Login

russian armor

ISU-152

• This thread is locked
PAGES (35)down
5 May 2014, 09:11 AM

Despite of your usual batshit, it is quite easy indirect nerfing these two unit.

- remove their scope
- hull down like marder III or it is just a Pak40 on wheels
- still remove their scope and cone sight then they would need spotter to work

- ISU HE shell definitely need to go away

Some reasonable ideas there.

The main diffrence between the Elefant and the ISU-152 is, that the latter murders infantry and tanks alike while the former murders tanks only.
5 May 2014, 09:51 AM
Patrion 310

Some reasonable ideas there.

The main diffrence between the Elefant and the ISU-152 is, that the latter murders infantry and tanks alike while the former murders tanks only.

That is true however you cannot ignore the fact that the elephant has less viable counters that can be used against it. Soviets have no hard counter vs it but Germans have a hard counter for the ISU.

Having a lock down like the Marder had in COH1 is a viable option. Stops them retreating so easily and would make flanking far easier. The problem I see with that is the Elephant right now is still more durable than the ISU. Maybe recon / stuka needs removing from the commander to open up the use of artillery vs it.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the new armies are released.
5 May 2014, 10:05 AM

That is true however you cannot ignore the fact that the elephant has less viable counters that can be used against it. Soviets have no hard counter vs it but Germans have a hard counter for the ISU.

The elephant is the hard counter to ISU, but a game where both feature is not even close to an instant win for Germans since both players will have an army surrounding them. The Elephant's support units are vulnerable to the ISU, while the ISU's support units are not vulnerable to the Elephant. Not that the ISU is a slouch for anti-armor work, even if it loses head to head with the Ele.

I have joked before about removing both vehicles from the game, but the more I think about it the better the idea seems. The game would be more interesting and probably easier to balance without them. At least for German 2v2, the Ele is a 100% necessary call-in to have at your disposal just in case the other player brings the ISU. And as of this patch, we're seeing that in most games.
5 May 2014, 10:19 AM
Patrion 310

I have joked before about removing both vehicles from the game, but the more I think about it the better the idea seems. The game would be more interesting and probably easier to balance without them. At least for German 2v2, the Ele is a 100% necessary call-in to have at your disposal just in case the other player brings the ISU. And as of this patch, we're seeing that in most games.

I agree. The jagdpanther worked fine as dedicated AT without silly range.
5 May 2014, 12:16 PM

The elephant is the hard counter to ISU, but a game where both feature is not even close to an instant win for Germans since both players will have an army surrounding them. The Elephant's support units are vulnerable to the ISU, while the ISU's support units are not vulnerable to the Elephant. Not that the ISU is a slouch for anti-armor work, even if it loses head to head with the Ele.

That's more often than not because German player have no idea how to "abuse" Elephant's potential and long range.
6 May 2014, 00:36 AM

I agree. The jagdpanther worked fine as dedicated AT without silly range.

I think we all would love it if elephant was replaced by the jagdpanther.
6 May 2014, 01:01 AM

Both super-heavies need to be changed like some have suggested: make them lock down before they can fire, and dont allow them to rotate more than I dunno, 70 degrees. Have a cool-down for the lock-down of 30 seconds, and suddenly you can flank them or play the other side of the map.
6 May 2014, 01:20 AM

I think we all would love it if elephant was replaced by the jagdpanther.

..not me, the reign of SU85 spam would begin.
6 May 2014, 01:42 AM

And that is why paks and shrecks exist :D
6 May 2014, 18:24 PM

Jagdpanther(from vCOH) could do circles around su85, stop, and line up in rear before su could even get a quarter turn. Jagdpanther would obviously be on par with su as far as range as well. Honestly, if elephant is a problem, then just wait for jagdtiger. 120mm is going to be like 2x isu shot lol. if isu shoots tactical nukes, jagdtiger will launch ballistic missile nukes that destroy the entire screen.i guess they could go with the 88 version, has anyone seen it in any trailers to confirm which model?
6 May 2014, 18:42 PM

Jagdpanther(from vCOH) could do circles around su85, stop, and line up in rear before su could even get a quarter turn. Jagdpanther would obviously be on par with su as far as range as well. Honestly, if elephant is a problem, then just wait for jagdtiger. 120mm is going to be like 2x isu shot lol. if isu shoots tactical nukes, jagdtiger will launch ballistic missile nukes that destroy the entire screen.i guess they could go with the 88 version, has anyone seen it in any trailers to confirm which model?

But the ISU had a larger caliber gun than the Jagdtiger. It'll be more like an IS-2 shot.
6 May 2014, 18:51 PM

I'm really looking forward to see 128mm AP shell do more then 152mm HE shell.

Sadly, jadgtiger will not be better then elephant, because there can't be anything better then 100% penetration and two shooting tanks, unless it will one shoot tanks for 200muni per shot.

Which actually seems very likely because things need to stay balanced yet different and that is the only solution I can see to not make it reskinned elephant.

So take a chill pill, I know you're rock hard on the sole thought of jtiger, but expecting more then elephant is to say it politely, naive.
6 May 2014, 19:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge

@thread

seriously though try to stay on topic and please follow forum rules. :)
6 May 2014, 20:03 PM

I'm really looking forward to see 128mm AP shell do more then 152mm HE shell.

Sadly, jadgtiger will not be better then elephant, because there can't be anything better then 100% penetration and two shooting tanks, unless it will one shoot tanks for 200muni per shot.

Which actually seems very likely because things need to stay balanced yet different and that is the only solution I can see to not make it reskinned elephant.

So take a chill pill, I know you're rock hard on the sole thought of jtiger, but expecting more then elephant is to say it politely, naive.

did peter not say that no current unit is shooting HE? so the isu must be ap rounds now.
6 May 2014, 20:21 PM

did peter not say that no current unit is shooting HE? so the isu must be ap rounds now.

Mechanically it shoots AP and only arty shoots HE.
Or in other words, shots are called AP for the penetration over distance drop mechanic to work.
As far as the unit goes, huge AoE means HE not as the type of shell for calculating penetration, but for the immersion.

I hope you know what I mean.
Easy to understand, hard to explain in plain words.
6 May 2014, 20:33 PM

Jagdtiger will get the 128mm pak 44 main gun version.You could see it in the Trailer.
The Jagdtiger had even bigger armour then the Elephant.Elephant had 200mm while Jagdtiger had 250mm armour.

I m really looking Forward to see this Monster in the game.I m sure it will be a 1 time call-in like the Tiger ace.
6 May 2014, 20:35 PM

And that is why paks and shrecks exist :D

PaKs....may be ok, but shrecks, dont even mention them, even flies live longer than them, and they dont drop anything after dead xD
6 May 2014, 21:06 PM

The Jagdpanther had the same gun like the elephant - the extra Long Pak 43 and the Jagdpanther had also more armour then the SU-85.And it was based on the more modern panther chassis.
6 May 2014, 21:16 PM

^Wut lol
6 May 2014, 21:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2014, 21:06 PMAffe

The Jagdpanther had the same gun like the elephant - the extra Long Pak 43 and the Jagdpanther had also more armour then the SU-85.And it was based on the more modern panther chassis.

I'm not sure if that would defeat multiple SU-85's at once.
PAGES (35)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS