Login

russian armor

Blitzkrieg is pretty useless now

PAGES (8)down
28 Apr 2014, 22:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 21:56 PMKatitof

Oh but thats easy to answer!

Exactly the same way soviets always had, together with PaK and gren support and a mine here and there.
I'm winning almost effortlessly 2v2s with T34s, because german players are still stuck in the last patch, thinking a single panther or tiger will fend off any number of advancing tanks.

Well, not the case anymore, 2 T34/76 are more effective then a single panther as well as they cost more, time to use superior mobility and range because relaying on armor and health alone isn't the "go to" way anymore.

Spamming panthers with no infantry AT support will guarantee you a loss, because numbers do matter now on the soviet side.

hm. Never spamming whithout support. I often used the p4 and pak 40 combo. This doesn't work anymore.
28 Apr 2014, 22:17 PM

I see that german players get used to be OP in everything. OP bliztkrieg, OP late-game units. Now somethings changed for better - better balance, germans lost their OP status in late-game - and almost every1 complain because now it's harder to deal with soviets.

PS
Bliztkrieg was insane. Panther faster or equal to scout car o.O

You forgot early game Grenspam which is still just as viable and powerful if its in the hands of someone that actually knows how to use cover and tactics.

Your exactly right it is so fucking hilarious IMO most German players played Germans for all the OP shit they could abuse. Now that we have some balance going on they ROfLMAO complaining because their blatant lack of skill is now very obvious. That being said I refused to play Germans one iowta last patch because I dont like to use bullshit to win and guess what this patch is awsome becuase now I can play both factions.
And guess what I actually know how to play and Balance still favors Germans, I can tell honestly just by playing so German players L2P for realz! Patch is fucking great and fun and I can play Germans agian because they are not insane OP anymore.

Blitz is still a great ability. Neither Faction is OP, but balance truly does still favor Germans so if you are a German who is complaining that Soviet is op now or some bs seriously its time to actually work on your skill and micro.
28 Apr 2014, 22:34 PM
Patrion 14

hm. Never spamming whithout support. I often used the p4 and pak 40 combo. This doesn't work anymore.

lol pak is better than ever and the at-gap between pak and zis is even bigger now.
28 Apr 2014, 22:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 13:41 PMAbdul

please share with us how to "use it correctly"

Instant acceleration helps you to flank, correct your position or GTFO if needed.
28 Apr 2014, 23:07 PM

I agree. I also didn't touch the Germans last patch because it was little kid mode. It was a disgrace to use such a bullshit op faction. Now I can play Germans again which was my faction of choice in coh1.

As for blitzkrieg it still works great, especially in snow, mud, rivers and battlefield obstacles. It is time to take off the diapers and start to potty train. As all the german exploiters would say before the patch l2p and adapt.
28 Apr 2014, 23:50 PM

I spent the last game chasing a kv8 with a tiger and couldn't catch it even with blitz, as it roasted the rest of my army. Blitz is useless might as well give vet 1 a fireworks display or parade confetti.Blitz does not work great it is horrible. Paying precious munitions for that split second of acceleration hardly helps you get anywhere quicker, which is no blitz at all. At least rename the ability to "not blitz".
29 Apr 2014, 01:12 AM

I agree. I also didn't touch the Germans last patch because it was little kid mode. It was a disgrace to use such a bullshit op faction. Now I can play Germans again which was my faction of choice in coh1.

As for blitzkrieg it still works great, especially in snow, mud, rivers and battlefield obstacles. It is time to take off the diapers and start to potty train. As all the german exploiters would say before the patch l2p and adapt.

Nice! Right on someone who knows what hes talking about ;) add me on steam man NorthWestFreshReborn. Always good to play with someone that has a little backbone + integrity.
29 Apr 2014, 01:13 AM

I spent the last game chasing a kv8 with a tiger and couldn't catch it even with blitz, as it roasted the rest of my army. Blitz is useless might as well give vet 1 a fireworks display or parade confetti.Blitz does not work great it is horrible. Paying precious munitions for that split second of acceleration hardly helps you get anywhere quicker, which is no blitz at all. At least rename the ability to "not blitz".

Or waste of muni button.
29 Apr 2014, 01:22 AM

Or waste of muni button.

Or not broken any more.
29 Apr 2014, 01:29 AM

That is not what blitz is for anymore.
29 Apr 2014, 01:52 AM

Blitz doesn't increase speed anymore. It is your fault for having your Panther out of position. I know tank positioning is new to German players but now you can't just go kart all over the battlefield using your Panther to cover your entire army.
29 Apr 2014, 01:58 AM

Blitz doesn't increase speed anymore. It is your fault for having your Panther out of position. I know tank positioning is new to German players but now you can't just go kart all over the battlefield using your Panther to cover your entire army.

A KV-8 is supposed to be slower than a Tiger IRL, the main problem is that somehow KV's are faster than Tigers in this game; they are faster by a few tenths. Blitz is doing what it is supposed to be doing, however.
29 Apr 2014, 02:28 AM

That is not what blitz is for anymore.
I was right behind it. If it cant at least stay with a tank its right behind there is no real use for it.You say thats not what is for as if it was designed to be this way. Blitz was designed to make tanks go faster period. And then it got nerfed. Its was blitz since coh1. And then in coh2 its not blitz. It's push this button to dump munitions.So again this argument that it was broken and now its what it was supposed to be is crap. It wasn't designed to be useless it was just nerfed that way.
29 Apr 2014, 02:57 AM

I was right behind it. If it cant at least stay with a tank its right behind there is no real use for it.You say thats not what is for as if it was designed to be this way. Blitz was designed to make tanks go faster period. And then it got nerfed. Its was blitz since coh1. And then in coh2 its not blitz. It's push this button to dump munitions.So again this argument that it was broken and now its what it was supposed to be is crap. It wasn't designed to be useless it was just nerfed that way.

It is an in-game Tiger anyways. You shouldn't expect that thing to trail anything, even though IRL it is faster than a KV-8. Having it back the way it was would return the problem of mindless blitzing out of fights where the tank should die, and instant super speed would make flanking require little thought. Just have to get used to normal tank speeds, i suppose. CoH2 is also very different than vCoH. I would refrain from trying to compare the two, because one can easily just quit CoH2 and just play basic CoH, and that is not an excuse that can be used as an argument. The current objective of blitz is to terminate speed reductions caused by terrain, and this is rather helpful in certain situations like mud... which we all hate and is on practically one map :clap: (not my fault its purpose isn't widely available). More thought needs to be put on how it should be used, and not from us.
29 Apr 2014, 03:05 AM

I'm so tired of seeing the "this is how *insert Relic employee name here* intended for it to be" argument. Guess what, if it decreases the quality of gameplay it doesn't become ok because HURR Relic intended it to be that way. For example PQ said something like now PGrens are supposed to be a defensive unit against charging Soviet troops, but most high level players would agree they were a much better unit in an offensive flanking role.

FYI Relic initially also intended for there to be ZERO resource sectors and instead caches were built to give you income wherever you wanted to place them. They changed it after Ami gave them shit for it, so it pays to not have this "but they wanted it to be like this" attitude because they don't always make the best decisions, believe it or not.

On topic: Blitzkrieg needed to be nerfed a bit, but not this much.
29 Apr 2014, 03:13 AM

I'm so tired of seeing the "this is how *insert Relic employee name here* intended for it to be" argument. Guess what, if it decreases the quality of gameplay it doesn't become ok because HURR Relic intended it to be that way. For example PQ said something like now PGrens are supposed to be a defensive unit against charging Soviet troops, but most high level players would agree they were a much better unit in an offensive flanking role.

Blitz was a necessary change. Panzergrenadiers armor nerf was not. Blitz is its own category as it was easily abusable and threw planning and tactics out the window. I do not know what happened with panzergrenadiers, but they are meant to enter close conditions, and they die way too fast to do their job now. I fail to find a use for them outside of upgrading to panzerschrecks for use in combined arms. LMG grens are better for the cost when it comes to close combat infantry shootouts... So blame Relic. The change of blitz improved the quality of gameplay, if you hadnt seen the new match faction percentages.
29 Apr 2014, 03:36 AM

with a free weekend its too early to say if the patch made perceived balance more equal from just people choosing a faction.

The blitz nerf was a little too far imo. With the range/sight of Su 85s(isu's) and the need to suicide rush it, I saw it as a necessity. I understand the it was a get out of jail free card argument, but while nerfing it's Houdini escape act, the offensive capability was killed. There has to be somewhere in-between only useful for getting through mud, and Im in trouble let's get out of here.
29 Apr 2014, 03:46 AM

with a free weekend its too early to say if the patch made perceived balance more equal from just people choosing a faction.

The blitz nerf was a little too far imo. With the range/sight of Su 85s(isu's) and the need to suicide rush it, I saw it as a necessity. I understand the it was a get out of jail free card argument, but while nerfing it's Houdini escape act, the offensive capability was killed. There has to be somewhere in-between only useful for getting through mud, and Im in trouble let's get out of here.

Someone suggested blitz only working forwards, not backwards. That is one change that isn't as radical as the current one that already solves half the problem with blitz. Blitz is supposed to be mainly an offensive tactic; it is a famous tactic used in the war. Cancelling blitzing backwards fixes the super easy getaway when soviets have actually flanked a german tank, and somehow the tank speeds away backwards at a million miles per hour with a small percentage of health remaining. In those situations, you can't just say "use mines". However, in German offensive situations, mines are an excellent counter to blitz. I would have preferred a small adjustment over a massive change. Sure, butthurt would still exist when blitzing tanks completely strafe turretless soviet tanks/slow turreted tanks, but i feel more butthurt when i am sniping a tank/flanking a tank when it suddenly reverses away at super high speeds. Offensive tactic, not defensive. If a german tank took a u-turn to drive away, it is still vulnerable to a few more AP shots.
29 Apr 2014, 03:47 AM

WA? I said nothing about a panther karting all over the map. I said a Tiger exactly on the rear of an Kv8, even with blitz couldnt keep up with it. Anyway, who can afford Tigers with Panthers anymore in less than a 3v3?
29 Apr 2014, 03:55 AM

Saying the current blitz helps flanking is like saying walking for one min per day helps you losing weight.

Can you Soviet troll make some fucking sense?
All I read in this thread is some Soviet player celebrating that the uberOP German finally have some shit to eat. L2PADAPT trolllololol.

This goddamn Blitzkreig = put rocket booster in panzer exist since the very starting day from vCOH, and they replace it with a muni waste button for a pretty lightning logo on the head after 7 years, lel

Or just revert it prepatched but make it expensive but global like the vCOH blitz.

Increase the cost? Fine.
Decrease the duration? Fine.
Decrease extra maximum speed? Fine.
Remove extra maximum speed and just increase acceleration? Dafug, did you ever study elementary Physics?

Yeah, PQ said shocks in m3 to counter Pios. <444>_<444> I wonder if this guy being the only person deciding balancing change.

It was a assaulting or oh shit button. Now it is an oh shit button while driving into, hur, mud?
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS