beeing able to one-shot squads aswell as two hit tanks from a distance is just stupid. It should be either/or. At least the Elephant excells in the anti tank role, but not at both.

The funny thing is, no one ever asked about ISU AT buffs.
People always wanted it to be more durable for the price and that was a rightful buff.

ISU AT was just as uncalled for as StuG III AI.
14 May 2014, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2014, 12:59 PMluvnest

...and that is why for ISU alot of people agree that it needs nerfing while for Elefant manny of them don't. Which is perfectly logical.
Somehow, it's similar to KV-8 case. Why KV-8 is allowed to exist when it inflicts such damage on infantry while being verry hard to kill? Because it inflicts heavy damage just on infantry. Did they diminish that crazy damage? No. They just lowered a little its health.

So is Elefant case, it inflicts heavy damage just on tanks. Whiners about Ele AT capabilities should just deal with it. Period.

P.S. I wonder what "good-will" people will post, having in view I have my player card in signature :nahnah:. What other statistics and figures. ... I can't wait.... :clap:
14 May 2014, 13:44 PM
Donator 22

...and that is why for ISU alot of people agree that it needs nerfing while for Elefant manny of them don't. Which is perfectly logical.

Logical, maybe?
Correct? No.
Neo
14 May 2014, 14:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2014, 13:07 PMKatitof

The funny thing is, no one ever asked about ISU AT buffs.

I did. Prior to this patch a Tiger could drive straight at an ISU from 100 range and still kill it, face to face.

The ISU should be good against tanks. What it shouldn't be is a squad-wiping machine from your own base.
PAGES (35)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS