Login

russian armor

Blitzkrieg is pretty useless now

PAGES (8)down
25 Apr 2014, 23:25 PM

I wouldnt care if Blitz was free now with a super high cool down. Its useful but not 30 muni useful. Its about as useful as Soviet armors Vet 1 ability.

I have capped a VP today with my T34!
25 Apr 2014, 23:34 PM

I like the new blitzkrieg ability.

Instead of a 'L0L hyperspeedz' button that allowed you to drive straight up to tank destroyers, kill them, and then speed away with a 0.75 hit modifier regardless of engine damage, it now functions like a balanced ability.

It doesn't help you when your tanks are already at max speed driving across an open field, and it shouldn't. It's called max speed for a reason. T34s can go beyond max speed, but they blow their engines in the process. Instead, blitz now makes traversing cluttered terrain much easier, making it easier to quickly position your tanks for a real flank (not the old blitz 'flank' a.k.a. head on assault followed by circle strafe).
26 Apr 2014, 11:12 AM

It works nice on Tigers.
26 Apr 2014, 13:42 PM

Use it for stop, shoot and flank. You can stop and shoot and be up to max speed to get behind them. I see it not so much as an escape skill now, more as an improved attack skill (as intended?).
26 Apr 2014, 14:57 PM

I wouldnt care if Blitz was free now with a super high cool down. Its useful but not 30 muni useful. Its about as useful as Soviet armors Vet 1 ability.

To be honest I actually like that idea. Make it a toggle on/off ability just like soviet armor vet1 which disables the main gun.

I never understood why people bash tank sector capturing so much btw. Its a very useful ability to have imho
26 Apr 2014, 15:13 PM

To be honest I actually like that idea. Make it a toggle on/off ability just like soviet armor vet1 which disables the main gun.

I never understood why people bash tank sector capturing so much btw. Its a very useful ability to have imho

I'm not bashing it. I agree. But it was nowhere near as useful as the old blitz. The old blitz was like having a doctrinal ability for free. It was a game changer. Neither capture nor the new blitz have that kind of impact. So my point is they are both somewhat useful and I think neither should have a cost.
26 Apr 2014, 15:30 PM

I'm not bashing it. I agree. But it was nowhere near as useful as the old blitz. The old blitz was like having a doctrinal ability for free. It was a game changer. Neither capture nor the new blitz have that kind of impact. So my point is they are both somewhat useful and I think neither should have a cost.

Yep I agree, in my opinion it would be great if one of the next balance patches focused on vet abilities...because lets face it: A lot of them simply arent great. The idea behind having abilities unlocked at vet 1 is cool but not if the abilities are boring or outright suck
26 Apr 2014, 15:41 PM

I see that german players get used to be OP in everything. OP bliztkrieg, OP late-game units. Now somethings changed for better - better balance, germans lost their OP status in late-game - and almost every1 complain because now it's harder to deal with soviets.

PS
Bliztkrieg was insane. Panther faster or equal to scout car o.O
26 Apr 2014, 18:27 PM

Overprized, so cost reduction to 25 munition.

+ it would be nice if it would effect the fotm scatter penatlty for the duration like reducing it to x0,8 from x0.5.
27 Apr 2014, 16:11 PM

Better swap it for another ability, like capping.
27 Apr 2014, 17:12 PM

Blitz is not useless now. Whoever claims it doesn't know how to use it correctly. Period.
28 Apr 2014, 12:40 PM

Nah, its pretty useless. You use it to reach top speed faster now obviously, which doesn't take very long even without using the ability. It should be a speed boost like before, just toned down a bit to not be insane cartoonish speed.
28 Apr 2014, 13:41 PM

Blitz is not useless now. Whoever claims it doesn't know how to use it correctly. Period.

please share with us how to "use it correctly"
28 Apr 2014, 13:47 PM

This lol change making SU85 a joke in Langres.
28 Apr 2014, 13:49 PM

Nah, its pretty useless. You use it to reach top speed faster now obviously, which doesn't take very long even without using the ability. It should be a speed boost like before, just toned down a bit to not be insane cartoonish speed.

It works great on the slow and sluggish panthers and tigers, but not so great on the medium tanks. I think this is fine, considering the soviet capture point ability is great on the T70 and T34s, but bad on the more expensive heavy tanks.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 13:47 PMPorygon

If only germans had some other ways to deal with SU85s...
28 Apr 2014, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 10:13 AMPorygon
Told ya they removed blitz because nubs whining they can't stop a fucking blitz P4.

...and because while playing germans - if they ever did - they didn't know what to do with it. :p
28 Apr 2014, 13:58 PM

...and because while playing germans - if they ever did - they didn't know what to do with it. :p

That doesn't make any sense. If a player doesn't know how to (ab)use an ability, he is less likely to call it OP because he knows how hard it is to use.
28 Apr 2014, 14:00 PM

That doesn't make any sense. If a player doesn't know how to (ab)use an ability, he is less likely to call it OP because he knows how hard it is to use.

C'mon man, nobody can dig a joke here?
28 Apr 2014, 14:05 PM

C'mon man, nobody can dig a joke here?

It's very hard to tell on the internet if someone is joking. Especially when someone who I consider a defender of the German faction makes a comment that defends the German faction. ;)
28 Apr 2014, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 13:47 PMPorygon

If only germany had AT infantry or 60 range AT guns....

Too bad they don't have them and tanks are the only means of damaging an armor...
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS