Login

russian armor

ISU-152

• This thread is locked
PAGES (35)down
30 Jul 2014, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 19:15 PMMadeMan
Am I the only one who hasn't found this unit to be all that amazing?

I've used it in 1v1 a few times and I hardly see it get squad wipes. It's a good general purpose assault gun (as the AT is quite good too) if it's protected, but I rarely see it destroying armies.

I don't play team games, so is it that much more dangerous in 2v2 and up?

The squadwiping is overdone by some. It's a solid assault gun. It won't win games by itself, but it will be able to effectively engage any target on the field if properly used and supported.

It's mobility and pathing are so shit, however, that driving/bypassing its support or even misclicking can lead to disaster. For its price tag, I think it's balanced.
30 Jul 2014, 19:59 PM

The squadwiping is overdone by some. It's a solid assault gun. It won't win games by itself, but it will be able to effectively engage any target on the field if properly used and supported.

It's mobility and pathing are so shit, however, that driving/bypassing its support or even misclicking can lead to disaster. For its price tag, I think it's balanced.

I can relate to the pathing issues etc. Sometimes you think there is a clear shot, but it'll drive around a small hedge or something like that and put itself in danger. Overall I find it's a good unit for 1v1, but only on certain maps where you can get a clear shot at something.
30 Jul 2014, 20:05 PM

ISU-152 is in team games (3v3/4v4) the unit that gives us the most trouble. Infantry becomes completely pointless while the ISU-152 stays on the battlefield, and if the ISU-152 is supported by Anti-Tank guns or team mate tanks, it is nearly impossible to just go and flank it with tanks (some maps don't even allow proper flanking). Since it also has a lot of health and good armor from the front, you cannot destroy it quickly.

Basically like Jagdtiger and Elefant in that regard, but with the difference that against those you just can send your tanks away and still keep your infantry in the play until you are ready to tackle it, while with the ISU you have to either be able to take it down very quickly or lose map control.

Enemies can also place mines, and since you cannot move your infantry on the battlefield you cannot even use a minesweeper to clear them. If your tanks drive over the mines when attempting an attack on the ISU, you have basically lost the game at that stage, since you are not going to get to that ISU and lose those tanks and are now completely in the disadvantage.

I am not suggesting any balance changes for the units because I don't know what I would change if I were to take a change, but that is how the situation feels to me in those game modes.
31 Jul 2014, 10:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 20:05 PMgokkel
ISU-152 is in team games (3v3/4v4) the unit that gives us the most trouble. Infantry becomes completely pointless while the ISU-152 stays on the battlefield, and if the ISU-152 is supported by Anti-Tank guns or team mate tanks, it is nearly impossible to just go and flank it with tanks (some maps don't even allow proper flanking). Since it also has a lot of health and good armor from the front, you cannot destroy it quickly.

Basically like Jagdtiger and Elefant in that regard, but with the difference that against those you just can send your tanks away and still keep your infantry in the play until you are ready to tackle it, while with the ISU you have to either be able to take it down very quickly or lose map control.

Enemies can also place mines, and since you cannot move your infantry on the battlefield you cannot even use a minesweeper to clear them. If your tanks drive over the mines when attempting an attack on the ISU, you have basically lost the game at that stage, since you are not going to get to that ISU and lose those tanks and are now completely in the disadvantage.

I am not suggesting any balance changes for the units because I don't know what I would change if I were to take a change, but that is how the situation feels to me in those game modes.

This. All this.

Take away its squad-wipe power and then either its anti-inf pwning or its anti-tank penetration/damage. After this reduce the MP cost to reflect its new lower performance. Voila, fun returns to CoH.

Oh and change the maps so flanking is more feasible.

And change soviet mines so they're either more expensive (to reflect the double ability of giving engine damage and high inf damage) or only perform one role (like the whermacht 2 types of mines. 30 munis for a mine that does everything is wrong.
31 Jul 2014, 10:46 AM

Permanently Banned
31 Jul 2014, 10:57 AM

No. Still squad wipes across the board.

The real problem is that you can't use infantry to scout the position because they will be shredded to pieces when closing in so you have to move your tanks blindly which don't usually ends good.
16 Nov 2015, 19:20 PM

The first photo isnt ISU 152 but SU 152

And that third IS 2 was destroyed by Tiger II from short distance by three shots between turret and hull.

If somebody think that IS 2 was worse at antitank fights in compare Panther and Tiger read this:

http://tankarchives.blogspot.sk/2013/07/is-2-vs-big-cats-at-lvov.html

http://tankarchives.blogspot.ca/2013/03/combat-accuracy-of-is-2.html

If it is stupid propaganda, then everything from german side about destroyed soviet vehicles it is.

like the 6 gazillion tigers destroyed at kursk. nice commie hoax.
16 Nov 2015, 19:55 PM

like the 6 gazillion tigers destroyed at kursk. nice commie hoax.

I reward you with:

16 Nov 2015, 20:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think we have another thread regarding ISU152. Don't necro.
PAGES (35)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS