Login

russian armor

Blitzkrieg is pretty useless now

PAGES (8)down
28 Apr 2014, 17:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 14:34 PMKatitof

If only germany had AT infantry or 60 range AT guns....

Too bad they don't have them and tanks are the only means of damaging an armor...

PG is a joke in this patch, so as overnerfed panther.

So are you telling me if I don't choose Pak43 or Elefant I can't counter this uberassualtgun reverse faster than blitzing P4?
28 Apr 2014, 17:23 PM

german tanks - more armor - less mobility
soviet tanks - less armor - more mobility
blitzkrieg evens the acceleration of soviet and german tanks so p4 or panther can flank as fast as a t34, it shouldn't be a nobrainer "trololol i'll just blitz in, destroy everything, pop smoke and run my 1hp tanks back to my pio blob for repairs".
28 Apr 2014, 17:29 PM

german tanks - more armor - less mobility
soviet tanks - less armor - more mobility
blitzkrieg evens the acceleration of soviet and german tanks so p4 or panther can flank as fast as a t34, it shouldn't be a nobrainer "trololol i'll just blitz in, destroy everything, pop smoke and run my 1hp tanks back to my pio blob for repairs".

It shouldn't be a nobrainer but it is necessary for flanking high range assault gun in open map.

I don't care the extra speed is decreased or speeding time is decreased or both, it is unacceptable while they totally remove it.
28 Apr 2014, 17:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 17:03 PMPorygon

So are you telling me if I don't choose Pak43 or Elefant I can't counter this uberassualtgun reverse faster than blitzing P4?

Fun isn't it? When german tanks are suddenly equal to soviet tanks they are "overnerfed".
Well, too bad that this is how it will be from now on.

German armor is not meant to be more cost effective anymore.

I'm telling you if you won't adapt and still relay on old things you will keep loosing.

For some odd reason you believe that tanks should frontally kill dedicated tank destroyers, until your mindset won't change, you will keep loosing to better players, because now, I need to say it again, the armor of both factions is equal and AT guns and infantry based AT got better.

Time to use combined arms and if you need ele or pak43 to counter SU-85 then you're few months behind in terms of adaptation.
28 Apr 2014, 17:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge

what i think of this thread so far... :)
28 Apr 2014, 17:49 PM

yeah, i guess some people just can't handle having equal armor for both factions.
28 Apr 2014, 18:27 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 17:03 PMPorygon

pak 40... they are crazy good this patch.

i do agree that 1.6 acceleration is noticeable but still not good enough. maybe overdrive and blitz can give even bigger multiplier so when in blitz, vehicles act like they were in pre-patch, top speed right away.
28 Apr 2014, 19:12 PM
Patrion 310

Genuine question, for all the players that believe blitzkrieg is useless, would you be happy if blitzkrieg was swapped for cap and cap swapped for blitzkrieg?
28 Apr 2014, 19:14 PM
Patrion 15

@ Puppetmaster, yes actually, blitz feels pretty weak atm and capping with tanks is actually useful in late game vp grinds.
28 Apr 2014, 19:47 PM

Genuine question, for all the players that believe blitzkrieg is useless, would you be happy if blitzkrieg was swapped for cap and cap swapped for blitzkrieg?

I wouldn't mind. I could park my Tiger on a enemy VP, have it soak up damage if it comes to that...use combined arms to protect it. Blitzkreig on a tiger isn't all that effective anyways, especially with the way it's been adjusted. Using stug's stun and p4/panther flank is better than blitz for its intended use.

Conversely, blitzkrieg(call it overdrive like the halftrack and m3) on a T34 (maybe use an overheat after its use like RAM fail) would be great at flanking Elephants or any other heavy as it could reach it's top speed faster. Nice soft counter.
28 Apr 2014, 20:34 PM

I wouldn't mind. I could park my Tiger on a enemy VP, have it soak up damage if it comes to that...use combined arms to protect it. Blitzkreig on a tiger isn't all that effective anyways, especially with the way it's been adjusted. Using stug's stun and p4/panther flank is better than blitz for its intended use.

Conversely, blitzkrieg(call it overdrive like the halftrack and m3) on a T34 (maybe use an overheat after its use like RAM fail) would be great at flanking Elephants or any other heavy as it could reach it's top speed faster. Nice soft counter.

Blitzkrieg is probably most effective on the tiger because it doesn't have fast acceleration of itself. Turning the slow sluggish beast into something that can maneuver more freely in tight spaces.
28 Apr 2014, 20:52 PM

Well right now: Blitz is not worth it's 30 munitions.
28 Apr 2014, 21:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Is it better than smoke?

I tend to think no
28 Apr 2014, 21:13 PM

Is it better than smoke?

I tend to think no

Darn it. Your right! And while we are at it. Tripwire flair isnt better than Incendiary strike I mean WTF.
28 Apr 2014, 21:17 PM

Blitzkrieg is probably most effective on the tiger because it doesn't have fast acceleration of itself. Turning the slow sluggish beast into something that can maneuver more freely in tight spaces.

I like to play it as a mobile turret because it'll never match the speed of soviet armor, blitzkrieg or not. There's something satisfying to me about the idea of being able to break through the lines, backcap (soak damage while capping), then be reinforced and change the direction of the frontline. That's just my opinion.
28 Apr 2014, 21:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 17:41 PMKatitof

Fun isn't it? When german tanks are suddenly equal to soviet tanks they are "overnerfed".
Well, too bad that this is how it will be from now on.

German armor is not meant to be more cost effective anymore.

I'm telling you if you won't adapt and still relay on old things you will keep loosing.

For some odd reason you believe that tanks should frontally kill dedicated tank destroyers, until your mindset won't change, you will keep loosing to better players, because now, I need to say it again, the armor of both factions is equal and AT guns and infantry based AT got better.

Time to use combined arms and if you need ele or pak43 to counter SU-85 then you're few months behind in terms of adaptation.

you're right, no more cost effectiveness for german armor. Just for soviet armor. Maybe you can enlighten us how we should use the actual crappy german armor, in order not to be in every game overrun by hordes of t34s and shermans. I am open to any suggestion, because personally I cannot find a solution at the moment.
28 Apr 2014, 21:48 PM

\Maybe you can enlighten us how we should use the actual crappy german armor, in order not to be in every game overrun by hordes of t34s and shermans.

I don't know how you're being overwhelmed by hordes of T34s and Shermans. Shermans cost more than P4s and T34s preform worse while only cost 15 less fuel.

Keep your panzers at distance, they have high velocity cannons that will penetrate T34 at range more than the T34 will penetrate your panzer.

Alternatively, spam pumas.
28 Apr 2014, 21:54 PM

I don't know how you're being overwhelmed by hordes of T34s and Shermans. Shermans cost more than P4s and T34s preform worse while only cost 15 less fuel.

Keep your panzers at distance, they have high velocity cannons that will penetrate T34 at range more than the T34 will penetrate your panzer.

Alternatively, spam pumas.

Are you playing other games than 1v1? If yes, then you should know what I'm talking about. And this, while having allways a better startgame than soviet team. :S
28 Apr 2014, 21:56 PM

you're right, no more cost effectiveness for german armor. Just for soviet armor. Maybe you can enlighten us how we should use the actual crappy german armor, in order not to be in every game overrun by hordes of t34s and shermans. I am open to any suggestion, because personally I cannot find a solution at the moment.

Oh but thats easy to answer!

Exactly the same way soviets always had, together with PaK and gren support and a mine here and there.
I'm winning almost effortlessly 2v2s with T34s, because german players are still stuck in the last patch, thinking a single panther or tiger will fend off any number of advancing tanks.

Well, not the case anymore, 2 T34/76 are more effective then a single panther as well as they cost more, time to use superior mobility and range because relaying on armor and health alone isn't the "go to" way anymore.

Spamming panthers with no infantry AT support will guarantee you a loss, because numbers do matter now on the soviet side.
28 Apr 2014, 22:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 08:05 AMAbdul
Unless there is a new way to make use of it I find Blitzkrieg pretty useless now. Did anyone find a good use for it?

Its about time this ability was a bad joke seriously :D
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight