Login

russian armor

ISU-152

• This thread is locked
PAGES (35)down
11 May 2014, 19:14 PM

And whining by German players doesn't exist?

Have you noticed that he speaks all the time about whining and not a single of his posts is NOT a whining of himself?

He should be called Sgt. Hypocrite.
11 May 2014, 23:12 PM

i only play 1v1's, so i don't use the isu.... but if it's really squadwiping with every other shot, then i say nerf it. that would frustrate me to NO END if i was playing german
11 May 2014, 23:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2014, 23:12 PMbuckers
i only play 1v1's, so i don't use the isu.... but if it's really squadwiping with every other shot, then i say nerf it. that would frustrate me to NO END if i was playing german

For every time it lands a hit, I would estimate between a 33 and 50% chance of a squad wipe. If you've already lost a man, probably higher than that. It doesn't hit 100% of the time but it is frighteningly effective regardless.
11 May 2014, 23:38 PM

ISU, Elefant stuff is the main reason why i stopped playing 1v1's 2v2's. I don't really care about 3v3 or 4v4 cuz it's perfect for some trolling
12 May 2014, 02:08 AM

Any now look what they have done to the state of the game. Getting 70% soviet players in match find. Balance has been ruined by a few whiners on the forums. Soviet players now dominating..

Relic is stupid.

The state of the game is the best it has ever been. You are pretty much blind to not see that. It was clear that the Soviets were lagging far behind and serious buffs were in order. Currently the only major problems are the ISU and elephant. The minor problems vary based on opinion, for example I still think that the troop training is an unfair ability. In terms of faction balance however There is nothing truly game breaking right now. The reason there are so many Soviet OP posts is because German ELO's have been rather inflated over the past few patches. The recent posts calling Soviets OP is just like when the Soviet faction no longer had to deal with instant pinning mg42s and the forums went crazy with my mg42 no longer win games easily and Soviets are OP. There is not a whole lot you can really argue, Go ask the upper level players on their streams what they think.

You are just wrong pretty much all the time.
12 May 2014, 06:57 AM

The state of the game is the best it has ever been. You are pretty much blind to not see that. It was clear that the Soviets were lagging far behind and serious buffs were in order. Currently the only major problems are the ISU and elephant. The minor problems vary based on opinion, for example I still think that the troop training is an unfair ability. In terms of faction balance however There is nothing truly game breaking right now. The reason there are so many Soviet OP posts is because German ELO's have been rather inflated over the past few patches. The recent posts calling Soviets OP is just like when the Soviet faction no longer had to deal with instant pinning mg42s and the forums went crazy with my mg42 no longer win games easily and Soviets are OP. There is not a whole lot you can really argue, Go ask the upper level players on their streams what they think.

You are just wrong pretty much all the time.

Well, this is just your point of view. Yours and other's thinking like this. But there are other people thinking different. I wouldn't say nothing about balance, things are strange to me right now related to this issue. But what I can tell you is that for this game (as in vCoh was) there were no recips of winning. Now, there are. Before in order to win, you had to change your tactics constantly but not anymore. When some units virtualy disappeared from the game (like Panthers) and almost everybody is relying on call-ins or 2-3 exclusive combos, something's wrong.
12 May 2014, 10:06 AM

Anyone else think its ironic that people want Ele and ISU toned down, yet relic is about to release the German army with bigger and badder tanks than ever lol.
12 May 2014, 10:42 AM

Anyone else think its ironic that people want Ele and ISU toned down, yet relic is about to release the German army with bigger and badder tanks than ever lol.

Nobody have problem with power, but Relic must ballance power/price off all units. Elefants and ISU are much good for they price. Why build another tanks, if you can have the best?
12 May 2014, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2014, 10:42 AMAradan

Nobody have problem with power, but Relic must ballance power/price off all units. Elefants and ISU are much good for they price. Why build another tanks, if you can have the best?

That's true from soviet point of view - ISU is the best unit against everything. As for germans, Elefant is the best (and maybe only viable) choice against heavy tanks and is performing just against tanks. I would never put an equal mark between these two. From german perspective, what would you prefer? Teching to T4 , building panthers or call-in an Elefant? Problem is, everything german faction has against heavy armor this patch except Elefant, isn't worth its money or it's to thin.
12 May 2014, 11:43 AM

That's true from soviet point of view - ISU is the best unit against everything. As for germans, Elefant is the best (and maybe only viable) choice against heavy tanks and is performing just against tanks. I would never put an equal mark between these two. From german perspective, what would you prefer? Teching to T4 , building panthers or call-in an Elefant? Problem is, everything german faction has against heavy armor this patch except Elefant, isn't worth its money or it's to thin.

Care to elaborate?
12 May 2014, 11:46 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Nonsense, paks and stugs (I know its nerfed but fuel is cheap so 2 of them rock) work better than ever against any soviet tank that is not the isu. Pak43 is great against shermanand t3485 guys since no offmap. Shrecks I agree are just a giant liability now unless the soviet player only builds t4 for some reason.
12 May 2014, 15:11 PM

Stugs are beasts now.

12 May 2014, 19:14 PM

I have read this thread in it's entirety and have come to the conclusion that OztheWizard is not a Wizard but is in fact a Troll.

That's really the only thing I've picked up on in this thread.

Just one thing I'd like to point out:
1 Shotting a squad = Dead
2 Shotting a squad = Chance to retreat
HUGE difference in CoH2.
Atleast give them a chance to retreat if you're shooting from 100 range. You'll starve them of manpower, is that not enough?
12 May 2014, 21:54 PM

FYI
I retracted my original statement latter in this topic.

What I disagree however is the statement that only ISU should be adjusted and there is nothing wrong in Elephant prised by some of the more vocal German supporters on this forum.
13 May 2014, 12:15 PM
Patrion 14

Encountered the ISU-152 for the first time on the field.

I had my opponent pretty much base pinned. Suddenly an explosion on the field and my MG42 was gone.
Oke, not a big deal, maybe a satchel charge i didnt see?
Another explosion, my PG squad? Gone..

Oooh, now i see where its coming from. A huge tank in the entrance of the Soviet base. Wiping out my units one by one. Sometimes im lucky enough to keep 1 or 2 man alive and retreat.

I had two AT guns on the field. Completely useless because that tank has a much bigger range than those things anyway.. Comon, what is this bullshit? A tank with a bigger range than an AT gun and wiping out units one by one.

Recently i saw a stream with Elephants. Oke, they have a huge range to, but they are not very effective versus infantry.. That IS-152 just wipes out everything.

I tried to launch some counter attacks but got pushed back all the time, squads got wiped off the field by that 152 and infantry and support units in the front of it.

Now dont say, just get an elephant to counter it.. You are not supposed to get a doctrine unit to counter another unit decently..

Just what i think about this "tank".

If you ask me, health for this tank is fine. I managed to get some fausts on that tank and those did decent damage. Just changing the damage it does versus infantry would be fine. The instant squad wipes are nonsense..
Neo
13 May 2014, 12:57 PM

Guys, in case you're wondering why you're struggling to make SSHeini and ppl like that understand why Elephant is as OP as the ISU, struggle no longer:

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198090176100
13 May 2014, 13:01 PM

Thanks I didn't see it for sometime now but I knew I can rely on you for that. Can anyone say how can I post that link on my bar in order to spare the work of good-will people? Posted it several times untill now but it seems it's required more often.
Neo
13 May 2014, 13:02 PM

You can put it in your signature in your profile on the forum (top right of this page).
13 May 2014, 13:10 PM

Perfect, it worked.

Now:
1. What you are implying it's irelevant. I can make an opinion from the number of my soviet games no matter what you are saying.
2. Even if i had ZERO soviet games I would still know the faction from the opponent posture.
3. I don't care about your opinions, I rarely find something decent besides soviet bias in your written crap. But you already know this.
13 May 2014, 13:23 PM

Don't need to be in the top 100 to know ISU and Ele is op as hell.
This topic was good untill all the personal attacks and fanbois came in.
PAGES (35)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS